SSC Spider-Man LSB

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope they release the one with the raised lines or both. I was psyched when I first saw it, but now seeing the new one... I might actually pass. :(

Several comments about the raised vs carved lines are posted on the product page. Good. Hopefully SS will change it.

I'm actually planning to call Sideshow and ask what the heck is going on with the change. As a die-hard Spidey fan, I cannot let this injustice occur.

The funny part is that I doubt people would be quite so upset about the carved lines had Sideshow not slipped up and put the better looking raised line statue up for a sneak peek first!

I mean, honestly, the carved lines look decent, but the raised line version just looked sooooo much better. Just makes you wonder why they would have promo pics for both....In other words, the raised line version must have been the original concept. Possibly an issue with mass production of the raised line peice?

Maybe China had problems getting thier lead/mercury paint sticking to the raised ridges? :huh

I too was psyched to see the first "sneak peek"....I revisited the SSC website today and thought I was hallucinating when to my dismay the scribed Spidey head popped-up. IF it is the scribed version...I'll have to pass also. The raised webbing version looked so much better.

raised verses carved... Are you really going to notice it when its on display?

definetely...........the 1:1 bust has carved lines and I have had one of the pfs with raised lines............needless to say, I was far from impressed with the bust

definetely...........the 1:1 bust has carved lines and I have had one of the pfs with raised lines............needless to say, I was far from impressed with the bust

Never a truer word spoken.

Well, I thought SS was actually going to listen to the comments, because there were 4-5+ comments about the raised vs. carved lines, including my own, which surprised me that it made it on there at all. Not anymore. All edited out now <...poof...>

It's like the raised line version never existed. Doesn't look ike anything will change now.

possibly, and leaning to more likely not ordering it, just because of the lines. How silly is that?

Thats how I feel, its a quality thing for me. If I didnt hate the 1:1 bust as much as I do, I might feel differently.

The SS 1:1 Spidey Bust isn't bad at all. While it would've been better with the raised lines (would've gave a more lifelike appearance than what was given), it's still a decent bust in it's own right.

The SS 1:1 Spidey Bust isn't bad at all. While it would've been better with the raised lines (would've gave a more lifelike appearance than what was given), it's still a decent bust in it's own right.

Agreed. It definitely could use some improvements, but I'm definitely satisfied with it. I won't be parting with that one.

I bet any money it has to do with pain application. Its a heck of a lot easier to paint grooves then it is to paint raised lines. Still LAME SIDESHOW! Don't show us the good version and then slap us in the face by pretending it never existed. :banghead

Back