SSC Jack Burton Big Trouble in Little China Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not tryin to be a bummer but didnt the proto for snake look incredible also and the prod not so much?

I think production Plissken is fine.

snake_plissken_01.jpg

Looks fine to me.

Prolly would like the poncho more than the jean jacket, but neither are going to be used.

I was pretty excited when I saw this at the show. The Guardian is too small but still a cool inclusion. I think the sculpt could be better but it is readily identifiable as both the actor and the character he portrays.

I have to disagree on the Snake thing though, I think the production came out beyond sub-par and was super disappointed with it. If Jack turns out like Snake I will be passing for sure. I really hope that Sideshow steps up and delivers on this guy after so many disappointments of late.

People got way better pics than mine but here are a couple I took on my cell phone

20160723_152038.jpg
20160723_152045.jpg

By the way, apparently they have announced a remake with the Rock as Jack Burton.

The issue of Entertainment Weekly with the Dark Tower on the cover has a cool article that has Kurt, John Carpenter the guy who played his buddy and the guy who played Lo-Pan all commenting on the original script (it was re-written by the guy who did Buckaroo Bonzai), the production, and on what Kurt added to the mix (he came up with the shooting the ceiling and getting knocked out and the lipstick things for example). It is a good read for sure.

I think the proto paint helped the Snake head because the sculpt wasn't very strong. I think this one looks more like Russel and has a solid character likeness too. Even if the paint is weak, I think this one will still be a winner.

By the way, apparently they have announced a remake with the Rock as Jack Burton.

The issue of Entertainment Weekly with the Dark Tower on the cover has a cool article that has Kurt, John Carpenter the guy who played his buddy and the guy who played Lo-Pan all commenting on the original script (it was re-written by the guy who did Buckaroo Bonzai), the production, and on what Kurt added to the mix (he came up with the shooting the ceiling and getting knocked out and the lipstick things for example). It is a good read for sure.

Thanks. Will try to get that

Almost considering getting a second head and making a lipstick version.

Yeah, the poncho would be great, but I'm okay with what we get. As long as they try their best to make it good

Despite enjoying some of what the Rock has done I was really disappointed when I heard they were remaking it. I would have even been ok had Russel reprised his role as Jack Burton and the Rock was along for the ride in a sequel, but reboot? Blah

Despite enjoying some of what the Rock has done I was really disappointed when I heard they were remaking it. I would have even been ok had Russel reprised his role as Jack Burton and the Rock was along for the ride in a sequel, but reboot? Blah

Yeah, I like the Rock ok but I was really disappointed to hear of another remake as well. Kurt was pretty indifferent though, he just said "why not?".

After seeing what the original team did with the sequel to Escape from New York, I am really ok with it being left alone but Hollywood learns no lessons when it comes to remakes. There are one million ideas not on the screen yet, I just don't get rehashing everything to death.

Its because the idea is there is a built in market. Its the same reason Broadway revives musicals over and over. People will often go see something becuase its familiar.

If a remake gets made I'd probably see it. Still wouldn't lessen my love for the original. I'm just glad there's finally a quality piece (SSC qc suspect or no) worth picking up.

Looks promising, for me the surprise of the comic con.

Curious to see this standing next to the also upcoming the thing McReady because I am trying to resist and only get of the two.

Looks promising, for me the surprise of the comic con.

Curious to see this standing next to the also upcoming the thing McReady because I am trying to resist and only get of the two.

I like this more than McReady. We only have the 1 production head in hand so far but I think this is the best licenses likeness of Kurt we have seen so far.

Makes sense... Kurt Russell played Elvis in one of his first roles... (or was it his actual first? I can't remember)

Way off, Elvis came out in 79 and by this point he had well over 50 credited roles in various television shows and movies. His first role was uncredited and he played Kevin in Dennis the Menace in 1962. The episode was titled, "Wilson's second childhood."

Back