SSC The Flash 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Warner Bro's is very finicky, dot the i's cross the t's kinda people real **** types. Im sure it has to do with money and finite details when it comes to details. Like they say "the devil is in the details"

Warner might wait until Green lantern turns a profit before green lighting any other figures. or they could be leaning on Sideshow to make the tv figure version which will totally suck azz. But warner may think it's a good plan and if sideshow doesnt do it they will throw a tantrum and no more dc stuff. Rich execs are such children.

From M. Crawford's SDCC Coverage posted::
sdcc2014_sideshow_120.jpg

The sculpt is very good, but overall, the figure looks weird. This figure is a hybrid of the comic book Flash and what a real world Flash would look like. The Flash logo is very cartoony, but the rest of the outfit has a real world feel and texture. He has the gold decorations, but the boots look like custom sneakers and very "realistic." It doesn't know what to be, a comic character, or a real world/ live action film character. The other figures in the DC line don't have that issue, but maybe it's just me. They should get rid of the suit's texture and make the boots less complex.

I told the lead costumer this, so maybe that is why he is off right now. but he did wear sneaker boots. I liked the design just didn't like the cheep top stitching on front.So smooth would be better. I showed this to people who were comic fans and not collectors and they felt the texture would cause resistance in high running. So yet another reason suit should not have a texture.

The Flash generates too much force for "texture resistance" to matter :lol

Still wearing long johns is a terrible idea and it makes flash look cheep, as cheep as DCD bargain spandex suit for there 13" figure. A high end jersey or Miliskin would look 10x's better. even a matte 4 way stretch vinyl would still look better than this suit and would blend with hands and head.

Granted that's something only Medicom does is use vinyl on every super hero. I know some people like the thermal underwear for flash but I'm thinking this texture suit will hurt sales for the 1000 other figures that will sit not sold.

When it's said and done it's the matter of marketing and thermal costume in this color on that particular figure will drop in sales, possible having the same reaction to the masses as the green lantern movie.

It only took me looking at the preview of that movie to know it was a flop. just like looking at the proto of this. If sideshow moved forward on this as is it would be an epic flop possibly causing Warner Bro's ent. to pull the plug on further 1/6 scale DC figures. Dc may have the rights to these on paper as far as comics but Warner owns Dc Hence the WB logo on dc products outside of comic books.

Last edited:
Strangely. I think I'd still buy a Reynolds Green Lantern (an HT version anyway). Even though the movie may have been a flop. Most wanted figure from that movie might be Kilowog though.

As for this Flash figure, I can't speak on sales, but I do know that I like what I see, & even if they decided to get rid of the texture on the suit, I think I'd still like it. I'm excited for this, & the Play Imaginative Flash figure, for their own reasons. The SSC one for it's seamless look, & the Play Imaginative one for it's light up feature. Although proportions on that one can look wonky when posed. Also, I don't even know if it's going to be released. Haven't read much about updates on that one in a bit.

The sculpt is very good, but overall, the figure looks weird. This figure is a hybrid of the comic book Flash and what a real world Flash would look like. The Flash logo is very cartoony, but the rest of the outfit has a real world feel and texture. He has the gold decorations, but the boots look like custom sneakers and very "realistic." It doesn't know what to be, a comic character, or a real world/ live action film character. The other figures in the DC line don't have that issue, but maybe it's just me. They should get rid of the suit's texture and make the boots less complex.

I think they all have that going on... except Joker.

Sideshow i feel is attempting to make the figures like the leap off the page and came 3d and in real life color. the problem is you have people who only watched movies and TV shows having no clue of the essence of the character who want a character that reflects this which is why there is hundreds of pages around MOS and dark knight series, because these people loves so many variations of the same thing.

Where as comic book fans get nothing but statues and DCD 13" disasters basically the raw end of the stick, jipped as if we have to suffer because movie watchers like lame adaptations. if batman leaped off the page he would whoop bales Azz. let alone that flimsy actor who played superman, sups is built like a body builder that guy would be pummeled to dust.

there is like 6 maybe 7 people on here who want flash wearing thermal underwear because they want him to look realistic as possible, Because there unaware there is better kinds of spandex out there that could make him look cool. So if flash gets released looking like this I will need to remake the suit, coat head in resin/model paste to remove texture and re cast head and make another boot topper. basically create him from scratch.

As flash sits even with textured head and hands sideshow will have these as giveaways until 2020. because only the 7 people will buy him because economically paying to remake him would cost almost double. I might see if sideshow will sell me the proto head if they do this travesty. Most people will wait until toy anxiety will part him out and hire tony make the suit. so thats 30 for head and 70 for suit. not counting boots etc.

the dcd flash was terrible, terrible sculpt, the cheapest spandex money could buy and it wasn't a deep enough red. and this was a company responsible for creating the figure. you guys have no idea how a comic book fan feels when there fave company lets them down with that crap. DC comics was just looking to make a profit and wanted as many suckers out there to buy them. this is sideshows way to set things right hopefully

The flash i remember prior to new 52 when Barry had a classic outfit. this body suit was sleek close fitted and he looked sharp. to people who have serious ADD issues would think he looks boring and needs alot going on. that's because you need those illusions to keep you entertained eventually you'll bore of that when it sets in and not look twice at him.

