Star Ace Toys: 1:8 Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Ace Toys: Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow

i don't think anybody on legends of tomorrow is guaranteed to get a figure right out of the gate. I also believe star ace won't do any jackie brown figures until they release at least one or two kill bill and pulp fiction figures. Lot and jackie are not guaranteed performers compared to the other licenses they've picked up lately.

JACKIE BROWN? Like the movie JACKIE BROWN? :D

JACKIE BROWN? Like the movie JACKIE BROWN? :D

Yes. Star ACe is also doing pulp fiction and kill bill. I think there's still a topic about it in General discussion.

Sorry for bumping this old thread, ive just been catching up on the DC Television Universe by binge watching all the Blu-Ray season sets that just came out. Its gotten me real excited about this line and I'm really hoping we see something soon.

The list I'm hoping for are:

Arrow
-Green Arrow (Season 4 costume)
-Black Canary
-Deathstroke
-Malcolm Merlyn/Dark Archer

Flash
-The Flash
-Reverse Flash
-Zoom
-Jay Gerrick/ Earth 2 Flash

Supergirl
-Supergirl
-Superman
-Martian Manhunter

Legends of Tommorrow
-Atom
-White Canary

Same here, been binge watching arrow, flash, supergirl and LoT.

I hope SA is gonna release something soon.

Wait Star Ace does the Harry Potter figures right? Wow can't wait to see these figures

I really am looking forward to the Flash reveal from this line. Been waiting way too long for a 1/6 Flash.

Sorry for bumping this old thread, ive just been catching up on the DC Television Universe by binge watching all the Blu-Ray season sets that just came out. Its gotten me real excited about this line and I'm really hoping we see something soon.

Arrow
-Black Canary
-Deathstroke

Flash
-The Flash
-Reverse Flash
-Zoom

Supergirl
-Supergirl
-Superman
-Martian Manhunter

Legends of Tommorrow
-Atom
-White Canary

Which Jay Garrick? The Teddy Sears one or the real John Wesley Shipp one?

I'd also love to have Captain Cold, Heatwave, and Rip Hunter.

Arrow
-Black Canary
-Deathstroke

Flash
-The Flash
-Reverse Flash
-Zoom

Supergirl
-Supergirl
-Superman
-Martian Manhunter

Legends of Tommorrow
-Atom
-White Canary

That is a good list. And I want at least 75% of those. Which means this line is gonna put me in debt..

Which Jay Garrick? The Teddy Sears one or the real John Wesley Shipp one?

I'd also love to have Captain Cold, Heatwave, and Rip Hunter.

Haha might want to put that in spoilers. Personally id prefer the Teddy Sears one but I'm sure there are a bunch of you guys out there that would love the "Earth 3" version.

And yea, id also have to add Captain Cold to my list!

Been Watching Flash Season 2, Legends of Tomorrow, Arrow Season 4 and Supergirl. With the exception of Supergirl, all shows are highly entertaining. The CW have really upped the ante and I would love some figures from the shows as part of my collection.

With Supergirl, everything is there, and though it has it's moments, it's writing is just so horribly cringe inducingly bad. It's like it takes all the ****** elements of 90's and 00's television and combines them into one. Hope things greatly improve with Season 2, but I'm not liking the choice for Superman and his costume...Just doesn't look like Superman to me.

With Supergirl, everything is there, and though it has it's moments, it's writing is just so horribly cringe inducingly bad. It's like it takes all the ****** elements of 90's and 00's television and combines them into one.

Honestly that's kind of how I felt about Legends of Tommorrow when I started watching it. The plots were razor thin, the acting (especially in regards to Captain Cold and Heat Wave) seems to purposefully be camp, tons of cheesy story devices, and very little was well explained. Plus not matter how hard I try, I just can't see Rory Williams as a badass space adventurer. I find it extremely hard to believe that this took place in the same universe as the hyper-realistic and gritty world of Arrow's first 2 seasons. Luckily a few episodes in things seemed to get toned down a bit and it got better.

Honestly that's kind of how I felt about Legends of Tommorrow when I started watching it. The plots were razor thin, the acting (especially in regards to Captain Cold and Heat Wave) seems to purposefully be camp, tons of cheesy story devices, and very little was well explained. Plus not matter how hard I try, I just can't see Rory Williams as a badass space adventurer. I find it extremely hard to believe that this took place in the same universe as the hyper-realistic and gritty world of Arrow's first 2 seasons. Luckily a few episodes in things seemed to get toned down a bit and it got better.

Legends did feel weird to me at first for the similar reasons, but the show does an excellent job taking influences from shows like Doctor Who and Star Trek that it just worked for me.

Supergirl was just bad in a way that they had to pull out the "I'm a girl" or "Because you're just a girl" card too many times in a forceful manner. It felt unnecessary. I also didn't buy her reasons for laying quiet until she was in her early 20's. I feel Supergirl only becomes something watchable 8 episodes in, but it just can't really sustain momentum. The cast, some of the character beats, dynamics and special effects are competant, but the writing, especially early on is awful.

Legends did feel weird to me at first for the similar reasons, but the show does an excellent job taking influences from shows like Doctor Who and Star Trek that it just worked for me.

Supergirl was just bad in a way that they had to pull out the "I'm a girl" or "Because you're just a girl" card too many times in a forceful manner. It felt unnecessary. I also didn't buy her reasons for laying quiet until she was in her early 20's. I feel Supergirl only becomes something watchable 8 episodes in, but it just can't really sustain momentum. The cast, some of the character beats, dynamics and special effects are competant, but the writing, especially early on is awful.

