Star Ace Toys: Pulp Fiction

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Ace Toys: Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown & Kill Bill

BW or enterbay would have killed this. HT quality pulp fiction figures would have been gold.

Damn you guys for bumping this haha

I always get excited when I see this thread go back to the top and disappointed once I find out it's just other guys like me waiting and wondering if anything will happen lol

au contraire -- the entire cast is figure worthy. also tarantino's only good movie (together with pulp fiction). the rest is lame ripoff crap.

I rate Reservoir Dogs highly.

I enjoyed Jackie Brown, but I wouldn't buy a single figure from the film. Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill are the only movies I really want to see in 1/6.

I think my "cheap" Bride figure looks great. I've had heaps of compliments...

IMG_5344.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4651.jpg
    IMG_4651.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 222

I enjoyed Jackie Brown, but I wouldn't buy a single figure from the film. Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill are the only movies I really want to see in 1/6.

My top ones are Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs. I like Jackie Brown, but as you said, it is not an action figure film. Really hope somebody will make at leas main characters of Reservoir Dogs one day (not counting old releases), and desperately want dork outfit duo with shining case a that evil wallet :pray:.

i watched ringo lam's "city on fire" and "reservoir dogs" was an insult (of course, that's just my opinion; i don't have a problem with people loving most of tarantino's movies), same with "kill bill", if you know the original flicks it has helped itself generously from.

with "jackie brown" and "pulp fiction" he got everything right, and pam grier is one of my favorite actresses, so he gets extra credit for putting her in the spotlight again (he's got an excellent track record for reviving many a career, i commend him for that). really looking forward to seeing what star ace has in store regarding "jackie brown" characters.

i watched ringo lam's "city on fire" and "reservoir dogs" was an insult (of course, that's just my opinion; i don't have a problem with people loving most of tarantino's movies), same with "kill bill", if you know the original flicks it has helped itself generously from.

with "jackie brown" and "pulp fiction" he got everything right, and pam grier is one of my favorite actresses, so he gets extra credit for putting her in the spotlight again (he's got an excellent track record for reviving many a career, i commend him for that). really looking forward to seeing what star ace has in store regarding "jackie brown" characters.

I've watched a few of the originals that Tarantino "stole" from and, honestly, they put me to sleep. Everyone practically steals or "homages" from some source (even Kurosawa) but Tarantino has a certain flair that makes it special. Not sure why film snobs have to continue to put QT down for stealing (who incidentally mentions who his influences are in his films) but if it makes them feel superior for "liking" the source material, more power to 'em.

I've watched a few of the originals that Tarantino "stole" from and, honestly, they put me to sleep. Everyone practically steals or "homages" from some source (even Kurosawa) but Tarantino has a certain flair that makes it special. Not sure why film snobs have to continue to put QT down for stealing (who incidentally mentions who his influences are in his films) but if it makes them feel superior for "liking" the source material, more power to 'em.

:goodpost::exactly:

Yup...it's kinda hard to find any filmmaker who has not been heavily influenced by other films and filmmakers...nature of the medium...why is Tarantino the only one who is not allowed to be influenced by other films? Scorsese, an irrefutable master, literally lists the films that make up the DNA of his own films. Pastiche, homage, copy...whatever...Tarantino is still one of the most consistently exciting filmmakers working today.

Yup...it's kinda hard to find any filmmaker who has not been heavily influenced by other films and filmmakers...nature of the medium...why is Tarantino the only one who is not allowed to be influenced by other films? Scorsese, an irrefutable master, literally lists the films that make up the DNA of his own films. Pastiche, homage, copy...whatever...Tarantino is still one of the most consistently exciting filmmakers working today.

For those of us who as kids watched at home the same kinds of movies that QT watched, low budget westerns, crime drama, war drama and even horror, sure those movies weren’t of the David Lean caliber, but they were pretty awesome to watch at the time.

i don't know much about the snobs and their arrogance, for they don't interest me, but i have witnessed the opposite: there is hardly another film maker who is celebrated so hard for making movies that are often rehashes of older films. the hype certainly isn't tarantino's fault, that's correct.
speaking of which, however -- "death proof" was good, too, and the "hateful eight" had strong performances as well.

For those of us who as kids watched at home the same kinds of movies that QT watched, low budget westerns, crime drama, war drama and even horror, sure those movies weren’t of the David Lean caliber, but they were pretty awesome to watch at the time.
word; that's what's up. :duff

Death Proof was good!? That's his worst movie and imo a horrible movie after the first killings. Pretty sure he has even said it's his worst.

.. there is hardly another film maker who is celebrated so hard for making movies that are often rehashes of older films. f

I'd hardly call them 'rehashes'. That's pretty much saying he ripped them off. Applying that logic to music, Elvis was a straight up plagiarist.

Led Zeppelin. Outright stole. Never gave credit to people until they got served with a lawsuit.

Go on YouTube and type "Led Zeppelin plagiarism".

Back