SSC The Joker 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And apparently retailers are getting their orderable allotments slashed by 25%. So now they don't need to beg for customers as their stock is more limited and they're now less inclined to give discounts. Take BBTS for example, they'd usually be a few dollars more than the usual 10% retailer discount on pre-orders. Now they charge full MSRP (or more). The demand is the same, but now the quantities are being more limited. Less deals will be had, more crazy prices will ensue upon selling out. A few years from now $190 might seem like a steal for this figure.

C'est la guerre. And housing prices were never coming down...

As long as there are brick and mortar stores, everything is negotiable, as long as there are two parties willing to negotiate.

Check back in ten years and we'll see what this figure is worth. Unlike most of the folks on this board, I'll still be collecting Batman, so look me up.

Will the price be consitent throughout the series? This figure looks pretty good for the price if the quality is upheld upon release, but to be honest I'm more interested in how SS will justify this price tag on characters like Batman and Superman. Theyd have togo crazy with accessories (a difficult thing for Supes) or else $200 for a mass produced 1/6 superhero figure in your standard spandex suit is really pushing it.

Figures may also cost more because they are coming with more. :horror:
(Ex.) V1 joker retailed 175$ ish and u got a stand some hands, cards, knife and a fuggly head sculpt
Joker 2.0 you get a hell of a lot more
Batman dark knight v1 175$ish again and you got a grapple gun, 2 batarangs, little bomb and some hands
Dark knight dx12 once again you get a hell of a lot more so 2 me the price is justified from then till now.

It's interesting that SSC is again putting the Joker out first.. It's a great marketing strategy, since they are selling B to C (Business to Consumer) as well as B to B. This Creates interest in the line, he's colorful, everyone loves a villain, and If you want or have Joker.. your most likely want Batman...:)

Exactly. There isn't a likeness fee or an actor's portrait. This isn't even credited to a specific artist's work.

Pass. Way too much. I anticipated ideally $120-130.

Back in the day I walked into the store and struck up a conversation with the owner. I was dealing with another store and was very upfront about the discount I was getting from that store as well as the volume of product I was buying. I asked him point blank if he could do better, and he gave me a figure. I switched stores that day.

It's a tougher economy now than it was then. If you're a serious collector, retailers should compete for your business.

Remember, all a retailer can do is tell you "no."

Store I use to go I had to deal with getting hit on by the owner (homosexuals don't bother me, but I'm not gay and the advances aren't welcomed), tons of people asking wrestling questions... screw it I'll list them.

1. Owner always hit on me "I can see your muscles through your jacket hmm..."
2. It takes at MINIMUM 45 minutes to check out because he is always chatting- regardless if you have somewhere you have to be. Four separate occasions I had to leave because I had somewhere to be.
3. Unreasonable prices. He gets Omnibus or Absolute editions in that retail, lets say $100, and his price is... $159.99! I go to Amazon.
4. His place is a death trap. Two people can't be in the same place at once. Stuff always gets knocked over and the front door is blocked off. You have to side step to get in and out (to prevent theft he says).
5. If you don't buy at least $50 worth of stuff each week he complains to you. Says you're putting him out of business, he can't eat, etc. My girlfriend got me a subscription for Christmas so clearly I stop picking up that book from him and he tried to lecture me.

So now he gets no business.

Not too happy with the price but if the quality of the finished one matches these pictures then I'm sold. Love that it comes with lots of accessories since I like to change my figures pose at least every two weeks or so. Lots of options with him.

Prices are killing collecting!! Sideshow is not hot toys. Now hot toys will probably raise there prices again! 8)

Will the price be consitent throughout the series? This figure looks pretty good for the price if the quality is upheld upon release, but to be honest I'm more interested in how SS will justify this price tag on characters like Batman and Superman. Theyd have togo crazy with accessories (a difficult thing for Supes) or else $200 for a mass produced 1/6 superhero figure in your standard spandex suit is really pushing it.

I fully expect Batman and Superman to actually be more expensive. Something along the lines of how R&D for their body will cost more.

Prices are killing collecting!! Sideshow is not hot toys. Now hot toys will probably raise there prices again! 8)

Yep, I got out of the 1/6 game a while ago. The ONLY 1/6 figure I am thinking of buying is the new Sideshow Vader... other than that they are just too expensive for what they are.

This will all come down to the quality of the final product. If the QC is top notch than it will be a win. If not, than SS has no business charging this price. And where the Heck is Batman? It better not be too far around the corner. Why order this if their Batman sucks?

This will all come down to the quality of the final product. If the QC is top notch than it will be a win. If not, than SS has no business charging this price. And where the Heck is Batman? It better not be too far around the corner. Why order this if their Batman sucks?

yeah,if they FAIL with the quality of this piece...the DC line is not going to get very far

yeah ~ i am waiting on their batman. i won't have one without the other.

I'd love to collect this line, but I'm really nervous about this price point. These things had better be STACKED, each and every one, to command nearly $200 each!
If Penguin only comes with his umbrella, I'll be very irritated.

Back