Star Wars Celebration V: August 12-15, 2010. Orlando, FL

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone received their tickets yet?? I ordered my passes the first day they went on sale and have not received them yet. Anyone get theirs in the mail? Thanks

I bet the George Lucas appearance is on some random day....I hate when they do that. They make it out to be a surprise, but it's not fair for the fans NOT to know what's going down. It's like Comic Con. Does anybody know if Lucas is going to be at the event for all four days, or just one?

Well, after seeing Star Wars in Concert last night in DC, the 7 year old in me destroyed all traces of the jaded adult and forced me to book my hotel, flights and celebration tickets today!

America..... It's on...... oh it's on!

D
:chew:chew:chew:chew:chew:yess::yess::yess:

No tickets for me either. It'll probably be another week before any start shipping.

This may be old news, but I was a little surprised to see this one today...

From Prowse's website...

"It is with regret that I have been informed by my friends at C2 Ventures, Ben and Phillip, that I am not to be invited to C5 this year or any other Lucas Film associated events. After enquiring, the only thing I have been told is that I have "burnt too many bridges between Lucas Film and myself" - no other reason given.

I have also been advised by the promoter of Paris Manga in September that LFL have requested no photo opportunities with the 501 Squadron, even though I am commander in chief of the 501.

Sincere apologies to all my fans who were hoping to meet with me - I shall miss you too. As you will see from my events page I will be at many conventions all over the world so we can still keep in touch."

https://www.darthvader-starwars.com/

Lucas is Saturday @ 11 AM:

The Main Event runs from 11 AM to 12 Noon (or a little later) on Saturday, August 14 in the Celebration Stage (Chapin Theater) in the Orange County Convention Center. The Celebration Stage seats approximately 2,600. As there are many more than 2,600 fans at SWCV who'll wish to attend, The Main
Event is being broadcast live at the following locations:

Digital Stage (Valencia A) - 1,600 Seats
Behind-The-Scenes Stage (W414 ABCD) - 1,200 Seats
Fan Stage (W311 ABCD) - 800 Seats

In total, 6,200 attendees will be able to watch The Main Event at SWCV. If you are interested in being one of them — to attend The Main Event either in the Celebration Stage or in one of its satellite theaters — you DO NOT need an additional ticket, but you DO NEED a free wristband. Wristbands are given out first, come first served on Saturday morning starting at 6 AM. Unless you are a Jedi Knight or Master badge holder.

I'm seriously freaking out now! What am I going to have to do to see the Lucas panel? I'm willing to be out there in line at 3 AM, but if that's not enough time, I need input. Whose going to camp out for the wrist bands prior the the 6 AM distribution?

This is the one panel I most want to attend during CV. Of course I'm sure all 40,000 attendees feel the same way. Anybody know how many are attending? I'm just making a guess, but it seems so crazy that so few will be able to get into the Lucas panel.

Freaking out here! Need input! Must see Lucas!

:panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic:

Bits I found interesting:

General Attendees
Doors to the Orange County Convention Center Queuing Hall will open at 6 AM on Saturday, August 14. When (and after) doors open, all general attendees will be directed to the Queue Hall. Wristbands for The Main Event will be passed out at the entrance to the Queue Hall. Wristbands will be given out first, come first served. Wristbands will first be given out to the Celebration Stage. Once these have all been claimed, wristbands to the Digital Stage will be distributed. After Digital Stage Wristbands are gone, Behind-The-Scenes wristbands will be passed out. Finally, Fan Stage wristbands will be provided until these, too, have all been claimed. After receiving your Main Event wristband, you will then be directed to the general attendee line. Please note there is not a separate Main Event line. Instead, there is one, master general attendee line to enter the convention. This line will move at 10 AM when the show opens. Attendees with wristbands for the Celebration stage will be guided to the Celebration Stage, attendees with wristbands to the Digital Stage will be guided to the Digital Stage, etc. Attendees without wristbands are free to visit the Celebration Experience Exhibit Hall and all other show features.

Should you be an exhibitor, sponsor, or invited guest wishing to attend The Main Event, please reach out to your Star Wars Celebration V contact prior to the convention. Not all exhibitor, partner, and guest seating requests can be fulfilled, and no special seating requests can be accepted on-site.

One Wristband Per Attendee
One wristband will be given out per attendee beginning at 6 AM on Saturday, August 14. We are unable to provide additional wristbands to attendees who wish to provide them later to family or friends who have not yet arrived.

Late Seating
The Main Event begins at 11 AM on Saturday, August 14. All attendees are requested to take their seats by 10:45 AM. Should an attendee — Jedi Knight or Master VIP, Hyperspace member, general attendee, etc. — arrive after 11 AM, they will be seated at the discretion of the Star Wars Celebration V staff. Late seating is not guaranteed.

Overnight
The doors to the Orange County Convention Center open at 6 AM on Saturday, August 14. We understand that camping out and waiting in line is part of the Star Wars fandom experience. Please, though, use your best judgment when deciding when you wish to arrive. No attendee will be permitted inside the convention center before 6 AM on the 14th or to wait inside overnight. For fans intending to arrive before 6 AM and wait outside, we strongly advise checking with weather reports, wearing proper clothing, and staying hydrated. Please, also, be aware of gators.

And yes, I'm freaking out, but I was a boy scout and our motto...

"Be prepared"

Back