SSC Jack Burton Big Trouble in Little China Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure didn't take long for this thread to sink and I dont think its because of the head sculpt or because its not open for orders. This will be a small market and the fact that SS is even doing it makes me happy.

attachment.php

Me to I don't care really that is sideshow making it their last few figures turned out to be good. I regretted cancelling the indy figure. This is a grail for me.

Sure didn't take long for this thread to sink and I dont think its because of the head sculpt or because its not open for orders. This will be a small market and the fact that SS is even doing it makes me happy.

attachment.php

Its all about the quality of the collector and not the quantity. Don't want any old riff-raff collecting BTILC figures do we? :dunno

Me to I don't care really that is sideshow making it their last few figures turned out to be good. I regretted cancelling the indy figure. This is a grail for me.

Only real concern I have with this one is how bad will the seam on the hairline be and I hope they paint the eyes and not use that static PERS thing. I think other than the big hat, the Indy head was pretty good. I do think SS is doing well with tailoring and as long as they dont do a switchero, I like the SS bodies proportions more than HT. This one looks to have even wider hips than normal which fits well for Burton and if the the torso was just a touch longer it would actually look like a fit, normal human body. And even if for some reason not all of the about happen, its still going to be a solid figure to tweak.

Only real concern I have with this one is how bad will the seam on the hairline be and I hope they paint the eyes and not use that static PERS thing.

If I remember correctly, I think they have abandoned the separate eye plate system because of the disasters that the figures that used it turned out to be.

I was thinking more along the lines of demographic but yes you're right, no pieces of **** get to own Jack mutha ****ing Burton.

This seems like a very beloved license so please don't settle for crap. If this is priced at $150 which it won't be then shortcomings can be forgiven, but this thing will be closer to $220 and knowing SS it'll be $240 shortcomings should be little to none. I don't want to hear about material cost going up I get that, but when the quality doesn't go up as well...well. Ultimately you'll decide what's reasonable and what's not. To my eye that Jack looks really good enough to even consider paying $220 for it. However, SS's tracking record hasn't lived up to today's standards and that's sad.

Even some of the worst outings from SS, I have been able to tweak a bit to make me more than satisfied with the figure so no matter what shows up at my door will be fun for me.

This seems like a very beloved license so please don't settle for crap. If this is priced at $150 which it won't be then shortcomings can be forgiven, but this thing will be closer to $220 and knowing SS it'll be $240 shortcomings should be little to none. I don't want to hear about material cost going up I get that, but when the quality doesn't go up as well...well. Ultimately you'll decide what's reasonable and what's not. To my eye that Jack looks really good enough to even consider paying $220 for it. However, SS's tracking record hasn't lived up to today's standards and that's sad.

:clap

I understand that with better quality, you have to pay more. Hot Toys is 220 standard now. Maybe even 240. If SS wants 220, they better deliver Hot Toys quality. This pic is far from Hot Toys quality. Blitzway is HT quality. Threzero very close. I love BTILC. This is my movie. Jack Burton was my teenage hero. This figure is a dream come true, but when I buy this, when I give SS my money, I want to feel that they respect that. That they know they selling me a piece of my childhood. I feel like Blitzway does that with Ghostbusters. They have done it properly. HT almost always deliver. I wasn't too keen with Marty (the first), but when I opened up that box, it wasn't just a figure, it was filled with dreams and childhood and respect - awe, for Marty, the film and me. I look at this Jack Burton and I see someone looking to make some cash off some stupid nerd. But maybe SS ups their game and they deliver on the day of judgement. Until then, we'll have what looks like a cheap knock off from a Hot Toys product.

I just hope it doesn't have the same problem Snake Plissken had with the funky feet that wouldn't sit flat.

i dont know why you guys dont like the hair. They are perfect. 80's finest.

It's too high and wide, and too long in the back for what is on screen.

I actually think if anything is too high it's his forehead. Overall as said above I think this is much better than custom heads I've seen.

Only way I would have been good with the Harley hat would have been a separate hair piece which we know wouldn't have happened. I better bust out my Lo Pan build :)

Back