1/6 SSC ROTJ Luke Skywalker Deluxe Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SSC Luke Skywalker Deluxe Sixth Scale Figure

Well this could end up good for us if HT takes it as a direct competition. Maybe they will take more care with their release and decide to include the Endor gear...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually hasn’t Sideshow done something similar to this before? I think around the time of the first Hot Toys Vader they re-released their deluxe figure. Also I believe they put out a re-release of their Boba Fett around the same time as the first Hot Toys offering.

Yeah umm no thanks Sideshow... but I do hope hot toys throws in an Endor head sculpt and poncho

JL1.jpg

JL2.jpg

JL3.jpg

JL4.jpg

JL5.jpg

Of course SS has to up HT while providing a Endor gear option included :slap

Sideshow's isn't horrible, but you're trading overall quality for a poncho and hat going with Sideshow over HT, plus as some have said, HT you're pretty sure the end product will be close to what you're shown up front.

It's time for HT to take out from the box their original Snowtrooper Commander. Please.

I'm glad hot toys did 2 separate lukes. I want both endor and jedi luke posed and I need another with sail barge hair. there will be no alternating. I like the endor face from hot toys. sideshows in endor gear looks like hes tired. anyways, interesting sideshow.

The Endor helmet is not listed as included in the set -

"...
Costumes:

Black Jedi Outfit, including long sleeve shirt and pants
Black “Leather-like” Belt with pouch and saber hook
Gray Tunic and Sash as worn in Jabba the Hutt’s Palace
Brown Jedi Cloak
Camouflage Poncho and Belt as worn on the forest moon of Endor
One (1) Pair of Articulated Black Boots
Weapons:

One (1) Lightsaber with removable blade
One (1) DL-18 Blaster Pistol
..."

The Endor helmet is not listed as included in the set -

"...
Costumes:

Black Jedi Outfit, including long sleeve shirt and pants
Black “Leather-like” Belt with pouch and saber hook
Gray Tunic and Sash as worn in Jabba the Hutt’s Palace
Brown Jedi Cloak
Camouflage Poncho and Belt as worn on the forest moon of Endor
One (1) Pair of Articulated Black Boots
Weapons:

One (1) Lightsaber with removable blade
One (1) DL-18 Blaster Pistol
..."

Its molded to his head, so there are 2 different head sculpts with SS version. It is listed.

Detailed likeness of Luke Skywalker, as seen in Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi

Detailed likeness of Luke Skywalker wearing Endor Commando Helmet (non-removable)

I think I will buy the one the has light brown hair......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They both look good in their own way. I'll look forward to detailed comparison pics. I already have the HT preordered. The only thing I can say from those side by side comparison pics is the SS lightsaber actually looks a little more accurate..

The production version.

There is something strange afoot at the circle k........:dunno

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

I have to say that I don't think the headsculpt is that bad, but do prefer the HT. I think the price is cheaper just because they expect to sell a lot more of these; just how HT's Luke is "reasonably priced" given what he comes with.

Thanks for the comparison pics maulfan!

Sideshow's isn't horrible, but you're trading overall quality for a poncho and hat going with Sideshow over HT, plus as some have said, HT you're pretty sure the end product will be close to what you're shown up front.

Look at the stitching on the SS sleeves... look at that 2006 belt and buckle with the SS poncho...

This couldn't possibly appeal to anyone except the "I need it all in one" crowd.... who will end up getting both versions anyway at some point... they just don't know it yet.

HT i’m Still keeping. TT body will always win over any SS body. Is this SS version have a light up saber? If not, it’s a definite fail because HT has a slash effect

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

I have to say that I don't think the headsculpt is that bad, but do prefer the HT. I think the price is cheaper just because they expect to sell a lot more of these; just how HT's Luke is "reasonably priced" given what he comes with.

The price seems driven also by the HT price, even though Sideshow's comes with more, they know their quality isn't equal, so if they charged higher because it has more, that'd never fly, coming in at same price, more goodies and a slight quality difference gives them a better chance of selling, but unless they're already in production, I don't see why not push this out to a future release after HT instead of at the same time, or that was a plan until HT showed they have an Endor coming too and locked down ROTJ Luke figures for 2018 and 2019.

Look at the stitching on the SS sleeves... look at that 2006 belt and buckle with the SS poncho...

This couldn't possibly appeal to anyone except the "I need it all in one" crowd.... who will end up getting both versions anyway at some point... they just don't know it yet.

The poncho and belt over the poncho look slightly better than Hasbro, I get its' a basic poncho but HT's proto at Comic Con didn't give me that vibe. The odd seam where the hood attaches to the body of his Jedi cloak looks hideous.

I didn't order the HT version, the teeth bothered me. This one has much better likeness, I'm in....great job SS

To the OP, could you change the thread title to indicate that this is for ROtJ / episode vi.

Back