SSC - Marvel - 1:6 scale Wolverine figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The movie version of Wolverine is about as faithful to the version of Wolverine in New X-Men as this SSC one is to the John Byrne Uncanny X-Men Wolverine from 1980.

The movie version of Wolverine is about as faithful to the version of Wolverine in New X-Men as this SSC one is to the John Byrne Uncanny X-Men Wolverine from 1980.

Well, at least he has a costume with a mask,right? Besides the BROWN costume, not the yellow one (probably SS will do that too) so all these elements are based on comic, right? Also he has sharp teeth which is again just like in the comics:) These are enough for me to named this figure as faithful to the source material...

So he's a patchwork comic verison? When you have companies like Hot Toys making figures that are 100% accurate to the film representations a figure by SSC that has some "comic" elements doesn't quite do it. It's closer to just a Sideshow Wolverine, not a comic Wolverine. What I don't get is that if SSC makes statues of Wolverine that are based on a specific comic, why can't they do it for a 1/6 line.

As someone who dislikes the Deadpool one, I absolutely LOVE this version of Wolverine. Kinda reminds me of his Origins videogame brown suit. If you want yellow Spandex, I think Medicom has what you need.
xmen-origins-wolverine-360-ss2.jpg

Last edited:
As someone who dislikes the Deadpool one, I absolutely LOVE this version of Wolverine. Kinda reminds me of his Origins videogame brown suit. If you want yellow Spandex, I think Medicom has what you need.
xmen-origins-wolverine-360-ss2.jpg

That pic looks like Wolverine is standing on a bridge in Stranglethorn Vale! :panic::)

Gambit would be my grail figure. But mostly I'm really down for a Cable to go with Deadpool. Others of interest would definitely be Cyclops, Magneto, and Rogue.

Saying I want a Wolverine that is faithful to the comics but saying I don't want spandex is an oxymoron, right? Like wanting a comic faithful Superman with no cape.

Spider-man is going to be in the new Avengers movie? Cool! ;)

I just want to see the alternative face plates for this Wolverine - but I'm already sold on the costume - do wish he was a little bit shorter however.

BTW, where did this $230 price point for Deadpool come from?

Last edited:
How tall is he exactly? Any specs? Would be cool if he was like 9 or 10 inches. I wish they'd put him up on the site for some solid info. And yeah, I wanna see the other mouth parts too. A closed mouth piece would make this a definite buy.

Spider-man is going to be in the new Avengers movie? Cool! ;)

I just want to see the alternative face plates for this Wolverine - but I'm already sold on the costume - do wish he was a little bit shorter however.

BTW, where did this $230 price point for Deadpool come from?
It was in Tuesdays preview. They included all the specs and price.

They're not going to change it, so are you buying it or not? Waiting/hoping for them to come out with a "spandex" one is like expecting to see spider-man in Avengers 2.

I know they are not going to change it, and of course I'm buying it. My comment was regarding the "faithful to the source" post, which in my opinion its not. If you want to see a true faithful to the source figure, take a look at some of Tony Meis customs. They have spandex outfits and the look fantastic.

They have spandex outfits and the look fantastic.

Characters in comics don't wear Spandex. Spandex is not faithful to the comics, it's just cheap-looking. It's a acceptable on HT's Reeve Superman because it's matching the cheap looking costume used on screen in the movie.

I curious to see how they handle Spider-man myself. I don't want a super skinny figure that looks like a 12 year old and I don't want him in cheap-looking Spandex. But the outfit does have to be skin-tight.

I don't see Spidey looking that great myself... the first HT ASM figure looks okay, but weird in poses. Unless they can outdo HT, I bet he'll look awkward.

Back