SSC Flint

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went with the 7th group flash because it's the closest match to a real SF flash to what they gave Flint.
l.jpg

I think this is the SF flash I'm going with.
7284_1_b_1007_1.jpg

Hrm. . .Evilface, could you do this as a little decal? And/or the one that he originally came with? My preference would actually be a cartoon accurate one, even if it isn't accurate to anything in the real world.

Great mods, guys. When my Rock N Roll arrives, I plan on doing the beret switcharoo myself.

Hrm. . .Evilface, could you do this as a little decal? And/or the one that he originally came with? My preference would actually be a cartoon accurate one, even if it isn't accurate to anything in the real world.

Great mods, guys. When my Rock N Roll arrives, I plan on doing the beret switcharoo myself.

He can make that one for sure.

I've got some printable cloth that I was going to print some flashes out on this weekend and see how it looks. I also just secured some of Dusty's patches for Duke so now I can swap the arm patches around the way I wanted them in the first place. US Flag on the right arm (stars field forward) and the GI Joe unit patch on the left arm.
004-2.jpg
003-3.jpg

I think I can hook you both up. Let me put my hands on the Flint tapes for you tonight Elvis and I'll confirm I got you covered and when my Dusty patches come in you're welcome to the Tadur tape Starfighter.

I need to find his shirt, pants, and patch set, seems stupid to buy the whole figure when I plan on changing everything.

I can find his pants on ebay just fine, it's his shirt that I can't get a hold of.

I think I can hook you both up. Let me put my hands on the Flint tapes for you tonight Elvis and I'll confirm I got you covered and when my Dusty patches come in you're welcome to the Tadur tape Starfighter.

Awesome, thanks man.

I need to find his shirt, pants, and patch set, seems stupid to buy the whole figure when I plan on changing everything.

I can find his pants on ebay just fine, it's his shirt that I can't get a hold of.

Just buy hawk shirt and dye it black?

Awesome, thanks man.

Just buy hawk shirt and dye it black?

Good idea, I've just had no experience dyeing cloth.
The shirts are a little different (red tabs on Flint's) but dyeing might be the answer. Hawk's shirt is also not available right now but should be a lot easier to find then Flint's shirt.

Nope. The SS flash was hard enough to cut. The one from the Toon might be possible. The other would need to be printed, way to detailed.

Many thanks.

The harness was fairly easy to put together. I took two Dragon cloth shoulder harnesses and cut the front straps off one and the back straps off the other. Super glued the two pieces together, you can see the overlap at Flint's name tape. Take a bowl and added about an inch of water (enough to cover the bandolier) added some olive drab acrylic paint. Then I cut the two bandoliers off of the original tan harness and dipped them into an acrylic paint bath one at a time. Pick them out and turn a hair dryer on it until it's dry, then repeat the process until you get the color you want when it's dry. Repeat for the other side and then glue them to you harness. This also take care of the curling up issue mention before.

Almost forgot, don't use a paper towel to dry them, it pulls the paint out with the water. Hold them with needle nose pliers above the bowl and left them drip a little then hit them with the high heat.

Last edited:
THe head is from those DAM fig from Black Hawk Down.
It is supposed to be Josh Hartnett.

It looks like him, I was about to reply to your pic and ask if you purposely painted him to look like the Blackhawk down kid, glad I scrolled down.

Back