Star Wars coming to Blu Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The TPM Yoda being changed to CGI is the only one I'm aware of, Irish. Have there been others that I've missed?

There have been some other things that have yet to be seen outside of LFL. To quote someone there, "George is always tweaking something here or there." And it's been 5 years since the last versions were released. Do the math.

Trust me, what we get on Blu-ray will be different yet again (though the extent of changes/new stuff remains to be seen). The PT will be touched, too. I don't think TPM Yoda will be the only new thing there, either.

I might know more sometime in June...

Yeah, I doubt anything annoying will be removed. Likely, just added.

That would be my feeling as well... honestly don't care as much about the PT changes; but I did hate that on the TPM DVD that damn podrace was even longer and more ridiculous.

If I'm not mistaken the pod spinning out of control was an added scene?

George-Lucas1.jpg

One of the special features on the TPM DVD shows an extended sequence right before the pod race where the fart from the animal in front of Jar Jar is even longer and juicier. Hopefully that gets added into the movie itself for the Blu-ray.

____ George Lucas. ____ that man straight to the very pits of hell. Those "SPESHUL" Editions suck ass. They ruin Star Wars more then the PT did.

I knew there was hate for the SEs but not this much. I really have no problem with them. Somethings are kind of lame but really doesn't ruin anything for me. At least not enough to be truly pissed off about.

The only things that really piss me off are:

1) The Jabba inclusion into ANH

2) The new "song" in Jabba's palace

:dump

But I am not too keen on Hayden in Jedi either.

I actually agree that the SE's are worse than the prequels. At least the PT can be easily compartmentalized if they don't float your boat.

Exactly! I can (and do) ignore the PT, but if I want to watch a decent transfer of the OT, I have to suffer through all of the pointless additions and conspicuous CGI. Just give us an archival copy of the OT, George, and then no one will care when you make Alderaan shoot first and turn Luke into a Gungan.

Back