SSC Catwoman 1/6 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was told if you use the $20 off code on this, Snideshow will then charge you for shipping, even though you check out with free shipping. If that's true, I will just cancel.

I was told if you use the $20 off code on this, Snideshow will then charge you for shipping, even though you check out with free shipping. If that's true, I will just cancel.

The Sideshow Collectibles' Catwoman Sixth Scale Figure does not have a Free U.S. shipping offer attached to it at this time. That said, if it did and one decided to use a coupon code on it, then they would not be able to redeem both discounts on the piece (so the Free shipping discount would be stripped off). This is per Sideshow's terms and conditions for almost all coupon codes.

-SideshowAlex

Okay... with respect sir, I don't care what the shipping "currently" is, it clearly said FREE when I placed my order and I also don't care what weaselly block of legalese text is located on a page somewhere on the site somewhere that may negate what is shown on my checkout page. I only know I ordered this for $169.99 with free shipping (which is all I'm willing to pay for this figure) and if Sideshow wants to later add an as-yet-unknown amount to that price just before shipping and give me some usual, officious snide "umm sir, it was clearly stated in the blahblahblah if you had bothered to read our blah blah" I would rather not place any more orders with places that want to penalize their customers so much for daring to use a code to save a small amount on the enormous costs of their ever-rising prices.

I understand you not liking how more than one discount cannot be used on an item especially with the rising cost of things. that's understandable. None of us do. None of us like the fact that we can't get reward points when using a discount either. But that's how it is. All I was saying to show a little appreciation for Alex coming in and trying to explain the policy a bit more to you:dunno

Okay... with respect sir, I don't care what the shipping "currently" is, it clearly said FREE when I placed my order and I also don't care what weaselly block of legalese text is located on a page somewhere on the site somewhere that may negate what is shown on my checkout page. I only know I ordered this for $169.99 with free shipping (which is all I'm willing to pay for this figure) and if Sideshow wants to later add an as-yet-unknown amount to that price just before shipping and give me some usual, officious snide "umm sir, it was clearly stated in the blahblahblah if you had bothered to read our blah blah" I would rather not place any more orders with places that want to penalize their customers so much for daring to use a code to save a small amount on the enormous costs of their ever-rising prices.

Hi again!

This piece has never been available with Free U.S. shipping since it went up for Pre-Order in late September. If you are using a $20 coupon code you must have acquired it in one of two ways...

-Through the pack out postcard that went out with an order you received recently from Sideshow Collectibles. If that is the case then all terms and conditions are stated right on the card (including the notation that multiple discounts cannot be applied on the same order).

-Online somewhere without the original poster posting the proper terms and conditions that went along with the code when they received it. Unfortunately when this occurs this is where the confusion happens and as such I'm sorry that you were not aware when that person posted said code that there were Terms and Conditions that went along with it.

For reference, here is the T&C that is attached to a newer coupon code available at this time (and is also almost the same T&C used for past coupon code promotions...the only difference are blackout dates/expiration dates).

Coupon code ********* can only be used once per account / household and only on new orders of $45 or more, after code is applied. This coupon code is not redeemable for cash and cannot be combined with any other site discounts, FREE shipping deals, reward points, gift certificates, gift cards, even if checkout allows it. *Coupon code cannot be applied to any Sideshow Collectibles or Hot Toys items that became / becomes available for Pre-Order or In-Stock from September 23rd, 2013 - October 31, 2013! This coupon code will expire on October 31, 2013 at 11:59PM (Pacific Time), or while supplies last.

Again, many apologies that there has been some confusion about the coupon code you recently used. It sounds like it was posted somewhere online without the proper T&C by a coupon recipient.

Additionally I am a she...not a he.

-SideshowAlex

Oh Snap.

Alex - 1
brebo - 0

Which Batwoman the lesbian or Kathy Kane (the original one) I personally want the original one. DCD told me they don't have any intentions in making her 1/6th scale. sideshow hasn't even done a PF of her.

tumblr_molcukZeH61rpgmu7o2_500.jpg

original

Batwoman2006.jpg

modern
Id buy a Batwoman, Batgirl, & Poison Ivy.

if they gave batwoman all her original accessories and maybe the alt costume for people who want the modern one and the head sculpt it would be the ultimate batwoman set. it would please every batwoman fan. because those who like the classic like me would keep her as such, and those who like the modern will be happy with her as well.

dc comics and warner bro's under estimate how many fans of batwoman are out there. I went as her for a convention and she has popularity I have seen a lot of cosplay for her since a lot of women think she is cool.

i'll even throw sideshow a bone here is a schematic pic.

Batwoman-Design.jpg

it's for modern but original is more simple and easier to do.

Uggg, that red/yellow thing on the top looks HORRID.

The black/red looks best, but it doesn't matter as Batwoman isn't going to be made. :lol

Batgirl, prolly.

Poison Ivy, prolly already in the works.

Uggg, that red/yellow thing on the top looks HORRID.

Nice camel toe though.

I think this Catwoman figure looks great. It looks like the best 1/6 Catwoman to date in my opinion. The Takara one was cool, but looked like an anime doll. The Hot Toys one is boring and doesn't even embrace anything catlike, even with it's breakable google "ears".

This one seems just right. The red goggles look great as well as the cowl and gear. They nailed the second angry expression too. It almost looks like Michelle Pfeiffer in a way like when she was lashing out with Batman with her whip.

I honestly don't care if sideshow is making batwoman since im already going to re-vamp the one I did and make a bat symbol button for her utility purse.
I have some netting for her hair net, and im sure I can find a compact somewhere.
as for the new one her fan base is lower than the original according to some of the comic book stores. Ever since the comic book batman incorporated people younger than me have taken an interest in the red and yellow.

I don't think sideshow will make batwoman that is a risk I doubt they will leap to where as Batgirl and Poison Ivy is a safe bet.
however if they did take that risk she would be bought because everyone knows this will never happen again and will become the most sought after when she is sold out due to the uncommon nature. (once in a lifetime deal).

Last edited:
Sorry Alex. For the gender mischaracterization and the misdirected frustration. Thanks for your information. If what I saw when I ordered was an optical illusion or some other misperception on my part, I will have to reconsider the order, but in any case, I will take my ire over Sideshow's maze of discount gotchas out on them through proper channels, rather than on their representative here. Please continue with the thread about the figure itself and I apologize for this unpleasant interruption.

that was very big of you to apologize brebro. Good man. Awesome figure btw, but I just can't quite pull the trigger on these figures. Maybe once I see Batman, he can convince me to get into the line.

Yeah I myself am mostly interested in Batman and Superman. I wish there were more pics of batman though...

Mostly because I'm caught between this one, or the Medicom Hush one that I've seen.

the medico batman is ok but nothing to cheer about I think batman and superman will come out in late oct early November for pre-order so their is no worries.

Back