SSC Jack Burton Big Trouble in Little China Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I like the Rock ok but I was really disappointed to hear of another remake as well. Kurt was pretty indifferent though, he just said "why not?".

After seeing what the original team did with the sequel to Escape from New York, I am really ok with it being left alone but Hollywood learns no lessons when it comes to remakes. There are one million ideas not on the screen yet, I just don't get rehashing everything to death.

Well, a lot of the investment in Hollywood comes from China now. That is why we have so many chinese actors in US films and why so many Hollywood films also have a china location. With this title: "Big trouble in Little China" this sucker will finanse itself in about four seconds

Well, a lot of the investment in Hollywood comes from China now. That is why we have so many chinese actors in US films and why so many Hollywood films also have a china location. With this title: "Big trouble in Little China" this sucker will finanse itself in about four seconds

When this film came out, a lot of Chinese Americans were upset with the stereo typical portrayals and whatnot so I am not sure this film was all that popular with that market. They talk about it in that EW article I mentioned.

Unfortunately, the remake will never be as good as the original. Too much will be changed. I loved this movie since it came out and I saw it in the theater so I hope it's going to be good but I doubt it. I am happy that they are making this though, and I will be getting it.

When this film came out, a lot of Chinese Americans were upset with the stereo typical portrayals and whatnot so I am not sure this film was all that popular with that market. They talk about it in that EW article I mentioned.

I know :) I'm just saying that this is easy to finance with chinese money, as they don't have to invent a chinese character or china related stuff - it's all right here. The title for this film in danish is (translated back) Who does the chinese jump for?

Carpenter did some of the greatest flick in the history of cinema and he's a very underrated director. Halloween, The Thing, Escape From New York. These are all cinematic landmarks. And I don't agree with "everyone's a caricature" in a Carpenter film. Not even in BTILC, Jack is a very unusual hero, Hollywood simply had no idea what to do with the movie when released. And yeah, he used real chinese to play chinese. This is my favorite Carpenter film, but I also love The Fog, Starman and In the mouth of Madness

I would love to own this figure, but it's a SS product.

(and will not live up)

Carpenter did some of the greatest flick in the history of cinema and he's a very underrated director. Halloween, The Thing, Escape From New York. These are all cinematic landmarks. And I don't agree with "everyone's a caricature" in a Carpenter film. Not even in BTILC, Jack is a very unusual hero, Hollywood simply had no idea what to do with the movie when released. And yeah, he used real chinese to play chinese. This is my favorite Carpenter film, but I also love The Fog, Starman and In the mouth of Madness

Did you go see him on his current tour playing his Themes? It was amazing! I agree, Carpenter is easily one of my favorite directors.

Mama don't like tattletales. Everyone in Esacpe from NY were perfectly normal. Jack "born ready" Burton was an over the top blundering fool of a hero. All of these movies called for something "not normal" which is typical of a Carpenter film, maybe not all but definitely some. That's what made them great.

Any chance they make other character beside Jack Burton? I would love to see a Lo Pan and the three god.

Ya, I'm not looking forward to the reboot. I typically like Rock, he's got a lot of charm, but I don't know that he can pull of "Jack Burton". Part of what made that character so great to watch, was that he was out of his depth the entire movie, but was still desperately trying to maintain an illusion of confidence.
It would be hard to imagine a hero the physical size of Rock, being out of his element during an action scene...

Carpenter summed up Jack Burton as "a bumbling side kick who thinks he is the hero". One of the main producers said "he is a blowhard who is constantly out of his depth but incapable of realizing it". A great character for sure. Kurt really nailed all the intonations and helped build this character more than just what was written. I am sure the Rock will do a fine job and put his own twist on it but there is no beating Russel's Burton.

has the new movie even been green lit? haven't heard anything about it since the grumblings a year ago...

Back