SSC TPM Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Padawan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SSC TPM Obi-Wan Jedi Padawan

I don't care for the prequel trilogy at all, really. But the one thing that really shined there was McGregor's performance. And I never cared for his bearded look. I would consider buying this figure.

Except he called Anakin "another pathetic lifeform" :cuckoo

The best PT Obi Wan was ROTS in my opinion

This is the only prequel character I would ever buy. And if the headsculpt is off a bit, I happen to have one of Sunohc's sitting around.

Oh you mean this one?

DSC01179.jpg

DSC01221.jpg

DSC01230.jpg

DSC01185.jpg

DSC01177.jpg

DSC01178.jpg

DSC01186.jpg

DSC01233.jpg

Sunohc Obi-Wan TPM head sculpt experty painted by the "figuremaster" himself...Les Walker! One of my prized custom figures in my collection! I'll still check out Sideshow's but, "I'm good" if it's not one I'd want to get since I already have this one. :)

Last edited:
^ It's Robert Patrick, as Ewan McGregor, as Obi-Wan Kenobi.
While the outfit is excellent - The likeness is a miss IMHO, with all due respect to the artist.

I found this figure, aside from only young anakin, to be one of the most needless, unstylish versions of a Jedi.
That haircut cannot be justified for any reason - Luke looked like a cool, openminded dude from the 70s.
Even Qui-Gon looked kind a Jedi-masterlike to me with his long hair and that filthy bad dresscode.
Why the heck did they choose a military cut with a swishy rattail for padawans anyway?!

The first "pathetic lifeform" they picked up was Jar Jar. The second was Anakin.

What's the problem? :dunno

OT obi Wan "when i met (Anakin) he was the best star pilot in the galaxy and i was amazed how strong the force was with him"

PT Obi Wan "we've picked up another (Anakin) pathetic lifeform"

The inconsistency is annoying not to mention that one of the best Jedis before his downfall was referred to as a pathetic lifeform.

OT obi Wan "when i met (Anakin) he was the best star pilot in the galaxy and i was amazed how strong the force was with him"

PT Obi Wan "we've picked up another (Anakin) pathetic lifeform"

The inconsistency is annoying not to mention that one of the best Jedis before his downfall was referred to as a pathetic lifeform.

Did it not occur to you that when he said that he hadn't actually met Anakin yet? :dunno

^ Obi 'sensed' he was pathetic then, and even after he met him he was still distant from the boy, definetly not the praise that Alec Guiness ave him upon first meeting.i like Obi in the PT in 2/3 films but his rigidness in the first is a put off.

Obi mentioned that he was rebellious when Yoda first trained him, presumably as a youngling so the characterisations dont match up. For the first film.

Did it not occur to you that when he said that he hadn't actually met Anakin yet? :dunno

Yep. Prior to meeting Anakin Obi-Wan learned that his midichlorian count was higher than Master Yoda's and that he won an incredibly dangerous race to win them some parts. Syncs up pretty well to his OT comments to me.

His joke seemed more along the lines of "please tell me you didn't pick up another Jar Jar."

"No its the Force sensitive pod racer champion."

"Ah, cool."

^ Obi 'sensed' he was pathetic then, and even after he met him he was still distant from the boy, definetly not the praise that Alec Guiness ave him upon first meeting.i like Obi in the PT in 2/3 films but his rigidness in the first is a put off.

Obi mentioned that he was rebellious when Yoda first trained him, presumably as a youngling so the characterisations dont match up. For the first film.

Not sure how that doesn't match up.

When he was a youngling under Yoda's tutelage he was rebellious. By the Phantom Menace he was Quigon's padawan learner and though he was still head strong, he had learned much of the way of living force. By Episode 1 OB1 had matured a bit. There is quite a difference between a description of a 6 year old and a 25 year old (or however old OB1 was during TPM). Maybe not in all cases though. :lol

Per OB1's "pathetic" comment, he was clearly making a joke and not peering into the living force at Anakin Skywalker. I think perhaps you are merely being pedantic for the sake of being pedantic. :cuckoo:

@ khev :duff

No, not just as a youngling.

"Qui Gon's defiance I sense in you." --Yoda to adult Obi-Wan

Yoda saw to the younglings but obviously offered training tips to Jedi of all ages.

late to the party and just saw the sneak peek video. Looks good so far. Hope the sculpt looks really good so I can get two sculpts and resculpt one into an EP3 Obi-wan and update my EP3 Obi-Wan with the new pro body and whatever hands this obi-wan comes with.

Also, not sure if this has been brought up or not, but won't this figure look almost exactly like EP2 Obi-wan expect the Padawan sculpt/hair and new pro body? Clothing and lightsaber are the same, yes? If so, I don't really understand why it's taken so long to get this figure out. Maybe they wanted to keep the clones pouring out until ppl got tired enough

The Ep I is more on the white side. It is also a smoother material not as knit looking as ep2.

SO cannot wait for this. Finally Qui-Gon will have a companion to battle Darth Maul with.

FAIL
What's with the long neck?
WTF SSC?
Nah just kidding.
I'll get him as long as he's priced like Qui-Gon was and not in the
$100 range. Any thing over $60 and it's not worth it.

Why the heck did they choose a military cut with a swishy rattail for padawans anyway?!
Y'know, I'm willing to forgive this kind of talk, but I can't speak for others here. It might be best if you went ahead and apologized now.

The rat tail was one of the most glorious fashion statements of the 80s or any other decade. And I, for one, applaud Mr. Lucas and Ewan for trying their damndest to bring it back.

Back