1/6 Hot Toys - The Flash - Supergirl Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every DC movie post Snyder, apart from The Batman, has flopped massively.

Gunn is probably on a very short lease. They can't afford to keep hemorrhaging money.

Maybe not officially canceled, but if they're already not bringing back bigger names like Cavill, Gadot and Affleck, there's no way they're going to be keeping her. Plus the fact Gunn announced his own Supergirl movie a ways back.

Yes I just saw that, it was predictable, he wants to end Snyder's universe and make a new start, Gunn still wants to keep Margot Robbie, Jason Momoa but in the role of Lobo, and the lead actor of Blue Beetle, I also read that if WB continued to lose money, the studio could be bought out by Universal, so Gunn could lose his job.

Every DC movie post Snyder, apart from The Batman, has flopped massively.

Gunn is probably on a very short lease. They can't afford to keep hemorrhaging money.
The Snyder films weren’t doing that well to begin with and the characters who have had movies out that have flopped have largely been based off of the DCEU/Snyderverse except for Blue Beetle so….

If the Snyderverse was such a draw there should theoretically still be a draw for movies like The Flash.

The problem is Snyder fans are so obsessed with his involvement that they even close off movies with the characters they supposedly like. It’s real dumb.

DC’s problem is that they lack any direction. People trying to blame James Gunn when he hasn’t technically done anything yet are grasping at straws for things to hate.

The Snyder films weren’t doing that well to begin with and the characters who have had movies out that have flopped have largely been based off of the DCEU/Snyderverse except for Blue Beetle so….

If the Snyderverse was such a draw there should theoretically still be a draw for movies like The Flash.

The problem is Snyder fans are so obsessed with his involvement that they even close off movies with the characters they supposedly like. It’s real dumb.

DC’s problem is that they lack any direction. People trying to blame James Gunn when he hasn’t technically done anything yet are grasping at straws for things to hate.
if they stuck to their original plan/original directors, there wouldn't be movies like "The Flash"...

Some Snyder fans are really toxic and in bad faith it's really horrible, I don't know how they can call themselves "DC fans" and call for boycotts of new films, while rejoicing at box office failures.

I don't have a ton of faith in what Gunn's doing, and didn't think the Snyderverse was working all that well either (aside from MOS and WW)... so like most moviegoers I'm just waiting for the next Batman and Joker movies to come out and that's about it. I've pretty much lost interest in any other kind of superhero movie at this point.

if they stuck to their original plan/original directors, there wouldn't be movies like "The Flash"...
What exactly was the plan? Beyond sequels to Justice League there really wasn’t anything in motion that I’m aware of. I don’t even hate the Snyder films but the fans are so annoying and obsessed and can’t face the fact that it’s over.

What exactly was the plan? Beyond sequels to Justice League there really wasn’t anything in motion that I’m aware of. I don’t even hate the Snyder films but the fans are so annoying and obsessed and can’t face the fact that it’s over.

This was the original plan...
but the higher ups started putting their hands into and dictating how each movie should link to each...

1697393338347.png

Yeah, we are highly unlikely to see Sasha again in this role. It was an unforgettable performance in a forgettable role in an unintentionally forgettable movie. I look forward to the day when this figure is released and maybe HT or someone sends her a copy and Sasha can “pose” with herself again! LOL. It’s not her fault that she got a role of a lifetime, only to have it end so abruptly due to (silly) corporate decisions.

The SDCC Original Plan pic is 3 years after the release of Man of Steel. Math is math. That was the SECOND plan. The actual original plan was Christopher Nolan building a Superman trilogy with Snyder and David Goyer. Metallo would have been the villain of MoS2. We got the BvS plan instead. DCEU has been pretty effed from the get go... but the Dark Knight Trilogy, Joker, MoS, WW, Aquaman, the Batman- I find all of those more watchable than almost any MCU movie. Giving the directors the room to make good movies is more important to me than any world building that has to be done to establish a franchise. If you can do both, gravy.

The latest news from DCU is that Supergirl will cameo in Superman: Legacy to set up her own movie and Sasha Calle will not be returning to the role. Casting is rumored to be going on now. So this will be a one and done figure. What a shame!

The latest news from DCU is that Supergirl will cameo in Superman: Legacy to set up her own movie and Sasha Calle will not be returning to the role. Casting is rumored to be going on now. So this will be a one and done figure. What a shame!
Is anyone shocked by this news though? Most people knew we would never see her again, I agree it's a shame but they are dead set on a reboot

Nothing is official yet, but I read Sasha no longer follows Gunn on Twitter but honestly I'm not surprised.
DC probably wants to make people forget the Flash, even if the actors are not the real problem.

They might aswell formally give up on the shared universe thing. Every movie they make is its own reboot.
Yeah they're a mess. We could have had more keaton in batgirl as a batman beyond mentor figure, as well as brendon fraser as firefly. We could have had a standalone batfleck film like they were planning, instead we have to wait years to see what else they want to reboot

Is it normal for this to have been revised (as it seems) and for Hot Toys to not even announce the changes?

I mean what's to stop them from releasing the Tom Holland headsculpt shown in the prototype instead of the much improved sculpt a few pages back, as technically and legally that is what you ordered.

The lack of transparency with this company is annoying at times.

Back