SSC Spider-Man LSB

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dig it, this might even be my first MAHVUL piece. Looks a little bit like a Romita Jr. design. Let's hope this don't flake...

I orderd the EX last night. Its going to look class next to the Back in black version, esp since the nameplates are very similar.

i decided to pass on it. i don't have any busts and as nice as this one looks...i kind of like the other spidey bust better.

I agree with the board member that wanted more of a Ditko'esque Spidey bust. This is like a Romita Jr design, which isn't bad, but c'mon Ditko is the king when it comes to Spidey. I ordered it anyway to accompany the Black Cat.

BTW has anyone received an answer to why Sideshow teased us with a "better" looking bust, then swapped it out for a very plain looking one?

Scribed webbing = comic book version
Raised webbing = movie version

That was my thought at first too. But I'm not sure that's quite right. In the comics, I always got the impression that the lines were drawn on to the material of the costume. So the lines would not be scribed or raised.

This might be my first LSB, I preordered it....it's just so well done, and such a instant classic...plus I love the style of spidey, very Romita Jr. I see a lot of people saying ditko this and that...Romita Jr is the guy I think of when I think Spidey. I just love his styling of things.

Well this just took the place of the back in black Spidy. I've really been trying to stay out of this line but I think I already have 4 in my collection.:lol

Well this just took the place of the back in black Spidy. I've really been trying to stay out of this line but I think I already have 4 in my collection.:lol

yeah it's kinda risky for ssc to be announcing this one before the BIB one has even shipped. they should know that there's going to be a lot of cancellations of the BIB in favor of this version.
then again ssc should be use to the shelves full of the lsb line.:monkey1

I'm not so sure, the Black costume has a lot of fans as well. Plus I think back to back they would display quite nicely.

Maybe side by side. They are both looking in the same direction so if they were back to back you wouldent see ones face.

I feel at some point in time these LSB's are going to become pretty popular. Just let them keep producing them and the people will collect them.

Well I am fast becoming a fan of these LSB's. At first I didnt like them as much as full body statues but after seeing some peoples collections I changed my mind. I have 2 on order and may get a few more depending on what comes out next.

There's a significant difference in the lines, folks. I'm kinda concerned now. o_O

BeforeAfter.jpg

we'll probably see the raised version during the Diane K fund raising event.

Back