SSC Zartan 12-Inch Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HT =/= SSC. The more high-end figures HT puts out, especially the ones plucking the heart strings, the more people are gonna cancel SSC figures to get them. You see how many Freaks were drooling over the HT Luke? IMHO, the normal sculpt is as far away as Medi/Enterfail's but they were still all over that ____. The days of "one drops off and two jump on" for Sideshow's 12" have come and gone. That might be true of HT figures (and is), but those glory days for Sideshow 12" have come and gone.

Sure there are a fair amount that will choose to get a HT figure over a SS 1:6th. Sorry the Luke from HT is a million times better than the Medi/Enterbay one. Seeing them in person there is no comparison between the two. I would be willing to be that for every person that gets off there is someone who is willing to get on. It may not be the 2 for 1 of 5-6 years ago but its not below 1:1 .

I'm not sure how much revenue SS is losing or has lost. Sales of items still seem to be pretty good overall. Plus as SS adds new licenses, distributing deals, etc they'll get revenue from that. I'm pretty sure adding DC will balance out whatever they might lose by slowing Joes down from say 6 a year to 4 a year.

No its not incorrect. Most collectors want nicer figures. You take them and show them Rock n Roll compared to the first 1:6th Joe figures and ask them what they want. Collectors want as real a looking figure as they can get thats what seems to marvel folks I talk to at comic-con is how life like they're now. Folks don't want to go back to the mongoloid looking figures of the 60's or even back to less detailed figures of 5-10 years ago.

Decreased ES doesn't mean less folks buying per say. High ES can be generated by people just order because of themselves getting caught up in the moment. As a whole the top end any item I've seen be able to really deal with was 5k on an ES. Higher than that and an item falters and this was in the days when everything was hot.

What most collectors prefer to look at and drool over isn't as relevant as what people will spend money on. Its already been proven that less people will pay $90 for SSC Greedo than there are for a $55 Bib Fortuna. The evidence is in the edition size. If SSC thought 5000 people would buy $90 Greedo, wouldn't they have done it?

Regarding nicer figures...are you saying you'd rather spend $2000 for one figure than $200 each for 10 figures? Doubt it.

There's a balance of quality and quantity, for me its already tipped.

Where is everyone elses?

I'm not sure how much revenue SS is losing or has lost. Sales of items still seem to be pretty good overall. Plus as SS adds new licenses, distributing deals, etc they'll get revenue from that. I'm pretty sure adding DC will balance out whatever they might lose by slowing Joes down from say 6 a year to 4 a year.

Flawed logic, bud. I see companies say this all the time. What they don't realize is that a good chunk of the people buying the new license are customers who've abandoned previous ones to afford it. That's not saying they don't get new customers, they do. But they don't compensate for the loss of revenue on other licenses because there's no cross pollonization to increase sales on those when adding new licenses. The Joes are a perfect case in point. How many of us are cutting back on Star Wars to pick up the Joes? How many have ditched SW all together to focus on Joes? More and more Star Wars products are hanging around on SSC's website, despite them almost halving the ES from previous releases. You can pretend that's not happening all you want, but it's very, very obvious.

It may not be the 2 for 1 of 5-6 years ago but its not below 1:1 .

That's a rarity in the business world. Maybe Superbowl tickets, but toys? If there was a person waiting to replace each collector, why are certain figures still available on SSC's website? Why do people have to cut prices on ebay to sell second hand figures? Why doesn't SSC just boost the edition size?

Just out of curiousity, if there are collectors waiting to jump in, why haven't they already?

I just don't see it.

What most collectors prefer to look at and drool over isn't as relevant as what people will spend money on. Its already been proven that less people will pay $90 for SSC Greedo than there are for a $55 Bib Fortuna. The evidence is in the edition size. If SSC thought 5000 people would buy $90 Greedo, wouldn't they have done it?

Regarding nicer figures...are you saying you'd rather spend $2000 for one figure than $200 each for 10 figures? Doubt it.

There's a balance of quality and quantity, for me its already tipped.

Where is everyone elses?

People will spend their money on what they like to look at. So thats why I'm saying they want their figures to look as kick ass as possible. The price difference between Greedo and Bib got rid of folks who simply bought because they got caught up in the moment. Therefore the ES was made higher. Sure if they thought there was that kind of demand for Greedo between "hardcore" folks and folks who would buy on a whim. Prices now like the NRD make sure people buying really want what they're buying. Thats not a bad thing.

