SSC The Joker 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, figure is almost perfect. Only nitpick is he has rubber knees so those can be hard to pose.

17126114_264701377275542_7246769087269830656_n.jpg

I replaced body with tall coomodel narrow shoulder build. I painted pegs and gave him tall ankle pegs. He ended up perfect height

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This line always had potential; it was just the bodies that let it down. I would go for the taller body; Joker is taller than Batman anyway so why not?

Sideshow’s downfall in 1/6 scale has always been their bodies. I just picked up many of the old GI Joe figures and they are all fantastic except for their bodies. Not one have I kept. Floppy hip and waist/ab joints, gummy ratchet knee joints and the weird gap at the front and back of the hip on the *newer* prometheus body. Switching them to current gen bodies really makes these things shine. I switched my old V1 Batman to a customized HT Darth Vader body and Superman will be on a WorldBox AT027 body.

I really think SS should just use TBLeague bodies for both male and female figures instead of only working with them for female characters.

This line always had potential; it was just the bodies that let it down. I would go for the taller body; Joker is taller than Batman anyway so why not?

Yeah, I guess you are right. This line has huge potential with the right bodies! IMO, best comic harley, joker and catwoman to date.

Batman is ok, needs a phicen body and working on a custom head so stay tuned! Resin printed hush style.. painting the face will be the hardest imo. Also need to repaint the eyes on Catwoman.

Yeah, I guess you are right. This line has huge potential with the right bodies! IMO, best comic harley, joker and catwoman to date.

Batman is ok, needs a phicen body and working on a custom head so stay tuned! Resin printed hush style.. painting the face will be the hardest imo. Also need to repaint the eyes on Catwoman.

I don't remember how tall the SS Joker is, but you might want to be careful with that 27cm body. It's quite tall and most of the clothes out in 1/6 tend to not fit that body well. Just a heads up.

I don't remember how tall the SS Joker is, but you might want to be careful with that 27cm body. It's quite tall and most of the clothes out in 1/6 tend to not fit that body well. Just a heads up.

Thanks Jack, I didn't order it yet. Might just end up going with the normal one then

Yeah the sculpts, paints, accessories and even tailoring on these are on point, but my God the bodies are awful, especially on the original joker.

Got this guy on the way... All the reviews I have watched have mentioned the knees are "odd", but they don't really explain how.

Should I be extra careful when bending the knees? Is it more of a breakage issue or just hindered?

Thanks!
Sallah

Got this guy on the way... All the reviews I have watched have mentioned the knees are "odd", but they don't really explain how.

Should I be extra careful when bending the knees? Is it more of a breakage issue or just hindered?

Thanks!
Sallah

The problems with the knees are they are supposed to be ratchets; however the plastic they used is so soft that the knees have a very hard time actually bending. That?s why you might have heard the term ?gummy knees? or at least that?s what we called them back when this figure (and others that used the same body) was released. You?ll probably cause stress marks on the knees when you try to bend them. Depending on how it was assembled, you might be able to bend at the top of the knee or below the knee, but very unlikely you?ll get both articulation points to bend. Your best option might be to convert this to a narrow shoulder body. When I had this, I put him on a slim HT body but a narrow shoulder might work.

having had the original and sold it, then getting this new one, I actually prefer the new one. After modding it a bit like retailoring the shirt so the collar doesn't ride up which covered up the neck, repainting the hair with variations of green and fixing the the stiff wrist joints, I like it much better than than the original. Only thing I miss are the laughing fish.

I never bothered with a body swap for the original, as I never really pose it with the knees any more than slightly bent anyway....
But I just love the look... in my opinion, best 1/6 Joker ever made.

OI000011_(2)[1].jpg

I've tried 4 times to upload this pic. This site is the WORST for uploading pictures. Don't know why it insists on randomly rotating some of them...

Back