Star Ace 1:6 - Richard Harris Dumbledore - Harry Potter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This and an Azkaban Harry are the only two figures I'd want from this line but not if it stays like this. Surely they'd change it before release though?

For goodness sake, Star Ace. Just LOOK at that beard. At that price tag, no way. No. Way.

:gah:

If that is the price.... I decided I will go ahead and order it. It is Dumbledore. This will probably be only 1 of 2 we will ever get of him sadly. Great accessories, great robe, great sculpt.... just the beard is completely off. Hoping it will be better in hand. This is like HT Kenobi for me. I like the character and I need a figure of it. Outfit was great on both, but issues with the head take away from both. I ended up enjoying Kenobi on my shelf, hopefully I can say the same about this.

I wonder if the beard would look better if glued on in pieces instead of rooted. I don't think its the 'real hair' of the beard that's looking off but the way its attached and shaped. The hair on the rest of the head looks just fine, so I think of the beard was attached differently and shaped a bit more naturally it would quickly improve the look.

A while back, I was all for companies pushing the envelope as far as real materials and whatnot. I was open to the idea of male figures with rooted hair, and just the idea of shaking it up, but after ACI's Aragorn and figures like this one, I was wrong. it just doesn't work. The mix of the realistic face, with fine wrinkles and whatnot, and the obviously "fake" hair, just don't work. This figure reminds me of Pai Mei.

im still for rooted hair, just not rooted beards

The beard just looks a little too perfectly shaped rather than a little rough as it looks on the character.

The price is probably about right considering there are quite a lot of accessories included.

I don't mind accessories at all, but half the time I don't actually use them, so you're paying that extra money for stuff that just sits in the box.

The beard just looks a little too perfectly shaped rather than a little rough as it looks on the character.

The price is probably about right considering there are quite a lot of accessories included.

I don't mind accessories at all, but half the time I don't actually use them, so you're paying that extra money for stuff that just sits in the box.

I use all the HP accessories in my display. Very happy all this stuff is being included. So I don't mind the prices as long as they continue to deliver on the accessories.

I use all the HP accessories in my display. Very happy all this stuff is being included. So I don't mind the prices as long as they continue to deliver on the accessories.

If this was one of their first figures though, it probably would have only been around $200. Looking back, I suppose it was a pipe dream to hope that these wouldn't go up in price substantially.

Looks like there's a standard version as well, without Fawkes, for $208.99.

Kinda backwards in my opinion, seems like people would want Fawkes more than a light-up crystal ball. . . or perhaps that's why Fawkes is only in the more expensive set.

Overall he looks really good... but the beard just kills it. The plugs are bad (but maybe that will be fixed in production) but the basic shape is just all wrong.

His beard is full and curls quite a bit at the ends, just straight and thin looks bad. Hopefully they revise this as the rest (and particularly the sculpt and accessories) look great.

it's a great figure minus the beard.

once again the accessories are amazing too. i just love all the miniature replicas of stuff these figures come with. so cool.

And up goes the price... Again..

Star Ace isn't Hot Toys. I don't understand why they're pushing it so far, so fast.

I figured after that Sirius figure that we would not be seeing those prices again. Hermione came in barely under $200

Back