1/6 SSC ROTJ Luke Skywalker Deluxe Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wondering why people would buy this over the HT version?

I was able to use a $20 code and free shipping and wanted it specifically for the helmeted Endor look. I think that particular look on this is better than the HT one. So basically, it was less expensive and the specific look I wanted it for was better in my mind than the HT. I think I said a couple of pages ago though, that if you're looking for a true deluxe figure that you're going to switch up looks on, the HT is probably better.

I was able to use a $20 code and free shipping and wanted it specifically for the helmeted Endor look. I think that particular look on this is better than the HT one. So basically, it was less expensive and the specific look I wanted it for was better in my mind than the HT. I think I said a couple of pages ago though, that if you're looking for a true deluxe figure that you're going to switch up looks on, the HT is probably better.

But what if the HT Endor version was the same price, would you still have gotten this SS one?

I have the hot toys version 1 and 2 luke rotj, and I still love the ssc one waaay more as the head is better in my eyes and so is the outfit. The hot toys one looks really odd and has strange proportions and the face looks very off to me. So my vote is for ssc as i think it's a great figure and comes with a ton of stuff.

I bought a Hot Toys head for this figure. Has anybody swapped it out? The neck joint seems particularly difficult and I don't want to break it.

Edit: Figured it out. Nothing a good ole' blow dryer can't help :)

I have both HT versions and this Sideshow one as well. I like all three for different reasons but always find myself coming back to the Sideshow one.

Really do like this figure....

IMG_20200523_084358.jpg

If I were forced to keep only one, it would be a tough call, but I'd go with the Sideshow one.

I agree specifically because the SS suit is black where the HT is a faded black almost a dark grey and also because of the iconic flap which actually lays flat on the SS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree specifically because the SS suit is black where the HT is a faded black almost a dark grey and also because of the iconic flap which actually lays flat on the SS.

Do you even own any of these? The HT costume is BLACK. Very black. Can't be mistaken for anything else.

Anyway the latest deluxe HT version is the easy winner. Best proportions, superior sculpt, and great costume options. The best of both worlds is to own both HT sets.

Do you even own any of these? The HT costume is BLACK. Very black. Can't be mistaken for anything else.

Anyway the latest deluxe HT version is the easy winner. Best proportions, superior sculpt, and great costume options. The best of both worlds is to own both HT sets.

Its black yes but not as black as the SS just a tad shade more grey as if Luke washed it at the Endor laundry mat lol

Yeah, I have pretty much 100% of the parts from both HT and SSC and I would say:

SSC wins:
- Endor Poncho (though slightly small, a MUCH closer match in color/pattern vs HT.)
- Blaster (even though the SSC blaster is also a touch small, the HT is ridiculously undersized)
- Vest (better color and fabric vs HT imo)
- Black gloved grip hand is good, maybe better than HT (though the other SSC hands aren't great)

SSC duds:
- Helmet is too small (unfortunately, mostly from front) though SSC gets points for fabric chin strap
- Facesculpt has very dead eyes (an endless SSC problem, even lately - Snowsp Luke, Dengar etc,) despite a decent likeness and okay paint
- Hairsculpt abysmal
- Boots and belt - belt is meh, boots an interesting failure
- Basic SSC stand really needed a landscape piece (hey, reuse the Biker add-ons) to make it a "DX"
- Saber isn't as well finished as the HT but it's not a huge deal

I'd include the SSC outfit as about equal with the HT - elements of the SSC cut/sew I like a little better but it's too baggy in areas where it should be snug.

Hey guys I know this is a loaded question but as someone who's had a few 1/6 Luke figures and sold them all from not being entirely happy (og SS Jedi Luke, Medi Jedi Luke, UU ANH Luke, HT ANH Luke and HT V1 ROTJ Luke), is it safe to assume this one wouldn't do it for me either?

Mind you, when it comes to SW I'm not a huge stickler for accuracy down to the minute details and as for paint, I don't mind repainting the headsculpt(s) as it's something I enjoy doing. I've gone through a couple pages back to try to get an answer but still can't quite manage even with TaliBane's great breakdown above. I just keep coming back to this one in particular. Even when HT announced their Endor Luke, I never got it since I wasn't satisfied with the v1 but this one draws me in for some reason.

With my collection coming back to SW and away from HT DC since I haven't been satisfied their either, I'm back to looking into finding a good Luke for my collection. I really only want one as I've decided to have a 1 figure to represent a character rule. For reference I have HT ANH Vader with a few mods, HT EP3 Obiwan, and HT ANH Han (Jnix headsculpt) and Chewie set, but I'm not partial to HT only as I do have a soft spot for SS offerings. My collection has actually shifted now that I'm rebuilding it again after selling most of it last year from HT>SS to now being predominantly SS figures. Many thanks for opinions and suggestions.

Last edited:
I just bought this figure for customising but can not remove the boots without damaging the body.
Can anyone give me a hand?

Sideshow has this up for PO again but they upped the price by $10. I really like the over all look of the figure even if the headsculpt isn't 100%, but man even at $235 I thought it was pushing, but now at $245 it's even less desirable.

Sideshow has this up for PO again but they upped the price by $10. I really like the over all look of the figure even if the headsculpt isn't 100%, but man even at $235 I thought it was pushing, but now at $245 it's even less desirable.

And they will probably swap the body out for a worse one like Mythos Obi :lol

Been rearranging the collection lately and the biggest bummer is how many of the old SSC figures have bodies that just loose-limbed and falling over. They are not built to last, that's for sure.

I've always been one of their biggest cheerleaders in here, but it's tough when the product doesn't last...

My deluxe Luke and original Mythos Obi seem to be fairing okay. I'd be leery of the second run until you hear some reports upon release...

Were the bodies ever tight? I remember the older ones being rather floppy right out of the box. Whenever i handle an old sideshow figure, i am reminded as to how lucky we are to get figures with tight joints almost every time. Of course, we pay ALOT more per figure. Anyway, the old sideshow figures aren't as bad as what happened to all of those old Medicom figures. Their joints basically disintegrated over time.

Back