SSC QC - A quantitative look

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What Percentage of QC issues have you had with SSC

• 0-5%

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • 5-15%

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • 15-35%

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • 35-65%

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • >65%

Votes: 2 4.9%

• Total voters

Lord Aykroyd

Super Freak
Reaction score
In light of the "Which Company has the Poorest Quality Control" thread -

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22487

- I thought it would be nice to get some real numbers to see 'how bad' the QC issue actually is.

In the pole above, a QC issue means damage, paint app problems, missing items, clothing rips, etc.

A QC issue does not mean the final item looks nothing like the prototype (i.e. Faramire or Ani's lips) -- yes these are quality problems, but its more of a 'ssc signed off on letting a crappy third party paint their wonderful collectibles problem as hasn't yet dealt with it - though by hell or high water I sure hope they do'.

To get the approx % of QC issues you've had, just take the # of problems / # of collectibles you've bought from them and X 100.

W00t.

In light of the "Which Company has the Poorest Quality Control" thread -

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22487

- I thought it would be nice to get some real numbers to see 'how bad' the QC issue actually is.

In the pole above, a QC issue means damage, paint app problems, missing items, clothing rips, etc.

A QC issue does not mean the final item looks nothing like the prototype (i.e. Faramire or Ani's lips) -- yes these are quality problems, but its more of a 'ssc signed off on letting a crappy third party paint their wonderful collectibles problem as hasn't yet dealt with it - though by hell or high water I sure hope they do'.

To get the approx % of QC issues you've had, just take the # of problems / # of collectibles you've bought from them and X 100.

W00t.

Do you count damage to boxes on 12" figures?

I don't think you should be allowed to vote in this poll unless you have over 200 SSC items. That's the only way that it would show anything.

I have no idea how many items I have, but I'm sure it's well over 300, and I've had 2 problems. That's .0067%.

Darklord Dave is biasing the empirical objectiveness of this poll. :lol

Whoops, almost forgot to add :monkey3

:D

I don't think you should be allowed to vote in this poll unless you have over 200 SSC items. That's the only way that it would show anything.

I have no idea how many items I have, but I'm sure it's well over 300, and I've had 2 problems. That's .0067%.

I think Dave needs a cookie.:monkey5

Back