SSC - Marvel - 1:6 scale Wolverine figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
why do they have to change it? Look at the gloves and boots

_1387223999.jpg

why do they have to change it? Look at the gloves and boots

1. Those boots have no sole and are skin tight.
2. The gloves are skin tight, like Jessica Rabbit's.

1+2 works for a drawing, but completely unrealistic on a 3 dimensional figure - they serve no purpose. In the comic they're simply color areas for visual interest. On a figure they need to be real boots and real gloves.

Don't get hung up on a literal translation, it's the spirit that counts, and IMO, they've nailed that. Except the giant teeth that would prevent him from closing his mouth. BTW, what purpose does the belt serve in the drawing? None except decoration. ;)

Miller's cover is cool but to me, Lee had the definitive look.

:lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture

QUOTE=Pixelpiper;7025879]
1+2 works for a drawing, but completely unrealistic on a 3 dimensional figure - they serve no purpose. In the comic they're simply color areas for visual interest. On a figure they need to be real boots and real gloves.
[/QUOTE]

The same purpose for wearing a colorful costume, it looks cool. :wink1:

Last edited:
The same purpose for wearing a colorful costume, it looks cool. :wink1:

Someone prancing around in a leotard, fine lady-gloves and slippers doesn't look cool in any universe. Unless it is in fact a lady, then while she doesn't look cool, she may look hot. But I'd still prefer leather or PVC.

Someone prancing around in a leotard, fine lady-gloves and slippers doesn't look cool in any universe. Unless it is in fact a lady, then while she doesn't look cool, she may look hot. But I'd still prefer leather or PVC.

I misread your post. I thought you were refeing to the comics, my bad. Btw, I never thought of Super Heroe outfit that way. You just ruined my whole view of SH costumes for me.:pfft:

Btw, how about the underwear over the pants thing? Unless its tights, it doesnt work.

1. Those boots have no sole and are skin tight.
2. The gloves are skin tight, like Jessica Rabbit's.

Don't get hung up on a literal translation, it's the spirit that counts, and IMO, they've nailed that. Except the giant teeth that would prevent him from closing his mouth. BTW, what purpose does the belt serve in the drawing? None except decoration. ;)

:exactly::goodpost:

People should not be expecting an accurate translation of a single version of the character, they didn't do it with the DC ones, they're not gonna do it here, and they're looking great.

This figure needs a little work, but I really like the look of the gloves/gauntlets. As long as we get a closed mouth sculpt, I'll be all over this.

Since it doesn't seem like there will be a HT DOFP Wolverine, this looks like the best choice for me.

Can't wait to see what else comes from this line.

I'm in for pretty much anything X-Men
gimme nightcrawler.

Last edited:
Back