SSC - Marvel - 1:6 scale Wolverine figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Overall looks pretty good to me.

I still despise the head sculpt without mask and can tolerate the masked version after they toned it down slightly from initial examples.

Is the sword plastic? Any reason that they made it red?

Muramasa blade

Where are those pics on facebook located? I'm dying for more pictures or a video review of this guy.

I'm so excited for this figure.

Man, I have to say the QC isn't getting any better at Sideshow.

Scuffed paint on the cheek and jaw areas and the mask isn't even fully painted on!

F6FF9AC6-61E0-455D-9FF1-4BE781A9591E_zpsz72t4moe.jpg

0C814955-6CF1-43BA-9E32-66E5C2A0B6DE_zpsumwz5cls.jpg

Weird extra "mole" on the bicep
5A926417-F705-4CA8-9BB5-321831B72D77_zpsh68tumhj.jpg

Pitted metal on the back of the claws making it very rough
D1AAFD44-CEDB-4A33-AD44-1EA2D084AD17_zpsgzcqcs4j.jpg

And a missing protective tip for crying out loud! :lol
81EBC3B8-5180-468F-AF96-39A279A5A81C_zpsokigzjkv.jpg

The figure does look very nice in person, but these mistakes shouldn't be happening at this Hot Toys prices. I've never had these kind of issues with a Hot Toys figure. If they want to charge HT prices for these, then they need to match the quality.

Only thing figure-wise and not QC wise I don't like are the arms. They've got no side to side articulation. The way they've sculpted the connection area with the arms only allows it in the one position. I don't see why a more ball jointed system couldn't have been used here. You can fudge it a bit by making the connection less firm, but the arms really weren't mean to move at the top of the bicep. The shoulder has full range of motion but without the joint below them being functional, it severely limits the poseablitly of the arms. Having the choice of sculpted straight or bent and an articulated set is very nice though. I do also wish all the hands could be clawed or unclawed. Not sure if removable blades would have worked, but it would have been cool to have him just popping out two around a guys throat or flipping of Cyclops with just one out. But not even Hot Toys has taken that on.

Better than the Punisher at least. That was the first figure I sent back as just unacceptable because of the George Hamilton tan they thought he should have. Real shame there as the headsculpt and gear were all nice, but botching the head was just too much to overlook. As long as you don't get the amateurish QC errors I got, I think most will be very happy with him despite his limited arm articulation. A very nice addition to Deadpool. Here's hoping the line doesn't die now. Flash never saw the light of day for DC so who knows if Daredevil might go that way too. Still hoping for a Doctor Doom.

Scuffed paint on the cheek and jaw areas and the mask isn't even fully painted on!

And a missing protective tip for crying out loud! [emoji38]

The figure does look very nice in person, but these mistakes shouldn't be happening at this Hot Toys prices. I've never had these kind of issues with a Hot Toys figure. If they want to charge HT prices for these, then they need to match the quality.

Only thing figure-wise and not QC wise I don't like are the arms. They've got no side to side articulation. The way they've sculpted the connection area with the arms only allows it in the one position. I don't see why a more ball jointed system couldn't have been used here. You can fudge it a bit by making the connection less firm, but the arms really weren't mean to move at the top of the bicep. The shoulder has full range of motion but without the joint below them being functional, it severely limits the poseablitly of the arms. Having the choice of sculpted straight or bent and an articulated set is very nice though. I do also wish all the hands could be clawed or unclawed. Not sure if removable blades would have worked, but it would have been cool to have him just popping out two around a guys throat or flipping of Cyclops with just one out. But not even Hot Toys has taken that on.

