SSC Voltron: Defender of the Universe Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm gonna be using fabrikor from ikea.. it should fit in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glass shelves from ikea are rated at 22lbs.. ain't much you can put on trust on them

Checked it out, it will fit however would you trust 28 lbs on those glass shelves?

I got very lucky someone in my area posted it on offerup for 20 dollars when it was at 199 at ikea. Needless to say I flew to her storage unit and picked it up

If he didn't fit in I was gonna put thanos in there or something.

Ok so these are some of my shelves and Voltron will easily fit. They are PAK 40" x 96" and only $110 shelves are $15 at IKEA. My only advice is something I will be doing is get metal bars to put under the shelves as over time they warp. These are thick, heavy duty shelves and still. I'm not saying it's an eyesore but I can tell.

I just ordered the new Optimus so that will likely sit on my 2 foot high box shelves I have my 3 Detolfs sitting on. Either that or since it's huge I'll make it a new location and leave a spot for Megatron or Bee if they ever make one.

IMG_2536.jpg

Pardon the weird mix of 1/6 they go to the Cantina I built and I still have other stuff coming in and 2 more shelves on the other side behind me with my Vaders and Ren but I wanted to show you these low cost large shelves.

Actually the Cantina is not there it was just to hold it, now there is a T-Rex, Triceratops and Mososaur.

I'm selling that Cantina no figures or furniture for $1000. It has working battery operated window lights and remote LED strip and real stucco work. It is fantastic. Here is a pic or 3. It's far heavier than Voltron. Actually all my shelves are.

IMG_2233.jpgIMG_2222.jpgIMG_2228.jpg

Ok so these are some of my shelves and Voltron will easily fit. They are PAK 40" x 96" and only $110 shelves are $15 at IKEA. My only advice is something I will be doing is get metal bars to put under the shelves as over time they warp. These are thick, heavy duty shelves and still. I'm not saying it's an eyesore but I can tell.

I just ordered the new Optimus so that will likely sit on my 2 foot high box shelves I have my 3 Detolfs sitting on. Either that or since it's huge I'll make it a new location and leave a spot for Megatron or Bee if they ever make one.

View attachment 346225

Some of your shelves are still straight, however. I'm pretty sure the bowing is a result of exceeding the weight limit for the shelf. Awesome collection!

Agreed Centurion. I have to still get the metal bars figured out.

I have no plans to leave the Walker under there and with all the pieces I have on the way many will move. Heck my Voltron has many other Voltrons to put with him. It will look way different with a Voltron shelf and Jango and the rest of the crew. There's a lot around the room as well. I gotta get my stuff straight lol.

I'm definitely pre planning that Primes location. You can't see it but I have 2 large flat screens side by side. I have to move one down stairs to make room for another shelf. I'm actually tired of musical displays.

I'm definitely pre planning that Primes location. You can't see it but I have 2 large flat screens side by side. I have to move one down stairs to make room for another shelf. I'm actually tired of musical displays.
Haha!
It's a nice problem to have though.
Sounds like you've got a nice collection. :duff

Back