SSC QC - A quantitative look

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What Percentage of QC issues have you had with SSC

• 0-5%

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • 5-15%

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • 15-35%

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • 35-65%

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • >65%

Votes: 2 4.9%

• Total voters
I know I couldn't have kept all 200+ pieces I've owned over the last 4 years. I'd like to not even think of all the pieces I've owned.

I voted in the 0-5% category. I have a very small Sideshow collection now, but there was a time when I was actively buying the WETA pieces, and had amassed quite a collection -- from busts to medallions to helms to statues. In all that time, I never received anything from Sideshow that was damaged or deemed poor QC.

Now buying items on the secondary market is another story.

30 items ZERO returns. Actaully Zero crush boxes too.

I have about 200 Sideshow pieces and I voted 0-5%. Until Boromir, I had no damage or screwed up paint or breaks/cracks on anything. For Boromir, the only thing wrong was that it looked like a corner of the box was stepped on (even saw faint bootprint) and the outer shipping box was damp (luckily, the molded plastic around the actual figure and all its pieces parts were well protected and there was no damage. But the wet/crushed outer box was not a Sideshow goof -- definitely shipping company. So, actually, 0% total. (you know that now that I've posted this, Murphy's Law will take immediate effect and I'll never get another thing without problems :rolleyes:)

Back