SSC The Joker 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not as bad as Liefeld's Captain Amanbewbs:
cap.jpeg

oh jeez, don't even start on liefeld. blarph.....

between this and the arkham version, i would pick this one ~ it's just a classier joker and, like Gipetto0812 says, it's based on the original source without depending on any particular specific actor/artist/association.

I'm a huge Arkham fan, so, anything from that line is a must. I might just cancel Catwoman(TDKR) for this guy, but that depends on if there is some sort of armor included with the TDKR armory. I would love it if they went the Tony Stark route and included the empty suit, the armory, and all of the accessories that go into the armory with a Bruce Wayne figure, but I don't know about that. Regardless of all that, this guy is now on the plate.

i don't play video games so the arkham version just sorta leaves me cold. though i have to say i loved the endgame comic that went along with it.

i don't play video games so the arkham version just sorta leaves me cold. though i have to say i loved the endgame comic that went along with it.

If ever you decide to start, you could not pick a better title than Arkham Asylum (I say that because you really should play it before Arkham City). They're both fantastic, though. They're not only the two best Batman games and two of the best comic book games, but they're two of the best video games I've ever played.

I agree; if these had come in at $125-150, I'd probably buy every release. At nearly $200, I'll be very selective. Maybe Supes and Bats, if they turn out spectacular. While their 1/6 releases have improved, Sideshow isn't Hot Toys, and their figures don't warrant a HT price tag.

Hell, HT doesn't warrant a HT price tag.:lol Glad to see not everyone has downed the Kool-Aid.

I agree. Can't justify $200 for a mass produced 12 inch figure.

He does look cool though so kudos to those who get him.

If ever you decide to start, you could not pick a better title than Arkham Asylum (I say that because you really should play it before Arkham City). They're both fantastic, though. They're not only the two best Batman games and two of the best comic book games, but they're two of the best video games I've ever played.

Agreed. I was blown away by the Arkham games, can't wait to see what comes next from them. I prefer City but Asylum was a damn good one too. Still waiting on that Hot Toys Arkham Batman.

Since I've never purchased SS stuff, what is the articulation like inn comparison to HT?

:exactly:Yes thats what I like about these DC Sideshow figures, they are influenced by the comic books using their own creativity, bringing something new. i think they deserve a lot of credit for their creativity. Granted Ill probably get Arkham Batman too, even though i've never played the game :lol. But i've always loved the designs of the characters from Arkham, especially Harley Quinn :).

Price wise, SSC Joker will be the expensive one, I'm guessing some of the others won't be as expensive like HarleyQ or Catwoman. Joker just comes with a lot of stuff and two head sculpts. If figures only have 1 HS they should be cheaper.

Pretty sure all of the figures are coming with 2 sculpts. Supes heat vision, alternate Batman mask, no make up Harley, etc. based on the video teaser.

It's comparable. HT helped SSC design their buck. A lot of people still prefer to replace the body anyway.

One of the most common mistakes on here. HT did NOT help the design the Prometheus body. That was all Sideshow. HT only helped design the armored body (clones, stormtroopers). They were introduced at the same time, so many people wrongly assumed HT helped design them all, but they didn't.

One of the most common mistakes on here. HT did NOT help the design the Prometheus body. That was all Sideshow. HT only helped design the armored body (clones, stormtroopers). They were introduced at the same time, so many people wrongly assumed HT helped design them all, but they didn't.

While HT had no hand in the Pro, Sideshow did copy the Volks body for it.

The pro is the body that was used for their boba fett figures right? I just find the body's articulations awkard. Thats why you see most people swap the body with the HT TT slim, which really improves the figure by a lot, IMO.

Pretty sure all of the figures are coming with 2 sculpts. Supes heat vision, alternate Batman mask, no make up Harley, etc. based on the video teaser.
Don't remember Superman being in the video, just Bats, Joker, Harley and Catwoman. The Superman PF concept art was in the DC announcement video and that is said to have the heat vision alternative sculpt. The 1/6 could have a heat vision sculpt but I don't remember seeing it besides for the PF. I'm hoping for Clark Kent stuff to be honest
The pro is the body that was used for their boba fett figures right? I just find the body's articulations awkard. Thats why you see most people swap the body with the HT TT slim, which really improves the figure by a lot, IMO.
Must be a Boba Fett thing b/c I never had an issue with the Pro either :dunno

Last edited:
Back