SSC G.I. Joe Baroness

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Baroness' original Weapon looks to be based on the Valmet RK62 also known as the M62 fitted with a scope and a short mag:
x809.jpg

t5jr.jpg

I could be wrong. if anyone else has a better match post it.
I don't think anyone has made it in 1:6 scale yet.

that with a scope would be perfect!

good luck with the heels hope they look good, but no... she really didnt.
in fact, her heels were even flatter than the ones she already has!
look... totally flat!

im refering to comic book and cartoon most of the 3" toys were way off just look at scarlets bull hair cut and manly face

baroness.jpg

Last edited:
The Baroness' original Weapon looks to be based on the Valmet RK62 also known as the M62 fitted with a scope and a short mag:
x809.jpg

t5jr.jpg

I could be wrong. if anyone else has a better match post it.
I don't think anyone has made it in 1:6 scale yet.

this would be awesome if someone would make this, wonder if mondo would do it wasn't he making 80's repro's in 1/6th scale?

it kinda looks like a russian rifle i saw before

Last edited:
this would be awesome if someone would make this, wonder if mondo would do it wasn't he making 80's repro's in 1/6th scale?

it kinda looks like a russian rifle i saw before

Since it's based on the AK-47, it would be easy to just cut the front and back ends off that or an AK-74 and make new ones that look more like the Baroness' weapon.
I'm not going to do it, I prefer something more modern for her like the Sig.

Its all about the toys/card art... the cartoons were just an advertising campaign. The UK Action Force comics were based on the actu toys... loved the artwork!

Well, I think I can claim to be one of the stupidest Sideshow collectors, I just received my Baroness (From eBay), it took me all of 2 minutes to snap her left lower arm off :( Anyone else managed to destroy the thing yet? I must say, that elbow joint is REALLY fragile! Also, is there a knack to removing the head? I tried pulling it and the lower neck pulled out before the top ball joint came apart.

Well, I think I can claim to be one of the stupidest Sideshow collectors, I just received my Baroness (From eBay), it took me all of 2 minutes to snap her left lower arm off :( Anyone else managed to destroy the thing yet? I must say, that elbow joint is REALLY fragile! Also, is there a knack to removing the head? I tried pulling it and the lower neck pulled out before the top ball joint came apart.

Did you head up the head first?

Is that what you're supposed to do? All my other SS GI joes are fairly easy to pull the heads off, this one felt more like I was breaking it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its all about the toys/card art... the cartoons were just an advertising campaign. The UK Action Force comics were based on the actu toys... loved the artwork!

Yup, hard to beat the painted artwork of 70's and 80's toys.

I also love how that mullet looking Gung Ho is taking pride in blowing away Cobra Troopers and Major Bludd just grabbed something major on Baroness.

Yup, hard to beat the painted artwork of 70's and 80's toys.

I also love how that mullet looking Gung Ho is taking pride in blowing away Cobra Troopers and Major Bludd just grabbed something major on Baroness.

Looks like Telly Savalas.

Is that what you're supposed to do? All my other SS GI joes are fairly easy to pull the heads off, this one felt more like I was breaking it?

It's just a general rule. If it's tight to come off, don't force it. Dunk the head in boiling water(Or heat it up with a hair dryer), and then it will pop on/off easily enough.
Works for hands, feet, necks and boots.
A little heat makes all the parts expand a bit and become less tight.

Looks like Telly Savalas.

It's just a general rule. If it's tight to come off, don't force it. Dunk the head in boiling water(Or heat it up with a hair dryer), and then it will pop on/off easily enough.
Works for hands, feet, necks and boots.
A little heat makes all the parts expand a bit and become less tight.

Ah right! thank for that :)

No worries.

Also, that art reminds me of the toys i had when i was young. I had the Roboskull! And almost all those figures. I played with them till they crumbled.
And more recently, a 2011 Skystriker i reworked into a more accurate F-14.

IMG_6137.jpg

IMG_6138.jpg

No worries.

Also, that art reminds me of the toys i had when i was young. I had the Roboskull! And almost all those figures. I played with them till they crumbled.
And more recently, a 2011 Skystriker i reworked into a more accurate F-14.

WTF......Roboskull?

https://www.bloodforthebaron.com/toys/002/redshadows/004/index.html

The Roboskull was an original Palitoy design. Red Wolf was the pilot, exclusive to this ship. It was later repackaged as a Cobra vehicle when the AF range was re-launched in 1985.

a three-seater fighter with rotating wings. The toy featured four removable red searchlights and four removable red booster surrounds, these are often missing from ones that come up for sale.

Huh. Never heard about this, kind of cool skull Tie Fighter thing. I would liked to have one of these.
Well, I had two Firebats, so I guess that makes up for it.

BTW, Brilliant paint job on the Skystriker!

Back