SSC - Marvel - 1:6 scale Wolverine figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What body did you use for this? I've been wanting to do the same thing, street clothes Wolverine is my favorite look

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
Hot Toys Star Lord body. Or its the Golden Age Captain America and GA Cap has Star Lords. I can't remember lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

My only nitpick would be the belt but again that's a nitpick on an otherwise super bad ass Wolverine, best 1/6 Wolverine ever!

Blows away their Punisher.

That reviewer was funny, oh look a try of extras, interesting lol.

Did he forget what it came with lol.

Last edited:
This really does look great, especially with other characters. Tempted to use my rewards on this, I've got about $110.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

DO it. I used @$80 on points for mine, but after having it, I wouldn't have been that put off it if I had paid full price. I probably come off as a SSC fanboy sometimes, because I generally like what they do, and I don't have the skill/resources to customize, but I think this is one of their best figures they've ever produced. It does have some niggles (like the limited articulation of his arms due to the musculature of the body), and the belts as some have mentioned. But if you get a figure that is free of QC issues, like mine, I have a hard time thinking of an SSC figure that is better. The paintwork on the sculpts are better than their previous efforts, particularly the eyes and skintone. My 'cave is under renovations so since I can't put him up on a shelf, I'm mostly leaving him in the box. But I keep finding myself opening him up and just looking at him... even in museum pose....
OI000004 (1).jpg
OI000005.jpg
OI000006 (1).jpg
OI000009.jpg

Attachments

• OI000004 (1).jpg
    OI000004 (1).jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 317
  • OI000005.jpg
    OI000005.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 318
  • OI000006 (1).jpg
    OI000006 (1).jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 320
  • OI000009.jpg
    OI000009.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 319
Sorry folks, for some reason regardless of how my pics are rotated on my computer, they always end up on their side when I post them.
You definitely see some flaws in the paint when using a macro lens, or taking a shot from really up close, but in-hand, at regular viewing distance, he looks excellent and very intimidating. Also, the fabric on his shoulders can cover the majority of his shoulder with some futzing. Right out of the box, at least with mine, the fabric was pinched either into the shoulder joint, or in the seam where the arm is attached to the shoulder. When I got him out of the box, he looked like he was wearing a muscle shirt. It'll definitely require some futzing, but I think there are a lot of excellent looks for this figure. And so far, the joints have proven to be tight but useable, so I'm looking forward to deciding on the first shelf pose.

Thanks for the tips.

That crazy toys Wolverine looks like crap next to this SS version.

I'm happy that he has ankle pivot.....cough Punisher cough.
Anyways, this Wolverine was just bought! :yess:

Too impatient to wait for a coupon, I can die before the next one is released.

Last edited:
Wow I'm on the cusp of buying it since Wolverine is my favourite superhero but that price is really putting me off because I live in Canada and the conversion rate is hard to justify. Also is the different shade of yellow between the masked head and the suit noticeable in person? It would also be appreciated if anyone can show pics of him with hot toys Deadpool or the Black Spider man from hot toys, thanks.

Just opened mine.

Overall I'm very pleased. Suit fits well and the wonky seams aren't quite as glaring in hand. Mine has the unfortunate paint missing on the left face mask sculpt, which is highly annoying, but otherwise the quality overall seems good. The figure is nice and heavy with a solid feel to it. Sword was a little sticky getting it out of the scabbard but looks good displayed.

Claws and sword seem to be plastic to me.

Wait...the claws are plastic, are you sure.

Are they colder to the touch than the plastic, or the same?

I mean there is no mistaking the feel of metal even when painted.

Thanks for the tips.

That crazy toys Wolverine looks like crap next to this SS version.

I'm happy that he has ankle pivot.....cough Punisher cough.
Anyways, this Wolverine was just bought! :yess:

Too impatient to wait for a coupon, I can die before the next one is released.

Body proportions like crap yes. For the rest of the parts they are recasts after all, how are they crap.. :dunno

I have to agree from the user-posted pics the original SS body looks really good.
I had my KO SS Wolverine fitted with a GangHood 1/6 mucular body. Not the best but I'll make do with mine.

15732261_973742082725901_1835534205341516224_o.jpg

15874848_973742372725872_8099464288466222463_o.jpg

Just opened mine.

Overall I'm very pleased. Suit fits well and the wonky seams aren't quite as glaring in hand. Mine has the unfortunate paint missing on the left face mask sculpt, which is highly annoying, but otherwise the quality overall seems good. The figure is nice and heavy with a solid feel to it. Sword was a little sticky getting it out of the scabbard but looks good displayed.

Claws and sword seem to be plastic to me.

Wait...the claws are plastic, are you sure.

Are they colder to the touch than the plastic, or the same?

I mean there is no mistaking the feel of metal even when painted.

The claws and sword are metal, they're colder than the plastic.

Wow I'm on the cusp of buying it since Wolverine is my favourite superhero but that price is really putting me off because I live in Canada and the conversion rate is hard to justify. Also is the different shade of yellow between the masked head and the suit noticeable in person? It would also be appreciated if anyone can show pics of him with hot toys Deadpool or the Black Spider man from hot toys, thanks.

The tan on the head is just a hair lighter than the tan of the costume. Though I have to mention that it's much less noticeable in person than it is in photos.

Back