Yea il admit the "I'm a girl" card annoyed me first as well. Sorry to get political for a second, but doesn't it seem to be the opposite of feminism if someone's accomplishments are even more special due to the fact that a female is achieving them? Wouldn't real feminism be not calling attention to her gender at all and letting her already extraordinary deeds speak for themselves? Laurel or Sarah never got any extra praise just because they were females. They just went out there and kicked some ass and we thought they were awesome because of it.

Yea il admit the "I'm a girl" card annoyed me first as well. Sorry to get political for a second, but doesn't it seem to be the opposite of feminism if someone's accomplishments are even more special due to the fact that a female is achieving them? Wouldn't real feminism be not calling attention to her gender at all and letting her already extraordinary deeds speak for themselves? Laurel or Sarah never got any extra praise just because they were females. They just went out there and kicked some ass and we thought they were awesome because of it.

:exactly: As a girl, and a feminist, I can confirm this is what feminism is, in this situation. Equality among genders. I feel the same though, I couldn't get through the first three Supergirl episodes because they kept playing the "I'm a girl" card. Though I am going to try get through it and watch season 2, because I love the look of Tyler Hoechlin as Superman. It does look 90s campy, yes, but I grew up watching Lois and Clark, so this is almost a throwback to my childhood for me :lol I feel like their target audience was aimed more at younger girls than the 18-30+ range of Arrow and possibly Flash. Hopefully season 2 improves.

:exactly: As a girl, and a feminist, I can confirm this is what feminism is, in this situation. Equality among genders. I feel the same though, I couldn't get through the first three Supergirl episodes because they kept playing the "I'm a girl" card. Though I am going to try get through it and watch season 2, because I love the look of Tyler Hoechlin as Superman. It does look 90s campy, yes, but I grew up watching Lois and Clark, so this is almost a throwback to my childhood for me :lol I feel like their target audience was aimed more at younger girls than the 18-30+ range of Arrow and possibly Flash. Hopefully season 2 improves.

I haven't seen any of the Supergirl show yet, however, I'm intrigued by the quotes about "I'm a girl" and "Because you're just a girl". I'm just generally curious if adult females would be offended if they were addressed as a "girl" rather than a "woman"? I know some guys would probably consider it an insult if they were addressed as "boy" or "son", as it somewhat belittles them. At what age would females start referring to themselves as a "woman" rather than a "girl"?

Yeah the writing on Supergirl can be pretty cheesy and cornball at times (and the show could definitely use some more threatening villains on the level of a Zoom or Slade Wilson), but Benoist is so damn charming and adorable that I don't really mind all that much. And the light and fun tone does feel like a nice throwback to Lois & Clark which I loved.

And as far as Berlanti shows go, I find it a lot more fun and enjoyable to watch than the tired and repetitive Arrow or the generic Legends.

Yeah the writers probably hit that a little too hard, but like with any other discrimination it's not enough just to say "hey we're all equal, end of story, let's not talk about this anymore." Not when there are still underlying issues and very real institutional biases that are holding people back and that have to be dealt with.

And it also seems very likely to me that in the real world Supergirl would get judged quite a bit differently by people and the media based on the fact she was a girl (and the fact she didn't do everything in quite the way Superman would have, for instance). So I think it's only natural that the writers would try to address that.

Yeah the writing on Supergirl can be pretty cheesy and cornball at times (and the show could definitely use some more threatening villains on the level of a Zoom or Slade Wilson), but Benoist is so damn charming and adorable that I don't really mind all that much. And the light and fun tone does feel like a nice throwback to Lois & Clark which I loved.

And as far as Berlanti shows go, I find it a lot more fun and enjoyable to watch than the tired and repetitive Arrow or the generic Legends.

Out of the 3 CW Berlanti shows, I think Flash has the most momentum (pun intended :p). I like the writing, it's got a good balance of fun action, as well as emotional scenes (although they're a bit cheesy at times). The first 2 seasons of Arrow were absolutely brilliant, but it's suffering from a lack of a strong villain, and the show seems a bit tired. I would attribute part of season 4's flaws to the set-up episodes that they did to lead up to Legends.

I don't think it's fair to compare Flash and Arrow, since Flash is a meta-human and there's simply more room to do creative things with him, with all the new abilities, meta-human antagonists, etc. However, the first 2 seasons of Arrow along with the Dark Knight trilogy, have all shown us that it's still possible to have a great superhero show without super powers, it just requires more effort.

As for Legends, I feel the show was inherently harder to write because of the time-travel. A lot of times it just feels like the show lacks substance as they just seem to be running around in circles for most of the season, but I did like how the later half of the show progressed. And I look forward to how this new season will go.

As an aside, being from Vancouver, it's awesome to see the familiar streets and buildings be a part of these amazing shows! :D

My main problem with Legends is that even on their own show, these still just feel like a collection of supporting characters. I may have enjoyed watching Ray, Snart and Sara in their previous appearances, but that still doesn't make them interesting enough for their own show, or make them as fun or thrilling to watch in action as a more iconic character like Flash, Arrow, or Supergirl.

And yeah I realize the central premise of Legends is that these are a bunch of second-rate superheroes who need to prove themselves, but that still doesn't make them any more compelling to watch.

Back