SSC - Marvel - 1:6 scale Wolverine figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Based on that Rzeznikk pic I quoted, I say the blade and the connector are cast as one piece. Production wise it makes less sense to glue each blade to the connector than make them one piece metal or plastic.

I got mine today.
The issues I have are the paint on my masked head near the cheeks is all over like Buttmunch's pics show below.
The overall skin tone of the right and the left arms don't mach each other precisely. My articulated right and bent sculpt right are lighter in tone than the other arms. It's not too extreme that it's easily noticeable when they're on the body, but side by side you'll notice a slight tone difference.
Also my articulated left arm's elbow is very loose.

That said I still really love this figure! The body, unmasked head, costume, hands, sword & scabbard, and boots are fantastic. The costume in particular is very well designed, there's a different stretchy material covering the sides of the torso, knees, and inner thighs that matches the other stiffer tan portions of the costume perfectly but give the suit a great amount of stretch so you can pose the figure in extreme poses without fear of tearing or stretching out the material. The brown portion has a very thin suede type of material feel. The whole design just works well and looks amazing.
I like the different arms and had suggested that HT do the same thing with their Avengers Hulk. It works for straight arms out to the sides and extremely bent arms directly in front of the figure, but the limitation in the shoulder swivel prevents using the arms in other ways. I wish SSC included just one more set of sculpted arms with the arms bent but more out to the sides of the torso. The articulated arms though give you more posing options so if you want to go posing the figure about, those are the arms to use, but if you plan on leaving him posed on the shelf for long periods of time like a statue, the sculpted arms are the way to go.
The sculpting of the head and arms looks fantastic imo, straight out of the comic. It would've been nice for there to have been a third head or a face plate chomping on a cigar.
The claws and sword blade are metal and nicely finished on mine. The folded mask has a magnet that just sticks to the upper back of the figure. The stand is kind of plain and boring.
The paint on the teeth are a bit of a mess, but they're acceptable to me. The teeth and eyes on both heads are separate so they can be painted more easily, The eyes on both heads looks fantastic, I especially love the silver eyes on the masked head. It's hard to choose which to use, I wish I had a second figure so I can display both.
Things I wish were done differently are mouth plates for different expressions on the masked head and cloth gloves and boots.

It's a bit overpriced for what you get. If you can get the exclusive closer to $200 than I think it's a great deal.

Man, I have to say the QC isn't getting any better at Sideshow.

Scuffed paint on the cheek and jaw areas and the mask isn't even fully painted on!

F6FF9AC6-61E0-455D-9FF1-4BE781A9591E_zpsz72t4moe.jpg

0C814955-6CF1-43BA-9E32-66E5C2A0B6DE_zpsumwz5cls.jpg

That's what the paint on my masked head looks like. I'm thinking of contacting Sideshow about a replacement for that and the loose left arm, not sure if the issues are enough for them to replace mine though. Let us know if Sideshow agrees to send you a replacement head.

Last edited:
Based on that Rzeznikk pic I quoted, I say the blade and the connector are cast as one piece. Production wise it makes less sense to glue each blade to the connector than make them one piece metal or plastic.

I concur...as I stated earlier; would be easy to determine if I had one in-hand.

I can confirm that the claw sheaths on the back of his claw extended gloves are metal. The hands that don't have extended claws like the sword grip or gesturing hands have painted plastic sheaths on the back of those gloves. Whether the metal claws and sheaths are one piece or two pieces I can't confirm, but it wouldn't make sense to just glue the metal claws into the metal sheaths, so I assume they're one piece.

Gonna have to get this one day, just so I can put it next to hulk
Looks great

A couple of quick pics of my Wolverines...Wolveri?:
Sideshow Wolverine 004.jpg
Sideshow Wolverine 005.jpg
Sideshow Wolverine 001.jpg
Sideshow Wolverine 002.jpg
Sideshow Wolverine 003.jpg

The HT Wolverine has been in one pose for about a year and I've just now started to move him about and he's loosened up quite a lot! I could hardly get it to stand half the time. It was much easier to pose the Sideshow Wolverine by comparison.

I love both of them, but I got to say that the new Sideshow comic Wolverine is now my favorite. Brown and tan for the win! :yess:

Absolutely fantastic looking, the costume came out looking great and he just looks like a tough sob.

Makes that black coat wearing version look very boring.

But man I remember in 2008 when 1/4 PF were $280-$325.

Last edited:
Ok, so the claw sheaths are metal? If so, it is more likely that it is all one piece.

I think they could have easily just added some grooves for the claws to insert into.

I get mine until next friday and i cant wait for some hulk and deadpool poses.

screamingmetal if you get a chance, can you snap a couple pictures of the back and underarms on this guy?
Im curious how the costume goes together.

He's a really solid figure. Well done SideShow. No issues with mine at all. Love the fact that he has an expression. So sick of HT's "I'm bored" (lack of) facial expression.

Even AntMan at least had the tiniest smirk, and that made all the difference.

413054016.jpg

413054017.jpg

413054015.jpg

I think he matches better with SS's comic DP. I'd pair the HT DP with a HJ version of Wolverine.

This will probably be how I display both when I find a display case.

Thanks for the awesome pics screamingmetal! Love the shots with the Marvel Legends wolvie too, that's the best Wolverine in that line by far - just love that little figure!

He's a really solid figure. Well done SideShow. No issues with mine at all. Love the fact that he has an expression. So sick of HT's "I'm bored" (lack of) facial expression.

Even AntMan at least had the tiniest smirk, and that made all the difference.

413054016.jpg

Damn, this pic is drool worthy, and completely agreed on the expression.

On a side note, can I ask where you got that custom suit for deadpool?? Id really love to upgrade mine with something like that!

Back