SSC G.I. Joe Baroness

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WTF......Roboskull?

https://www.bloodforthebaron.com/toys/002/redshadows/004/index.html

Huh. Never heard about this, kind of cool skull Tie Fighter thing. I would liked to have one of these.
Well, I had two Firebats, so I guess that makes up for it.

BTW, Brilliant paint job on the Skystriker!

Thanks.
It was a lot more than a repaint. I removed the cogwheels that linked the wings to the wheel mechanisms(Then linked the wings together separately so the wings would pivot regardless of the landing gear position), relocated the landing gear mechanism switch to the underside, and added upper and lower hull details the Skystriker was missing.
Full WIP images here: https://s52.photobucket.com/user/Al...en/library/SkyStriker?sort=6&start=all&page=1

And yeah. The Roboskull was a great vehicle. Really menacing. Bizarrely, in a very early scratchbuilding kick(When i was only about nine or ten), i once came across a sheep's skull out walking in the hills with my aunt and uncle, and(always inspired by the Roboskull) made a new Red Shadows vehicle from the skull after bleaching the thing for a few days to kill off any organisms.
I know. Sometimes i creep myself out...
:rotfl

Thanks.
It was a lot more than a repaint. I removed the cogwheels that linked the wings to the wheel mechanisms(Then linked the wings together separately so the wings would pivot regardless of the landing gear position), relocated the landing gear mechanism switch to the underside, and added upper and lower hull details the Skystriker was missing.
Full WIP images here: https://s52.photobucket.com/user/Al...en/library/SkyStriker?sort=6&start=all&page=1

And yeah. The Roboskull was a great vehicle. Really menacing. Bizarrely, in a very early scratchbuilding kick(When i was only about nine or ten), i once came across a sheep's skull out walking in the hills with my aunt and uncle, and(always inspired by the Roboskull) made a new Red Shadows vehicle from the skull after bleaching the thing for a few days to kill off any organisms.
I know. Sometimes i creep myself out...
:rotfl

:horror
I can't imagine the look on the other parents faces when you came over to play with that thing in hand. :lol

Wow, the mods you did on the Skystriker are amazing! Light up engines!! :panic:
The landing gear extending when the wings were out bugged me too, I wish Hasbro cared enough to update the Striker for the 25th, I would've bought one at full price if they did.

Mad modeling skills you have there! :rock

:horror
I can't imagine the look on the other parents faces when you came over to play with that thing in hand. :lol

That's kind of what i was like. Everyone knew it, and didn't fight it, lol.
I added engines to that sheep's skull, and although it would freak me out if i saw kids doing it now, i even removed the top of the skull so a figure would fit in there...
I often wonder if my family thought i wasn't normal.
Wow, the mods you did on the Skystriker are amazing! Light up engines!! :panic:
The landing gear extending when the wings were out bugged me too, I wish Hasbro cared enough to update the Striker for the 25th, I would've bought one at full price if they did.

Mad modeling skills you have there! :rock

Thanks a lot. That one got a lot of interest on the GI Joe forums.
At 9 years old, i was making 3d papercraft models of the firefox for my Joes to fly in. Scratchbuilding and modding was only an extension.

I forgot i had an m-16 in hand she looks better now all i have to do is switch bods and put a scope on rifle and she is good to go.

I forgot i had an m-16 in hand she looks better now all i have to do is switch bods and put a scope on rifle and she is good to go.

Will be interested to see how the body swap goes... if your using her head its pretty big compared to other female figures.

I gathered that but I can't abide by her height anymore seeing her the same height as everyone else bugs me. Ironically TTL body offset my princess leia head I might see if that works 1st before i try 2 other bodies. So far her head is as big as the triad heads

I gathered that but I can't abide by her height anymore seeing her the same height as everyone else bugs me. Ironically TTL body offset my princess leia head I might see if that works 1st before i try 2 other bodies. So far her head is as big as the triad heads

yeah, it really bothers me too! good luck.

Hey guys tried the triad and ttl pro=s and cons ttl the neck is perfect for using with baroness but the post isn't it needs to be a ball to work, same problem with triad plus triad has a short neck so she looks like a cartoon hit with mallot.

i have been looking at the flirty girl body that came with the steam punk and she has the same neck joint as baroness and body better than triad. the flirtygirl body will be the replacement body. even the ankle post for SSC will fit that body and wrist pegs will work with baroness hands just paint black. PS yes the medium bust works with the chestplate. when i get time I'll make pics.

So fear not freaks there is a replacement body looks like ill need one probably for harley too.

$_57.JPG

Last edited:
While in line at the movie theater, there was a chick in front of me that was at least 6'2".

Should have told her that height is unacceptable for a female and she needed a body swap.

Her height works for me. But, I like my women tall.... (And short.... And average.....)

azatanan.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391670777.449690.jpg
I switched out her Steyr-Aug with an aftermarket one.... It's a little smaller, and the green is a nice switch-up to the "all black" theme of the Baroness set....

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391670762.870512.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391670762.870512.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 328
While in line at the movie theater, there was a chick in front of me that was at least 6'2".

Should have told her that height is unacceptable for a female and she needed a body swap.

Unacceptable!

Should have punched her in the stomach.

Nice shots, Lawless. Little creepy though.

Hey guys tried the triad and ttl pro=s and cons ttl the neck is perfect for using with baroness but the post isn't it needs to be a ball to work, same problem with triad plus triad has a short neck so she looks like a cartoon hit with mallot.

i have been looking at the flirty girl body that came with the steam punk and she has the same neck joint as baroness and body better than triad. the flirtygirl body will be the replacement body. even the ankle post for SSC will fit that body and wrist pegs will work with baroness hands just paint black. PS yes the medium bust works with the chestplate. when i get time I'll make pics.

So fear not freaks there is a replacement body looks like ill need one probably for harley too.

I think a tall Baroness is fitting but, I'm curious to see what she looks like on other bodies. I still think her head might look big on anything smaller. I think pics would be most helpful here Groovy. Have you actually tried it out on the flirty girl body?

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

if shes was 6'2" it wouldnt be so bad but shes waaaaay over that.
as fof the "i love my women" & "i dont a problem with tall women" etc. comments, do you guys have REAL girlfriends? im not looking for someone to bang on my toy shelf, im looking for a Baroness to stand next to Major Bludd.

do you guys have REAL girlfriends?

Dude, seriously? You're better than that.

My comment basically alluded to the fact that I've dated girls who were 4'11" and girls who were 6'4". I've dated girls from every continent, excepting Australia and Antarctica (I worked on cruise ships for 3 1/2 years, which can give you some great opportunities amongst crew members) and enjoyed them all. I encourage guys to not have a "type"- give all interesting girls a shot, until you find that special one.

I've been living with my future wife for the past three plus years, and am a very lucky guy to have such a cool, intelligent, geeky girl into life.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391688862.361499.jpg

{ps- no "sleeper hold" comments, please.... ;-) }

Back