Star Wars coming to Blu Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sithlord1975

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just thought I'd pass this along, in case there is not another post on it.

Yep, all 6 movies in the works, with tons of extras, for a tentative release probably around October 2011.
But at least it's coming. 1080P ya'll. :maul

During a panel at the C2E2 comic convention in Chicago, Steve Sansweet, Lucasfilm's Director of Content Management and Head of Fan Relations, stated that the company has been working on a Star Wars Blu-ray set. "We have been at work for a couple of years working on—I won't call it the Ultimate Set because we keep finding stuff—but, a very full set of all six movies on Blu-ray with lots of extra material", said Sansweet. :chew

Sansweet didn't give a date, but he said " it won't be in the too distant future."

The Digital Bits, quoting industry sources, says that Lucasfilm "tentatively plans the official Blu-ray release to happen in October 2011." Obviously, with the Alien Anthology coming later this year, a 2010 release of Star Wars can be safely ruled out, and considering that A New Hope opened theatrically in May 1977, late 2011 would be a natural choice for a 35th Anniversary Edition Anthology.
:emperor

You might as well start accepting the fact it will be the special editions, with the enhancements. Then we can avoid the bickering battles lol

Hopefully the original theatrical cuts will be included.

Those are long dead and will never see the light of day again. Just keep you DVD's for those.

And sorry Steve but Oct 11 (not to mention the for sure delays) is a very distant future. :)

IT'S ABOUT _____***G TIME!!!!

I hope he consulted or learnt from Adywan about how to redo Star Wars properly...

This was already posted in the Blu Ray format thread, but this is a good sign if we get it on time. My guess is that he'll release several versions of the set because he's probably got some bills to catch up on.

I'll likely be skipping these as there's zero chance that the theatrical cuts of the OT will be included. Hell, I'd buy this set even for a 480P anamorphic transfer as an extra. The letter-boxed laserdisc transfers they slapped on a disc a few years ago just don't cut it.

So these will come out the year before they start releasing both trilogies theatrically in 3d?

They'd never release a blu-ray without another version coming down the pike in a few years...

Glad to hear these are coming eventually. I was very bummed when I got an HDTV only to find out Star Wars isn't on Blu Ray...

I'm going to wait until they release them on microchips that can be imbedded in our brains. That should only be a year or two away, right?

Back