Star Ace 1:6 - Richard Harris Dumbledore - Harry Potter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think their figures are pretty darn amazing. HT has been in the game longer. Star Ace's tailoring is quite stellar. Not defending the price increase just saying that they are pretty comparable to HT's head sculpts.

And up goes the price... Again..

Star Ace isn't Hot Toys. I don't understand why they're pushing it so far, so fast.

And up goes the price... Again..

Star Ace isn't Hot Toys. I don't understand why they're pushing it so far, so fast.

:exactly: I really like this line of figures but they do need to slow down and stop churning them out so fast! Us poor collectors won't be able to keep up at this rate! :lol

If they have other licenses why do we keep getting potter after potter. Spread these suckers out between others. So, ya know, they can take their Fing time.

If they have other licenses why do we keep getting potter after potter. Spread these suckers out between others. So, ya know, they can take their Fing time.

:exactly: Or, y'know, don't take their Fing time and just balls it up. . . :dunno

Star Ace lowered the price on this figure.

It's now $238.99.

There's still time, hopefully Star Ace will improve the beard. They just need to slow down, stop making new HP figure every month and take their time.

Have they got some timed licence or something because they really are pumping these HP figures out quickly.

They WHAT?! That's unheard of, and almost like an open admission that they were overcharging in the first place. Oy.

It's not unheard of, they lowered the price of the original Harry Potter as well. IIRC, that one went from $199 to $189

IMHO, a 3% price reduction isn't going to make a whole lot of difference. The thing is, you can charge whatever you want for good figures. If this one had a sculpted beard and looked great, no one would care about the price.

Have they got some timed licence or something because they really are pumping these HP figures out quickly.

All licenses are "timed". Generally, licenses are for two year periods. But with Star Ace's apparent "full steam ahead" approach, it does not appear that their license is ending soon. To me, it looks like the license was successful and they've already renewed their deal.

IMHO, a 3% price reduction isn't going to make a whole lot of difference. The thing is, you can charge whatever you want for good figures. If this one had a sculpted beard and looked great, no one would care about the price.

:exactly::goodpost:

Better..?

image.jpg

Sadly, no. The head hair looks fine to me as it was similar to that in appearance, not unlike the beard actually. But the rooted nature of the beard is what is hurting it I think. If they just glued it on it would probably work better, but I'm wondering if a sculpted beard would just be best at this point.

Asmus is struggling with the same issue on Gandalf the Grey right now. They had a beautifully sculpted beard and hair prototype and then they went and made a rooted hair version and its just not as good as the fully sculpted one was.

:slap

What's supposed to have changed? Looks the same to me.

Sculpt looks fantastic IMO.

Beard is one of the worst I've seen.

Clothes are not great, but bearable if they sort the beard out.

It looks like they added more hair to the beard so it's not so thin... but the plugs along the cheek look bad and its just too straight.

The hair on his head looks very good though, I'd think if the kept that and then sculpted the beard they'd have a winner. Gluing the hair on like we've seen on some customs would look better, but no way they'll go that route as it's very time intensive and not particularly stable for handling.

Back