1/6 SSC ROTJ Luke Skywalker Deluxe Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SSC Luke Skywalker Deluxe Sixth Scale Figure

With how great their Snowspeeder Luke turned out I was kind of hoping that they would try to tackle his Hoth Commander look again.

Sideshow could make a killing if they popped out background characters and aliens, yet they decide to compete with Hot Toys. Setting themselves up for failure?

Pretty bizarre and out of the norm for a Sideshow release. I kind of like that they didn’t do their normal teaser for a pre-order and put it up a week later for an insane price bs. Honestly I’m half tempted for some spare parts and the Endor gear but with the Hot Toys figure coming soon and probably their own Endor Luke and Leia soon I’ll wait. The price actually feels reasonable for once though considering it’s a loaded package.

yeah, it makes no sense. Why buy Sideshow when Hot toys will always be better. And then there is worrying about the actual product matching the prototype. It's a hit and miss with Sideshow

It's actually hilarious that they are going up against HT with this, especially since the HT version is cheaper.

I don't see a problem with it.

We had 3 companies producing 1/6 Batman Begins figures at the same time.

The competition is fine and encouraged. It's just strange considering the business relationship between the two companies. It also is a crazy low price for a sideshow Luke figure based on recent history. Makes this even more curious.

Personally I would like sideshow to do creeps from the cantina and jabba's palace.

Sideshow could make a killing if they popped out background characters and aliens, yet they decide to compete with Hot Toys. Setting themselves up for failure?
Yeah I don’t get it either. Putting this up a few months after Hot Toys announced theirs seems like odd timing. Why not re-release Greedo or Hammerhead or put out something new like Walrus Man?

There is something strange afoot at the circle k........:dunno

Interesting. Will probably stick with HT, although I dig the Endor gear.

Hope this does not mean that this is cancelled... Hot Toys>Sideshow
53c31022d60ebe53e262c72aa59106db.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I like the head sculpt better... I hope it will fit the HT.

I got excited thinking it was the HT Endor release- then I read further. Nothing to see here- move along....

I do like the look of the sculpt, especially in the helmet. With the hair it looks a bit odd... but Sideshow hair tends to be a bit weird shaped especially when it's removable.

I'm not opposed to having two Jedi figures, and I do like how the poncho and helmet look on this figure compared to the grimacing HT figure. So if it's down to needing an Endor version I might just go with Sideshow :lol

Pretty amazing, right?

In that time, you could have gone through high school, college, and gotten your Masters, and after that still had time to have a child of 4.

Lol

That is coo-coo bananas... I clearly remember ordering on the first day a few hours after he went on sale and then feeling fortunate as the exclusive sold out later the same day. Then the following releases would sell out in 20 minutes and catch servers on fire :lol

He has kind of a monkey face. Its only missing the monkey arms the 2006 version had.

I do like the look of the sculpt, especially in the helmet. With the hair it looks a bit odd... but Sideshow hair tends to be a bit weird shaped especially when it's removable.

I'm not opposed to having two Jedi figures, and I do like how the poncho and helmet look on this figure compared to the grimacing HT figure. So if it's down to needing an Endor version I might just go with Sideshow :lol

Lol

That is coo-coo bananas... I clearly remember ordering on the first day a few hours after he went on sale and then feeling fortunate as the exclusive sold out later the same day. Then the following releases would sell out in 20 minutes and catch servers on fire :lol

Good times...

:duff

:lol Yeah, and I think I thought $50 back then was expensive too!!! Who would've thought we'd be spending nearly 5x that today... :slap

Lol I totally ordered the **** out of this on BBTS without paying any attention to the fact it was SS. Didn't even look at the pics, just ordered off the email they sent me, given how quickly the original HT one sold out there.

Fastest cancellation I've ever made.

Back