SSC Spider-Man LSB

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is nothing that's going to stop me from having this in my collection.

What if the factory in China is destroyed by green killer rats, the continent sinks, the world implodes and production is terminated on the piece?

This is MUCH better than the 1:1 bust. I just may have to snag this one...

I think his eyes are too big. I would prefer smaller eyes like those he was drawn with in the 1960-80's. I'm bummed.

BB

If there's no surface raise from the black outline to the white eyes I suppose I could thicken the black line. It's way too thin.

I need a classic Spidey lsb to go with my Thor, Cap, and DD so I may have to just compromise.

BB

I wish they never showed us the other version, but I will still get this one because I have been waiting awhile for it.

Sideshows quality has been on the decline for the most part due to their corner cutting IMO, says the longtime collector..

The days of quality packing foam, exemplary paint jobs, excitingly low edtion sizes along with solid sturdy pieces only occupy a place in my memory these days..

So this is what it sounds like when doves cry...

Sideshows quality has been on the decline for the most part due to their corner cutting IMO, says the longtime collector..

The days of quality packing foam, exemplary paint jobs, excitingly low edtion sizes along with solid sturdy pieces only occupy a place in my memory these days..

That, good sir, was me passing gas...

What if this one turns out awesome. Wouldn't you look stupid? :D

I think his eyes are too big. I would prefer smaller eyes like those he was drawn with in the 1960-80's. I'm bummed.

BB

If there's no surface raise from the black outline to the white eyes I suppose I could thicken the black line. It's way too thin.

I need a classic Spidey lsb to go with my Thor, Cap, and DD so I may have to just compromise.

BB

It's a good thing you arent overly critical! :lol

It's a good thing you arent overly critical! :lol

BB will never be happy with any modern day spiderman representation. You can't say this version is McFarlane-esque, which BB hates, yet he still complains about this version too.

Maybe a spiderman without ANY eyes is what he wants.

I put my money on hollow.. hope I'm wrong.. I see hollow and the changing of the raised lines as cost cutting moves..

pick up a Hulk or a Doom lsb, thats how they should be for the $ paid.. If they were all like that I'd buy em all..

Totally....

What about how cheap the actual shipping boxes have become - flimsy material (bordering on pathetic) and easily penetrable...
Around 90% (and I am not exaggerating here...) of the items I receive nowadays from SS have serious gouges/rips in the cheap shipping boxes that allow dents or holes/rips in the packaging inside. Doesn't matter if it's a 12", PF, or 1:1 bust. :(

The repetition of this happening, especially knowing what I spend with SS, leaves me with a negative feeling. It really gets agitating when you spend $500 for a bust. Even worse when it's $800. You can't invest in an a better box for such an expensive item? Fine - pass the expense onto me, just go back to the boxes you were using just even 7-8 months ago. After all, these are "museum quality" pieces, please pack and ship them as such.

Back