SSC TPM Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Padawan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
those evilbay prices are a joke. ESPECIALY if you look at the completed listings. you'll see that once a week or so, one ACTUALY sells.

For around 45-60$. :lol

I got one a few days ago. for 60$

TPM Obi-Wan is one off my Wishlist -so I'm stoked about this.

those evilbay prices are a joke. ESPECIALY if you look at the completed listings. you'll see that once a week or so, one ACTUALY sells.

For around 45-60$. :lol

I got one a few days ago. for 60$
maybe that was you who outbid me hahahahahahaha

I was very happy when I first saw the video, because Obi-Wan has been on my whishlist for a long time. A future great addition to my collection, that is sure.
Date of release ? ... 2013 ?

Promising news from the CTR interview with Sideshow.

BB The next hole we’re going to fill is going to be battle droids and other pieces within the Trade Federation. But for humans, the Episode I Obi-Wan Kenobi prototype has finally been wrapped up, so…

DMM Is it here?

BB No, its out at Lucasfilm right now.

DMM (expletive delete)

BB But it’s beautiful. We’ve broken some new ground with this guy. It’s got a bit more feature fun to it.

DMM You’re referring to the light-up lightsaber you mentioned last time?

BB It’s been a real interesting go around with that. We’re balancing out between things we could do and would do if we were making one. As a prototype it is amazing, but if it were produced like this you’d have glass elements and wire. Plus the inelegant solution to power it. I think we’ve found something in the LED vein that we’re happy with. Not too far from Medicom’s but a little bit stronger than that.

DMM What about the costuming? In the first film, his costume just hung off of him. The costume had such great attitude.

BB Killer. It’s got some real hang on this one. Where the past Jedi have been a bit voluminous in sense of think fabrics, we’ve been able to find some fabrics that give it the right touches. It hangs sublimely.

DMM How did you deal with the braid?

BB Sculpted. Soft, so it still moves around.

DMM Does it do anything to reopen the door for Qui-Gon?

BB I’d love to. That does bring up another point though. We have this killer Dooku sculpt but we got stuck on the body, just making it the right size proportion because both Dooku and Qui-Gon are significantly taller.

It'd be cool if they put Obi-Wan up for pre-order the week TPM 3D comes out. I remember being so stoked at getting a figure of Ewan McGregor back in 1999. I hope either SS or HT goes back and does ROTS Obi-Wan again. Love that look.

While TPM as a movie has issues, Darth Maul and Obi-Wan are two big highlights for me, I really like Obi-Wan's Padawan look, might be my favorite look for Ewan, though I kind of like them all for various reasons.

They better not stop using the functioning pouches. I hate the molded pouches they put on some of the figures like Momaw Nadon and Ki Adi Mundi

They never bothered me and I never thought any of the other Jedi looked off, they seemed to keep the size of the pouches in scale and they paint and sculpt work on them looked nice.

I can't wait for this figure. This is one I have been waiting for since the line was announced.

I'm very eager too, especially since we've already had a tease of the head sculpt, assuming that's what's approved in the end, it looked great in those raw shots. I've been nervous about this figure because of the hair, I never expected Sideshow to go with the wig look, but even Ewan's natural hair is noticably different, but the sculpt looked like what I consider the best look and what I think the intended look for the film was.

There was this, which is Ewan's hair but quite short, though Hasbro's 12" Obi-Wan had his hair like this, which is odd since the small figures were more like the style I like.

ewan.jpg

This is the look I like most, and it seems like what the figure will be closest to.

stwars_ewanmcgregor_obiwan.jpg

And of course, the wig :lol

obiwan2.jpg

Didn't he also sport a fake beard and mullet in AOTC?

Yup, and it was so bad and different from his real look, Lucas made an official announcement that McGreggor would have his hair and beard intact for the ROTS pickups and no wigs. TPM was bad but the AOTC hair and beard were so bad and the bears looked so fake, plus it looked fuller than Ewan wore his natural beard.

Back