No, I'm not gonna buy a 2k figure. Thats using a price that takes the seriousness out of the equation. Now, if you want to ask me if I would rather buy 5 $200 figures (which look better in ever way) over 10 $100 figures. Then yes I would.

Thats your choice. I think its clear where I stand on the issue.

Flawed logic, bud. I see companies say this all the time. What they don't realize is that a good chunk of the people buying the new license are customers who've abandoned previous ones to afford it. That's not saying they don't get new customers, they do. But they don't compensate for the loss of revenue on other licenses because there's no cross pollonization to increase sales on those when adding new licenses. The Joes are a perfect case in point. How many of us are cutting back on Star Wars to pick up the Joes? How many have ditched SW all together to focus on Joes? More and more Star Wars products are hanging around on SSC's website, despite them almost halving the ES from previous releases. You can pretend that's not happening all you want, but it's very, very obvious.

I would disagree that its a good chunk. Sure some do that I would agree with. What they might lose is someone chooses to buy say their 1:6th supes over cobra trooper variant. Some folks have been cutting back on SW because they don't like Clones. Next year as they do more bounty hunters or Jedi, Sith, etc those folks will pick up a few pieces. I don't disagree items are taking longer to sell out but they're still selling out. Like I said smaller ES aren't a horrible thing because its trimming the fat of people ordering just t order, etc.

That's a rarity in the business world. Maybe Superbowl tickets, but toys? If there was a person waiting to replace each collector, why are certain figures still available on SSC's website? Why do people have to cut prices on ebay to sell second hand figures? Why doesn't SSC just boost the edition size?

Just out of curiousity, if there are collectors waiting to jump in, why haven't they already?

I just don't see it.

With some figures the predicted demand for a character missed. Happens all the time where fans say oh we want this show like there is a big demand and then bail. As far as why isnt it instantaneous? I never said it was as long as an item sells out that shows anyone who didn't get it was replaced by someone else.

Nah, all bets on Star Wars elitists went right out the window when the ROTJ Exclusive Emperor and throne failed to sell as successful as it should've. Greedo's Ex and Hammerhead's Ex are still in stock as well. With Sideshow tossing in gimmicks to justify a price hike on pro-based bounty hunters, I don't think that's gonna change all that much either. Again, they're not selling out despite SSC halving the edition sizes. That means where there were 5k people biting on SW figures 3 years ago, there aren't even 2500 now to ensure an exclusive sells out. In Hammerhead's case, that's was way less at a measly 850pcs. Greedo was considerably smaller at only 750pcs. You think 4-LOM and Dengar are gonna fare any better?! :lol

Last edited:
I think price is as big if not bigger deciding factor on how many people collect the line as does quality. Not to say that crap will sell at lower prices, but IMO the earlier SW figures were not wholly bad and I'd buy them all day at the old prices and never feel like I made a silly purchase. Today, even great figures I feel a bit foolish to have dropped $125 on it.

With that I'll step out off the argument as everyone knows my side, unless someone has a new point of view.

Nah, all bets on Star Wars elitists went right out the window when the ROTJ Exclusive Emperor and throne failed to sell as successful as it should've. Greedo's Ex and Hammerhead's Ex are still in stock as well. With Sideshow tossing in gimmicks to justify a price hike on pro-based bounty hunters, I don't think that's gonna change all that much either. Again, they're not selling out despite SSC halving the edition sizes. That means where there were 5k people biting on SW figures 3 years ago, there aren't even 25 now to ensure an exclusive sells out. In Hammerhead's case, that's a measly 850pcs. Greedo was considerably smaller at only 750pcs. You think 4-LOM and Dengar are gonna fare any better?! :lol

Yeah, that coming up short was surprising but I think that was the emperor was too high for not coming with enough. You've gotta give people enough for their money along even with how cool figures are now. Oh I think Boba will sell just fine. The light up base gimmick or not looked pretty cool. I would guess their edition sizes will be small like 750.

I think price is as big if not bigger deciding factor on how many people collect the line as does quality. Not to say that crap will sell at lower prices, but IMO the earlier SW figures were not wholly bad and I'd buy them all day at the old prices and never feel like I made a silly purchase. Today, even great figures I feel a bit foolish to have dropped $125 on it.

With that I'll step out off the argument as everyone knows my side, unless someone has a new point of view.

I don't feel foolish for having bought what I bought but I don't feel that way now either. The figures I get 99.99% of the time I feel like I get my monies worth.

Economy hasn't changed my spending on bit.

29818520.jpg

Back