SSC - Marvel - 1:6 scale Wolverine figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He looks super bad ass in those pics.

Fuuuudge, time to whip out my wallet.

He looks gooood on that group shot! Repped.

Where did you source that bomber jacket for your DOFP Wolvie...think I want to kit bash the same!

Man so awesome, thanks for the great pics!

It may be overpriced, but to me it's worth it. Brown costume wolvie is super nostalgic and iconic to me, and to have a cool realistic comic style figure is kind of a collector dream come true for me.

Now if only I could somehow get figures of GrimJack and John Jaspers from Faust I would feel complete lol
Thank guys, my expectations were pretty low opening him up but there's quality here when posed and futzed right.

The bomber jacket was picked up off ebay years ago. I can't remember the name. I want to say DiD but don't quote me on that. The jacket has a pic of a woman on the back which I've painted over. So if you are looking keep an eye out for that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

First Hulk is superior Hulk.

So good thing the claws are metal. These last batch of pics really look good. Really looking forward for mine to arrive

Two more real quick shots. Loving my Marvel Shelf!
IMG_20161229_140043_257.jpgIMG_20161229_140120_960.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Ok, so the claws are metal and not plastic. Here is pic of the breakage. Looks like they are just glued directly on to the claw sheath. The claws are very nicely done. Just wish they were secured better. I've also attached pics of the nude body. I did not measure the body height but he is shorter than a typical 1/6 scale male body, which is perfect for this character. It's a very heroic sculpt, the arms are sculpted and painted very well, I give Sideshow props on different arm sculpts as well as coming up with a new body type. Although the arms look good, they do suffer from articulation or swivel at the base of the shoulder. I guess that is the compermise with this design. Overall the body does feel solid and has good porortions.

I'm having a hard time believing the metal claws are glued to the sheaths...are you certain the sheaths themselves aren't metal and their cast as one piece? Sounds funny but if you tap them on your front teeth you should be able to tell if the sheaths are metal or plastic.

Just received my Wolvie last night and had a fun time working with it. One thing that you can't quite tell from these photos is that the costume is tight enough on the torso to allow for some really great muscle definition from the chest to show through which is pretty hard to pull off on fabric that isn't spandex - and yet still doesn't restrict articulation much. He also has some wicked butterfly joints in the shoulders similar to the Marvel Legends Brown costume figures allowing you to really pull his shoulders back to give that heroic "chest puffed out" look or push them forward for that classic wolverine hunched over and looking pissed look. A lot of 1/6 figures have a bit of movement in that area but this figure's body in particular seems give that POA a lot more range than I'm used to seeing in this scale.
Just a really great figure. Despite the higher price than we would like, Sideshow is really knocking it out of the park with their Marvel line so far. I think this figure does a pretty decent job of justifying the price even if on face value it doesn't look it. $25-50 cheaper would have probably been more of a sweet spot but I have no regrets paying full price. Definitely going to be keeping an eye on that Daredevil they previewed earlier in the year.

Those shots finally convinced me, super bad ass shelf btw.

That and what the other post said about his costume allowing some muscle detail to come thru while also not hindering the articulation.

I love his leg pose on these recent pics.

Ok, so the claws are metal and not plastic. Here is pic of the breakage. Looks like they are just glued directly on to the claw sheath. The claws are very nicely done. Just wish they were secured better. I've also attached pics of the nude body. I did not measure the body height but he is shorter than a typical 1/6 scale male body, which is perfect for this character. It's a very heroic sculpt, the arms are sculpted and painted very well, I give Sideshow props on different arm sculpts as well as coming up with a new body type. Although the arms look good, they do suffer from articulation or swivel at the base of the shoulder. I guess that is the compermise with this design. Overall the body does feel solid and has good porortions.

I'm having a hard time believing the metal claws are glued to the sheaths...are you certain the sheaths themselves aren't metal and their cast as one piece? Sounds funny but if you tap them on your front teeth you should be able to tell if the sheaths are metal or plastic.

From the above pic, it doesn't look like the sheath are claw are one piece. Looks like glue on the sheath instead of broken metal.

From the above pic, it doesn't look like the sheath are claw are one piece. Looks like glue on the sheath instead of broken metal.

That would be criminal if true...no mechanical connection...no slot to mount them in. C-3PO wonky thumbs all over again.

Back