Premium Format SSC Thor PF and Destroyer Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Captain America isn't all badass either....

Not-another-teen-movie-14.jpeg

:lol:lol:lol
HAWT DANG:horror

Just got this Thor ex from ss but the edition number on the base and on the statue also are not present . Any ideas here what I should do with it ? does it affect value in long term ?

Very nice! I got mine on flexpay right now but I plan on displaying him with his helmet too!

Your display rocks da house. And that Thor figure is HUGE, I had no idea he was that big. Awesome.

Thanks guys I appreciate the nice words.. very glad I purchased Thor.. wasn't a huge fan right off but once I saw him in person it was a done deal... Thor is large .. just a bit thicker than Cap, which makes sense and side by side they look great... bring on Iron Man and the Hulk!

Received my Thor Ex PF today and I'm very happy with him! :yess:

Some quick pics of mine...

023.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

There's on up in 12 hours, eBay, here in the U.K.
Was thinking about bidding on it so checked out this thread.
After hearing all the issues and looking at the close up of his head I'm not going to bother.
Probably need the cash to put towards Hulk Maquette.
Ah well, thanks guys.

For those of you who decide not to order this based on a few photos & negative comments you will regret it for sure down the road. It is an excellent statue, i am very picky when it comes to paint especially the face and am very happy how this one turned out, the likeness is spot on.

I have it displayed with the helmless portrait just like in the movie for my avenger setup, it's more impressive than the cap pf next to it - big and epic when seen in person. And the way they did the cloak and have the removable magnet front armor is very well done to hide all the connections.

This will be the only movie/modern 1/4 thor for a long time and ss is already low on inventory. Everyone will be looking for this a year from now to complete their avenger setup.

You have been warned, just as I did note you guys regarding the black widow ex which is now soldout...

Your "warning" is duly noted although really it's just your opinion, which is all good. However I respectfully disagree with your opinion and offer my own for arguments sake. I sent back my Thor EX, due to paint issues, magnet issues and just a very un-dynamic lack-luster pose. To me this is even further magnified when displayed next to Cap, which I believe to be truly excellent, a big time home run! And if you really want to get picky, you cant really put an Avengers display together with a WWII Cap, that doesn't work. Even Thor's costume was "upgraded for Avengers. So if you're looking for a true representation of the Avengers you should wait for a new Cap and a new Thor, which hopefully will be a more exciting representation of the character.

Your "warning" is duly noted although really it's just your opinion, which is all good. However I respectfully disagree with your opinion and offer my own for arguments sake. I sent back my Thor EX, due to paint issues, magnet issues and just a very un-dynamic lack-luster pose. To me this is even further magnified when displayed next to Cap, which I believe to be truly excellent, a big time home run! And if you really want to get picky, you cant really put an Avengers display together with a WWII Cap, that doesn't work. Even Thor's costume was "upgraded for Avengers. So if you're looking for a true representation of the Avengers you should wait for a new Cap and a new Thor, which hopefully will be a more exciting representation of the character.

i actually like the thor pf better than cap pf.

The costume yeah technically you are right but it doesnt matter to me. The existing statues represent the characters clearly and they are part of the avengers so it's all good. I dont really care if in the movie the costumes are slightly different, capt is capt and thor is thor, especially since thor has an unhelmed head.

good luck waiting for the next version...

Sadly, this pf version doesn't have the wahoo factor when i saw it up close. I dont know if it has something to do with the headsculpt or size.

Head sculpt looks fine, paint looks awful in that picture above.
As I said that along with the reported issues put me right off.
Saved a few quid for upcoming 'must haves'

Bought this and sold it. It lacks the wow factor to me. I prefer the cap pf much better.

I like that Thor and capt. They both look stunning in person. Much better than any pics. They are both very large statues. I'm only not getting them because my collection is growing too fast.

Head sculpt looks fine, paint looks awful in that picture above.
As I said that along with the reported issues put me right off.
Saved a few quid for upcoming 'must haves'

Totally agree. I don't wanna sound like im completely _____ting down on this piece its nice but not sold on it like i was on the destroyer maquette. I'll save my money for hulk and pray for a modern comic thor next year.

Back