Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

I had to request a new body for mine, since his knee was warped under the fabric. Sadly, it means being on a waitlist for a few months. Has anyone received a replacement body from SS? Do they ask you to break the original body or return it in the mail?

I had to request a new body for mine, since his knee was warped under the fabric. Sadly, it means being on a waitlist for a few months. Has anyone received a replacement body from SS? Do they ask you to break the original body or return it in the mail?

I am not sure if they have any replacement bodies at this time. Some replacement bodies have gone out. They don't all fit properly in the base properly. As for what happens if you get a replacement, yes you have to destroy your other body within 5 days so check out the new one thoroughly VERY quickly.

It was a long journey but I finally received my exclusive Batman today.

I was primarily a 1/6 collector so when Batman was announced I really didn't pay much attention. Then I saw the Superman exclusive premium format and loved it. It was preordered on day one.

Once I had Superman on preorder, I took a good look at the Batman exclusive and knew I had to have it. It was too late to preorder and the wait list was closed. I found one on Ebay with a preorder with aamitchell07 that was too good to be true. Even though people told me to get my money back I hung in until January. I contacted her, received no response and fortunately got my money back from Ebay. That still left me without a Batman exclusive. I did end up getting the DC Direct Green Lantern Museum statue while tring to figure out my next step.

The wait list reopened. Unfortunately I didn't find out until the night of the 22nd. I watched many wait lists convert and watched for my email every day to no avail. I found one on Ebay for a reasonable price that the seller said they checked out and it didn't have any defects. I bid and I won. Now my hope was that it would make it to me in one piece.

Fast forward to today. The box came in the mail. The outside of the box looked rough. Even the inner box looked rough. I didn't care about that as long as the statue was alright. And it was!
No damage, chips, cape cracks, suit holes, etc. The pits are ok by me and the face paint looks great to me. I like the gritty look. I prefer Andy's head and it looks great that I have him high up and looking down. I couldn't be happier.

I have since preordered Wonder Woman to go with Supes and Bats. Looking forward to displaying the Trinity.

Congrats! I waitlisted about the same time as you did (on 22nd night) and till now, am still having that small hope that waitlist will convert. Somehow, I feel that we're pretty close to the top of the waitlist (since those who waitlisted on 21st alr converted) and it would just suck if we missed it. :/ In any case, congrats on getting this awesome statue and not having to face the headache and anxiety of not securing one! :)

Since you asked I decided to measure.

34.5"x21.5"x14"

It's effing huge.

Edit: And what kills me is Sinestro with the Saw Blade is the Length of this box...which is gigantic.

Thanks! Need to figure out where to keep all the boxes:(

Congrats! I waitlisted about the same time as you did (on 22nd night) and till now, am still having that small hope that waitlist will convert. Somehow, I feel that we're pretty close to the top of the waitlist (since those who waitlisted on 21st alr converted) and it would just suck if we missed it. :/ In any case, congrats on getting this awesome statue and not having to face the headache and anxiety of not securing one! :)

I'll have my fingers crossed that your wait list converts. Hopefully me dropping my wait list will help you with yours.
While I would have saved some money if mine converted, I was too stressed that it wouldn't.

I am not sure if they have any replacement bodies at this time. Some replacement bodies have gone out. They don't all fit properly in the base properly. As for what happens if you get a replacement, yes you have to destroy your other body within 5 days so check out the new one thoroughly VERY quickly.

Here is my replacement body 1508099_10152368355833072_1756694823_n.jpg

Some have reported converted from the 22nd earlier already, (this is in GMT time). I placed early morning on 22nd and am still waiting. My Reg is scheduled to ship on Mar6 if I dont get the conversion.

Awwww, man...that totally blows. Was your first one broken, too?

At least we know yours can do the river dance!

Yeah first one was absolutely perfect except batarang arm was broken at the shoulder and this is what they sent me as a replacement. I'm just giving up so i asked for a full refund. They want me to smash the whole thing and send pics, too bad cause someone could have used the heads, cape ,base, batarang. Wish i knew someone who still had their smashed statue and could take pictures for me to send in. I'm not paying $600 for this but at the same time i hate destroying the extra parts.

More and more I'm thinking I'll just take the $55 credit that was offered me, even though my bat symbol is peeling slightly too. I was told that if my replacement body had issues I could return it and still get my $55 credit, but it just seems like it might be a waste of time, considering all the issues, that other than the bat symbol my first body is perfect, and that a new one most likely wouldn't fit in the base, whereas the one I have now fits perfectly.

Yeah first one was absolutely perfect except batarang arm was broken at the shoulder and this is what they sent me as a replacement. I'm just giving up so i asked for a full refund. They want me to smash the whole thing and send pics, too bad cause someone could have used the heads, cape ,base, batarang. Wish i knew someone who still had their smashed statue and could take pictures for me to send in. I'm not paying $600 for this but at the same time i hate destroying the extra parts.

It's fairly easy to get Batman's shirt off, so the arm might be fixable if it is a clean enough break, and the shirt would cover up any signs of repairs...SS would still have to offer you a big credit to keep it in that condition, but it could be worth a shot before you smash it.

More and more I'm thinking I'll just take the $55 credit that was offered me, even though my bat symbol is peeling slightly too. I was told that if my replacement body had issues I could return it and still get my $55 credit, but it just seems like it might be a waste of time, considering all the issues, that other than the bat symbol my first body is perfect, and that a new one most likely wouldn't fit in the base, whereas the one I have now fits perfectly.

I don't know, bud...I'd probably wait and see what the replacement looks like before making a decision. At the very least, see if you can fix your logo to your liking before cancelling your replacement.

After some basic mods to my replacement (well, I did take a power tool to it, but it was an easy fix...believe me, I'm no handyman), I got it to fit in the base. Otherwise, my replacement is pristine.

Back