SSC - Marvel - 1:6 scale Wolverine figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know they are not going to change it, and of course I'm buying it. My comment was regarding the "faithful to the source" post, which in my opinion its not. If you want to see a true faithful to the source figure, take a look at some of Tony Meis customs. They have spandex outfits and the look fantastic.

It's not just your opinion, it's the truth. Trying to make it more realistic is one thing but the changes they made to both this figure and Deadpool is not making it more realistic; it's making your own versions of the characters. Now if your course for defending SSC's "creative" choices is by ripping on the original source material, i.e. Wolverine's gloves and boots, then it doesn't sound like you want a comic accurate figure. It sounds like you want whatever SSC makes and then create excuses for why they did it wrong.

The Rami Spidey figures are spandex, and look perfect.

The Amazing Spiderman figures look like shiny gimps.

I would love for SS's to be a Ditko Spidey, but they aren't that smart. They will make some overcooked played out McFarlane one.

spider-man.jpg

Characters in comics don't wear Spandex. Spandex is not faithful to the comics, it's just cheap-looking. It's a acceptable on HT's Reeve Superman because it's matching the cheap looking costume used on screen in the movie.

I curious to see how they handle Spider-man myself. I don't want a super skinny figure that looks like a 12 year old and I don't want him in cheap-looking Spandex. But the outfit does have to be skin-tight.

Spandex is our "real world" version of their outfits. It doesnt look cheap. Sideshow's Batman has spandex and its a great looking figure. When you think super heroes you think of spandex like material. SS Deadpool looks stupid with baggy cloths that actually look like pajamas. I guarantee you that Tony Meis is going to get lots of business from this release. Just saying.

I feel like it should be on a more case by case basis. I dont need spandex on all characters nor do I need them all in battle fatigues. IMO for characters like deadpool and wolverine the clothes work, but for stuff like spiderman, nightcrawler, daredevil etc spandex is needed.

Just like the new direction of the DC line (no more pure spandex wearing figures after Supes according to SSCs...see Green Lantern & Flash), this is like the GI Joe line, SSCs interpretation of the characters.

If you want pure comic accurate renditions, customs will be the way to go for the immediate future.

I'm on the "depending on the character camp". Spider-Man needs spandex, but characters like Punisher, Deadpool, Wolvie, etc could use some extra parts. Would I have preferred a Now! DP? Yeah, but I'm ok with "real world" 'Pool. The gauntlet things on Logan look good and I'm really looking forward to him and all Marvel figs. I'm really anxious to see Doom though, since I'm wondering whether they'll go with gray or silver.

It will be interesting to see if Sideshow use the same material on Spider-man's head as they do on the body. They really need to go to the next level on these.

Just like the new direction of the DC line (no more pure spandex wearing figures after Supes according to SSCs...see Green Lantern & Flash), this is like the GI Joe line, SSCs interpretation of the characters.

If you want pure comic accurate renditions, customs will be the way to go for the immediate future.

Well, Ill just buy the figure and order an outfit from Tony. No biggie.

The Rami Spidey figures are spandex, and look perfect.

The Amazing Spiderman figures look like shiny gimps.

I would love for SS's to be a Ditko Spidey, but they aren't that smart. They will make some overcooked played out McFarlane one.

spider-man.jpg

like this
IMGP2025.jpg

If the Hot Toys Spider-Man 3 figure had black web lines instead of silver I'd probably have already picked him up, so I have high expectations from Sideshow. :impatient:

Damn. That Ditko/Romita inspired Spider-Man looks great. Correct me if I'm wrong but that's an 8" figure, right? It looks like a custom Mego figure.

It is a 8" Custom (best in the world)...it's the Dikto version in the above photo...I have em :)

100_6802.JPG

Attachments

• 100_6669.JPG
    100_6669.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 277
Back