SSC G.I. Joe Baroness

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Bludd codes makes for one hell of a deal for those that missed him, also. Great time to fill in some gaps indeed. :duff

Maybe the line would of lasted longer if the prices weren't so high and then they maybe would of sold more units?

they can sell them at discount now,but they couldn't of sold them for cheaper then?? Maybe we would still have a Joe line going right now

We might if they had, yeah.

They could have started raising prices for two reasons. 1) the line was selling well and they wanted to bank on their success, or 2) the line was not selling well, and they needed to make up for their failure. I suppose there's a third reason, that being the increasing complexity of the figures. I think Zartan was the first to hit $160, but Flint was $125 and I don't see how he was more involved than Duke, Snake Eyes or the Cobra troopers. The Viper at $140 made sense, and I can see an argument for Bludd, Baroness and Destro being up there, but I know I started cancelling figures when it came time to cough up $180 +shipping.

Whatever the reason, they needed to keep a lot of people extremely satisfied at those prices if they were going to move the volume they needed to stay afloat. Whether by greed or necessity is immaterial. Their market dried up and that's all there is to it.

If they wanted to attempt to make this an expensive line, they should have made them deluxe releases. Put their updated spin on it etc... then include a RaH era sculpt and clothing. Why not? Most characters were getting two sculpts anyways, Destro is the easiest to point at atm, with 2 heads and neither being Rah, which was the template for over 20 of the 30 or so Destro figures made over the last 3 decades. Kinda points to its popularity just a bit. Anyways, as prices increased it got harder to buy characters that were near hits or misses to what I wanted knowing the amount of work I'd need to put into them to be happy with what I was buying.

The cost and the perceived value of their Joes are what killed the line. People just didn't see Sideshow's version of these characters as worth what they're asking. If Sideshow made these with bodies on par with True Types, gave us realistic looking sculpts with great paint, and gave us unique to GI Joe costumes and accessories that were as detailed as what's produced by Soldier Story and Dam then they would've sold a lot better. Being more faithful to the original design also would've helped.

Baroness, Destro, and Bludd are always on sale but the ones I'm missing are Cobra Commander V2 and Storm Shadow V2 which never go on sale. Hopefully they'll finally have a good deal on CC and SS for Spooktacular.

The cost and the perceived value of their Joes are what killed the line. People just didn't see Sideshow's version of these characters as worth what they're asking. If Sideshow made these with bodies on par with True Types, gave us realistic looking sculpts with great paint, and gave us unique to GI Joe costumes and accessories that were as detailed as what's produced by Soldier Story and Dam then they would've sold a lot better. Being more faithful to the original design also would've helped.

Baroness, Destro, and Bludd are always on sale but the ones I'm missing are Cobra Commander V2 and Storm Shadow V2 which never go on sale. Hopefully they'll finally have a good deal on CC and SS for Spooktacular.

CC is on sale G.I. Joe Cobra Commander Sixth Scale Figure by Sideshow Coll | Sideshow Collectibles

Thanks for the notice! That discount is good, but 10% + 20% off is better and they have been giving out those discounts recently. I'll wait and see if they give a better discount before Spook is over.

don't forget free shipping and double RP to go with him....I wish I could of gotten my commander with this deal,but that is what happens to loyal fans to a particular line (they get to pay full price)

I feel ripped off. My last five SS preorders all hit the sale bin.:slap
You'd think we would be the ones to win any of those competitions... I only enter ones I want.

I feel ripped off. My last five SS preorders all hit the sale bin.:slap
You'd think we would be the ones to win any of those competitions... I only enter ones I want.
:slap
Yep. See that and raise you all the HT Retaliation figures they are giving away now that I got zinged full retail for as well.

So glad I supported the Joe line by paying Sideshow's bloated full retail prices on pre-orders...

Yeah I pre-ordered the EX. I thought even though there wasn't a limit that she would sell out fairly quick. Or at least soon after the actual release. I never thought that Sideshow would have the EX with free shipping and I believe double points at one point. Not sure if the EX had the discount. But I'm saving points and making sure that if and when Scarlett comes out I get her or some Sideshow figure or statue for free.

Maybe the line would of lasted longer if the prices weren't so high and then they maybe would of sold more units?

they can sell them at discount now,but they couldn't of sold them for cheaper then?? Maybe we would still have a Joe line going right now

Exactly. Like I posted in my small review maybe the Baroness is worth full price with the EX head sculpt and larger base. Sideshow even displayed her at SDCC with the larger base. But without those no way. Yet she is the best Baroness so I'm happy with that.

So, as you may or may not know, I won a Baroness figure from a contest here. I'm super excited about getting this figure. I am already planning on how I'm going to customize her. I was thinking about changing out the body, but from what I've seen, the SSC one looks pretty good. I really like the stilettos Mr.Clean put on his and am looking into that. What other shoes or boot feet will fit the SSC pegs? Also, does anyone have theirs displayed without the shin armor? I'm thinking of just leaving the boots and kinda want to see what that looks like. Thanks!

Congrats! :duff

I bought the baroness just right now. $122. Wow.

:hi5:

She's pretty spectacular. Rifle seems a bit large, and the magazine compartments on her belt are pretty awkward, but the leather and armor is great. Body suit too. It's a shame they only made one female because her bum is very nice. Only mod I'm considering is hacking off that stupid keyhole and thong.

Back