SSC - Marvel - 1:6 scale Wolverine figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
screamingmetal if you get a chance, can you snap a couple pictures of the back and underarms on this guy?
Im curious how the costume goes together.

No Problem.
The shirt portion of the outfit (top and pants are separate items) has a zipper going down most of the back with a flap covering it that's held down with velcro. Really nicely designed costume.

Sideshow Wolverine 009.jpg
Sideshow Wolverine 008.jpg

He's a really solid figure. Well done SideShow. No issues with mine at all. Love the fact that he has an expression. So sick of HT's "I'm bored" (lack of) facial expression.

Even AntMan at least had the tiniest smirk, and that made all the difference.

413054016.jpg

413054017.jpg

413054015.jpg

I think he matches better with SS's comic DP. I'd pair the HT DP with a HJ version of Wolverine.

This will probably be how I display both when I find a display case.

Well said about the facial expression, you couldn't be more right.

Could someone take some pics of Wolverine standing level next to HT Cap and Thor?

I have two Caps, one's in storage and my HT Thor is in pieces without a head (I'm putting mine together).
I'm assuming you want to see the height of both figure together. They're standing in similar positions and stances, so it should give you a good idea on height.
Sideshow Wolverine 010.jpg
Sideshow Wolverine 012.jpg

I'm having a hard time believing the metal claws are glued to the sheaths...are you certain the sheaths themselves aren't metal and their cast as one piece? Sounds funny but if you tap them on your front teeth you should be able to tell if the sheaths are metal or plastic.

All metal, looks like a solid single cast.

Well said about the facial expression, you couldn't be more right.

I like more expressive heads. But the main issue is that people who prefer expressions will still buy the normal figures if they don't have it. But those who prefer a more neutral head usually won't buy the expressive heads. Go read the multiple threads about Harley Quinn statues and figures. They mostly have the large smile heads and the comments show what I mean. It's something that happens all the time. Heck, even with this figure it's happened. All that doesn't even consider that it's harder and takes longer to sculpt and paint (which means costs are higher to make).

Could someone take some pics of Wolverine standing level next to HT Cap and Thor?

I can do it when I have a chance. Any specific version of the figure you want to see? Or any others?

All metal, looks like a solid single cast.

Just an FYI comparison between the Sideshow and Crazytoys claws.

Sideshow (front) CrazyToys (Back)

Sideshow (left) Crazytoys (right)
The Crazytoys claws definitely has a more chrome look to it but not as spread out as the Sideshows.

I can confirm that the claw sheaths on the back of his claw extended gloves are metal. The hands that don't have extended claws like the sword grip or gesturing hands have painted plastic sheaths on the back of those gloves. Whether the metal claws and sheaths are one piece or two pieces I can't confirm, but it wouldn't make sense to just glue the metal claws into the metal sheaths, so I assume they're one piece.

Thanks for the confirmation, that's what I thought after seeing the closeups; I'm pretty sure they'd be cast as one piece.

This really does look great, especially with other characters. Tempted to use my rewards on this, I've got about $110.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Back