Better than the Punisher at least. That was the first figure I sent back as just unacceptable because of the George Hamilton tan they thought he should have. Real shame there as the headsculpt and gear were all nice, but botching the head was just too much to overlook. As long as you don't get the amateurish QC errors I got, I think most will be very happy with him despite his limited arm articulation. A very nice addition to Deadpool. Here's hoping the line doesn't die now. Flash never saw the light of day for DC so who knows if Daredevil might go that way too. Still hoping for a Doctor Doom.
Thanks for the heads up and your opinion. Are the claws metal as well as the sword? If you dont mind, would post a pic comparing his heigh? Thanks bro

Ugh! Allready broke a claw (plastic)! I'm suprised it's so fragile. I have the Crazy toys knockoff as well and the claws feel much more sturdy. Be CAREFUL

Just goes to show how funny Sideshow is to think they can charge beyond Hot Toys prices. Their figures are worth maybe $150.

Got a close up of the unmasked sculpt?

I'm very dissapointed.

I knew this Wolverine would not be perfect. I was not expecting it. The body is a new part, I can be understanding with that...

But QC issues, plastic claws...!! At 250 USD price.

What have you done, Sideshow.

Got mine today, here in the office, so can't do a full test, but had an overview look at it:
WolvieInHand3.jpg
WolvieInHand2.jpg
WolvieInHand1.jpg
Buttmunch, sorry to see you had those QC issues. Mine came perfect. No QC issues at all. I agree with what was said though, that the construction of the arms limits poseability, but I guess the different arms themselves were included to help. I wasn't planning on posing with the unmasked head, but I have to say, I think it's one of SSC's best! Obviously, it's not based on a real person, but the paint app is surprisingly good, I particularly like the eyes and teeth. The skin tone is also just fine, and not overly tan like some recent figures. The body feels (again, as others have said) nice and heavy.
I actually thought the claws were metal. They have that cold feel like metal/diecast parts do, or like the Indy Temple of Doom machete. But if someone already broke one and can confirm they are plastic, then maybe it's just some kind of paint.
My biggest gripe is the packaging. I don't like this new foam packaging. The figure is always squeezed in there in an odd position. Because of it, the suit on my Wolvie was way off center when I initially took him out, and will require some real futzing when I get home.

Other than that, I'm very happy with this figure.

Attachments

• WolvieInHand1.jpg
    WolvieInHand1.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 265
  • WolvieInHand2.jpg
    WolvieInHand2.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 255
  • WolvieInHand3.jpg
    WolvieInHand3.jpg
    398 KB · Views: 263
Gotta say, he looks much better in your pics, Sardo. Especially that unmasked sculpt.

I go back and forth on Sideshow figures, it's hard to get a steady reading on them.

Claws are plastic? If im not mistaken, i read somewhere the ko has metal claws... what a waste. The figure look good to me, but these qc and material deficiencies are infuriating.

I kind gave Mondo a pass with the TMNTs since they are newish to the 1/6 figures, but Sideshow has been doing this crap for years... unbelievable.

If I have any qc with mine, im just sending it back. No part replacement this time

Mine arrives tomorrow. I'll reserve judgment until i have it in hand.

There was plenty of hand-wringing with DP that turned out to be nothing (for me).

Plastic Claws? When the bootleg has metal?? [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Wtf was Sideshow thinking on that one??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Katkuru, on page 125, said he snapped one of the claws as soon as he took it out, and it's plastic.
Like I said, with mine, they feel metal. But I'm at work still, so haven't had a really good look at them. I just took them out of the clamshell and looked at them for a couple of minutes...

I have a feeling the claws are metal. I mean hot toys has made claws and they were metal. Sideshow making them plastic makes no sense for anyone; how would anyone at SS even bring that up at the development stage?

I have a feeling the claws are metal. I mean hot toys has made claws and they were metal. Sideshow making them plastic makes no sense for anyone; how would anyone at SS even bring that up at the development stage?

I may have been a bit hasty with my comments (plastics claws)as I was rushing to work and messing with the figure at the same time! I'll update when I get home. All I know for sure is the claw disconnected at the base of the 'claw sheath', and it was flush. I would have thought that they would go into the sheath a bit like the Hot Toys version. A future Mod I suppose...

And a missing protective tip for crying out loud! :lol

Yikes. I'm gonna pass. $250 is robbery for this level of laziness. I wanted this, but I'm not paying over $100 more than it's worth.

Hopefully Ash is better...

Back