Star Ace Toys: 1:8 Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So it seems like nobody really cares about these but I bought the Green Arrow figure so I might as well post (or warn) about the figure. I was catching up on Arrow and had a $50 Amazon gift card so for $80 I figured why not. As figure that costs $80? Not terrible but not very good. The base body is fine if not a bit small for Stephen Amell, the sculpted elements are pretty detailed and the likeness on the masked head is passable.
For $130? Awful. The costume is honestly terrible and reminds me of a children’s Halloween costume. The whole thing is flat faux leather and is all printed aside from the rivets or whatever and the separate sculpted elements, not to mention the proportions are off. If they were going this method they should have done the season 1-3 costume since it’s much simpler. The hood is terrible too. I’m not completely convinced there’s too much material since it has a pretty wide opening in the show but it’s definitely connected wrong since it’s stitched in the back in a way that doesn’t allow it to drape(?) naturally. I even put a wire in the top and bottom to try to remedy the horribleness of the hood but it doesn’t do a whole lot. The boots suck and make it hard to get him to stand. The unmasked head is also bad and looks more like Tom Payne from TWD.
So yeah, rant over I guess. Honestly there’s really no reason to get this at any price. I wanted to like this but honestly I was so disappointed I almost considered boxing it up and sending it back to Amazon but I modded it a bit and it’s just not worth the trouble. The quality is nowhere near the price point (even for $80 it’s not worth as much as a Mezco One:12), it doesn’t fit in with anything and at best it looks okay just standing there but at that point I might as well have gotten the ARTFX statue for $40. Here’s some pictures:
7522a98a889ff0b56168b34562c2922e.jpg

28c837de635381c66d91691e175f57ec.jpg

9166ed8c3fc2ed297432309bb9c09f99.jpg

c98d53d66b72d8c8e09b9e2d5245c8f2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darn, I was feeling cautiously optimistic about this, since I love all things Supergirl, but it turned out looking like just a smaller version of the Five Star knockoff figure, with almost the same kind of outfit and a worse likeness. :(

stock6_b2456e1f-5a9b-401f-bee6-0bec4ec2989b_1400x.jpg

stock7_a0d0d033-9e9e-4819-910c-adf44a31c53b_1400x.jpg

I thought Pulp Fiction and their recent Potter offerings were bad but this...??? Time for Star Ace to hang it up, at this point they are only embarassing themselves. That head sculpt? The softness made me look for a wick on the top of its head because I assumed that this was the first in a line of Supergirl candles.

Back