Star Ace Toys: Pulp Fiction

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Ace Toys: Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown & Kill Bill

I think KC's and Raimnan's sets are overpriced and not that perfect. So there is always hope for something decent for an affordable price.

If this company was smart they would look at sculpts of these characters that have already been done by other artist and start reaching out to better talent. There are really nice sculpts of Jules, Vincent, Mia, Butch, Beatrix, and Selene already out there and available. When freelance artist are producing better work than your in house talent, it may be time to rethink how to arrive at the best quality product.

Still nothing I guess.

If this company was smart they would look at sculpts of these characters that have already been done by other artist and start reaching out to better talent. There are really nice sculpts of Jules, Vincent, Mia, Butch, Beatrix, and Selene already out there and available. When freelance artist are producing better work than your in house talent, it may be time to rethink how to arrive at the best quality product.

I've seen some of the sculpts for Star Ace and they are better than the customs that are out there.

I've seen some of the sculpts for Star Ace and they are better than the customs that are out there.

Given their poor showing with Marilyn and Selene, I'll believe it when I see it, especially the notion they can produce a sculpt better than the Yakuza Queen.

bold.jpg

Color me skeptical as well. And even then how will the actual production versions turn out?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Given their poor showing with Marilyn and Selene, I'll believe it when I see it, especially the notion they can produce a sculpt better than the Yakuza Queen.

You haven't even seen the mass produced Marilyn figure yet and by many accounts Selene looks fine in hand.

Ooooo can you say who you've seen or just how many from what film?

Probably not yet. Dave's on the inside with Star Ace so I imagine that whatever he says on here about their output will be pretty carefully considered and will contain about as much information as he's allowed to give.

Anyone else ever get pissed off when companies say they can't show yet or waiting for approval for a film that's been out for 22 years? It's not like we don't know what they look like.

Anyone else ever get pissed off when companies say they can't show yet or waiting for approval for a film that's been out for 22 years? It's not like we don't know what they look like.
The last thing a company wants to do is start production on a figure that hasn't been approved yet.

Dave - I saw these pics on Facebook with no credit to the artist. Any chance this is from Star Ace?

01.jpg02.jpg

Back