Last edited:
The major critical error Sideshow made is they are making their own interpretations of these characters. Can you imagine what it would be like if they made a specific version like what Medicom are trying and failing to do but with their techniques and resources? A Tim Sale Bat? Jim Lee? NEAL ADAMS? If they just studied reference and nailed the look off the page, we'd be sorted.

Sideshow i feel is attempting to make the figures like the leap off the page and came 3d and in real life color. the problem is you have people who only watched movies and TV shows having no clue of the essence of the character who want a character that reflects this which is why there is hundreds of pages around MOS and dark knight series, because these people loves so many variations of the same thing.

Where as comic book fans get nothing but statues and DCD 13" disasters basically the raw end of the stick, jipped as if we have to suffer because movie watchers like lame adaptations. if batman leaped off the page he would whoop bales Azz. let alone that flimsy actor who played superman, sups is built like a body builder that guy would be pummeled to dust.

there is like 6 maybe 7 people on here who want flash wearing thermal underwear because they want him to look realistic as possible, Because there unaware there is better kinds of spandex out there that could make him look cool. So if flash gets released looking like this I will need to remake the suit, coat head in resin/model paste to remove texture and re cast head and make another boot topper. basically create him from scratch.

As flash sits even with textured head and hands sideshow will have these as giveaways until 2020. because only the 7 people will buy him because economically paying to remake him would cost almost double. I might see if sideshow will sell me the proto head if they do this travesty. Most people will wait until toy anxiety will part him out and hire tony make the suit. so thats 30 for head and 70 for suit. not counting boots etc.

the dcd flash was terrible, terrible sculpt, the cheapest spandex money could buy and it wasn't a deep enough red. and this was a company responsible for creating the figure. you guys have no idea how a comic book fan feels when there fave company lets them down with that crap. DC comics was just looking to make a profit and wanted as many suckers out there to buy them. this is sideshows way to set things right hopefully

The flash i remember prior to new 52 when Barry had a classic outfit. this body suit was sleek close fitted and he looked sharp. to people who have serious ADD issues would think he looks boring and needs alot going on. that's because you need those illusions to keep you entertained eventually you'll bore of that when it sets in and not look twice at him.

dr-steve-brule-o.gif

The major critical error Sideshow made is they are making their own interpretations of these characters. Can you imagine what it would be like if they made a specific version like what Medicom are trying and failing to do but with their techniques and resources? A Tim Sale Bat? Jim Lee? NEAL ADAMS? If they just studied reference and nailed the look off the page, we'd be sorted.

Exactly which is my point but with less words

I just want this.If Sideshow can do this with appropriate fabric id be happy.
The_Flash_Barry_Allen-7.jpg

Flash_Barry_Allen_JLH_Flash_Justice_League_Heroes_001.jpg

Se how the suit is smooth like liquid and the yellow gold parts that is a spot on Barry Allen.
and statues and figures seem to look slightly shiny. there is a metallic foil spandex that is butter smooth and lays on the body like liquid. this could be used very easy since people think matte spandex would look boring. don't confuse this with metallic fabrics because everyone is different the foil spandex wont flake off or look jacked up. it just cost about 15 bucks a yard but less for manufacturers it's probably about 5.00 a yard by buying the bolt.

ARTFX-Plus-The-Flash-New-52-Kotobukiya-001.jpg
Flash1.jpg

Now a matte jersey ITY or milliskin could make Barry look like this without the articulation parts showing of course.

DCUCwv7FlashLoose.jpg

Now some people who liked the old tv series like this version but this was a rubber suit which they used Flecking (they use this for old ken hair which rubs off super easy). it looks good on screen but each take needed more flecking applied. and velvet is bulky and looks odd
1582791000.jpg

A stretch microfiber could look like this not sure haven't seen the fabric in a few years

Now this suit what might be hurting it besides the fabric choice could be all the lines, you can make a jumpsuit with less seams. Like I said there Is alot going on. You have this thermal texture fabric and all these seams. this needs to be scaled back alot.
sdcc2014_sideshow_120.jpg

Last edited:
You laugh now but you wont be laughing when you get what you ask for and are disappointed by the in hand figure. After which I don't want to hear any complaints because ill simply remind you that you asked for the figure as it is. So Im not protesting anymore. I hope Sideshow releases this figure as it stands, since people are telling me im wrong on this and thermal suit is what is needed. I will simply sit back and watch the debacle unwind. I suggest others do the same that way we let them get there wish so they can eat crow

I'll simply just buy the head and dremmel out the texture or layer cover it for recast. and build my own.

Last edited:
That suit is pajamas. That facial expression is terrible. Hopefully we'll see some changes or more pictures. I hope there is more that just that head sculpt.

Can someone show these guys on Photoshop how he will look with same texture on head and hands. Maybe if they see him as sideshow initially wanted him maybe they can see why a lot of us say it's crap. They really need to see the whole picture.

And tighten suit so they can't say well it's because it's baggy. No these guys need to see how bad he will really look with that texture all over minus boots and lighting stuff.

I agree it does look like thermal pj's all he is missing is the footies and flap.

Back