SSC The Joker 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1) Prices were a LOT less back then on some of those

Back then? 2008/09 was not so long ago that prices have more than doubled due to rising production costs. This is greed, pure and simple.

2) You paid below MSRP for many of those, so do the same here :pfft:

Deals are few and far between anymore. Too many suckers (myself included,) willing to pay confiscatory prices for their dollies.

I pre-ordered the ex. Nothing like paying $200 for a figure that should cost $100. If SS had brought these in at $125 or less, I would be in for the entire line, not just the Bat-pieces. At $200, I'm getting Batman and Joker and calling it a day.

Ultimately their greed will cost them.

I agree; if these had come in at $125-150, I'd probably buy every release. At nearly $200, I'll be very selective. Maybe Supes and Bats, if they turn out spectacular. While their 1/6 releases have improved, Sideshow isn't Hot Toys, and their figures don't warrant a HT price tag.

I agree; if these had come in at $125-150, I'd probably buy every release. At nearly $200, I'll be very selective. Maybe Supes and Bats, if they turn out spectacular. While their 1/6 releases have improved, Sideshow isn't Hot Toys, and their figures don't warrant a HT price tag.

Hell, HT doesn't warrant a HT price tag.:lol Glad to see not everyone has downed the Kool-Aid.

Last edited:
Back then? 2008/09 was not so long ago that prices have more than doubled due to rising production costs. This is greed, pure and simple.

Deals are few and far between anymore. Too many suckers (myself included,) willing to pay confiscatory prices for their dollies.

Mace and Qui Gon were like $50 to begin with. You're acting like they were $100+ to begin with. Prices have gone up since then, whether we like it or not.

Looks great, but I've never had a Sideshow figure that felt like it was worth $190. I would love to have high end, comic style figures. But at this price I'll probably go for HT Arkham City Joker over this one.

I went ahead and pre-ordered. I didn't expect to and the price is utterly ridiculous, but the pictures do look good, August is a long way away, and there's no penalty for canceling.

At $200 per figure, I will be buying VERY FEW characters from it. I won't grab Superman, my Chris Reeves version is all I'll ever need, and why would I buy a sub-par Batman when I have all these amazing HT Batmen? SS needed to go a lot lower with the prices for me to consider getting deep into this line....

:exactly: None of those prices he listed were actual RETAIL prices. those are all after market, and probably used.

Sorry to diappoint, but all were MIB. I don't buy used unless it's a vintage piece in excellent condition.

I don't feel entitled to anything. If I can't find something for what I consider a fair price, I may exercise the option of not buying it.

Also, you are misinformed regarding HT TDK product. All were available through DC Direct/ Diamond with the exception of the Original Suit version. All were purchased at discount from my LCS.

This Joker is a beautiful figure and I'm adding it to my collection, regardless the fact that I think its overpriced. Let's move on...

Last edited:
You mis interpreted my point about TDK stuff because if a LCS sold them they wouldn't be $50 below retail. All your prices u listed were below retail.there is no way u paid $50 below retail through DC direct or LCS when they first came out. My early HTs I had to buy from Toys2 or Japan stores. All were at retail costs + shipping. of course some figures after they are out for a while and a lot of stock is left u can get them cheaper on eBay or some local stores. I know two face in the beginning wasn't that sought after. So I got mine cheap a few years after the release for like 110. But his retail was 169.

Also u got original suit TDK edition for under $100??? at a LCS? That was always hard to get, idk, hard time believing it....

First off, I don't want to argue with you. I'm telling you the truth - that's what I paid. My LCS, who I've been dealing with for over 20 years, gives me a huge discount. I just got the EB Batman and Joker from him for $290 each. In some cases, he gives me almost 50% off new items. He has rewarded me for being a loyal customer who buys a significant amount of product each month. The other stuff I pounced on good deals through Amazon, eBay, and others. There were serious deals to be had before everyone got greedy.

Just to add to what I said earlier, I got the Medi TDK Batman from Amazon for $110, and the Joker and Bruce Wayne figures for under $100. That was before everybody started driving prices to insane levels.

Last edited:
Back in the day I walked into the store and struck up a conversation with the owner. I was dealing with another store and was very upfront about the discount I was getting from that store as well as the volume of product I was buying. I asked him point blank if he could do better, and he gave me a figure. I switched stores that day.

It's a tougher economy now than it was then. If you're a serious collector, retailers should compete for your business.

Remember, all a retailer can do is tell you "no."

Back