Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

I don't want to go the extra step and pull the statue out of my besta and take it apart, because he is heavy and I just finished working a twelve hour shift. So ergo I am lazy right now. I display mine in the besta, the lights don't shine directly on the foot so you can't see it unless you shine a light right on the spot and even then you can barely see the hole. I didn't go the extra step cause it wasn't necessary, but you could fill the hole in the base with epoxy and paint over it too. Anyway here is some pictures I hope they are helpful for you.

View attachment 94776View attachment 94777View attachment 94778View attachment 94779View attachment 94780View attachment 94781

Tell me about it...Batman is such a beast and such a pain to move around.

Thanks for the pics. It looks like the left heel on yours was overhanging the back edge of the hole in the base (so the foot basically covers the hole)? On mine, it's actually overhanging on the front edge of the base...so, if the foot were to sit flat, the hole in the base would stick out beyond the back edge of the heel.

I'll wait and see what SS offers. If they have no bodies, maybe they can send me a base that I can work on. I just don't want to make any mods to the one base I have and risk wrecking it.

Well, this Batman pf will be my final Sideshow piece.

I've been really spacing out purchases of new items lately because of the QC nightmares that seem to be more and more common. I ordered a regular edition from my dealer, which contained the following issues:

-Costume punctured/ripped in 2 spots on right arm.
-One head with scrapes on chin and chipped ears. The other head with a chipped ear that was just painted over in the factory.
-Main gargoyle's nose was partially chipped off and painted over in the factory. Several other chips and scrapes on back and sides of base.

My local dealer is a SAINT and he let me swap out parts with another statue he had in stock. The second one had various issues too... such as a base that was painted more poorly (didn't look as stone-like as the first one), threads loose in the stitching of the leather briefs, and a chip on the foot, which is fortunately completely hidden when the statue is plugged in to the base.

I ended up snipping the threads and keeping the more poorly painted base with the chipped foot because even if I wanted to keep the one with the broken nose, there's no way the statue would fit in it.

The replacement one I cobbled together looks presentable, but there's just way too much headache for an item of this price. If Sideshow were charging $100-200 less, I think people would be fine with minor flaws here and there. The reason they're giving out tons of partial refunds is because they're asking too much in the first place for products with basically no quality control measures in place. There's simply no excuse for replacement heads to be sent out with scratches all over them.

I was going to get Superman as well, but like I said... I'm done with this process. I have over 35 PFs and many more life size busts, maquettes and dioramas. But it just used to be easier to buy these back then. Maybe it's because the sculpts weren't as complex. This piece could have and should have been a home run hit, but QC strikes again.

Well, I just received my replacements. Cape is now flawless, but the heads....

More of the same. Paint missing on the chin. Should I just assume batman quickly gobbled a gyro on the job?

wow, that blows...sorry you got stuck with flawed replacement heads. I guess i was super lucky to get a clean replacement head...its actually painted far better than the original that came with the damaged ears.

i still havent heard back from SS regarding my replacement body not fitting into the base correctly, maybe ill send them a reminder email.

wow, that blows...sorry you got stuck with flawed replacement heads. I guess i was super lucky to get a clean replacement head...its actually painted far better than the original that came with the damaged ears.

i still havent heard back from SS regarding my replacement body not fitting into the base correctly, maybe ill send them a reminder email.

Let us know what they say, because I have the same issue, and I'm sure we're not alone.

Re: Sideshow Batman PF?

Since I got a new box with my replacement parts I did this tonight. Going to clean it up a bit more this weekend and I'll set up a download link

ujade8e5.jpg

Got my replacement cape today, and it was packed in a new box+shipper, so I'm stealing your idea :)

Let us know what they say, because I have the same issue, and I'm sure we're not alone.

sure thing, im gonna fire off the reminder email now. so just out of curiosity, does anyone think settling for a credit is a mistake, because i think SS is gonna stand firm on the no more replacement body stance. and i really dont want a new base that could arrive with problems

UPDATE:

ok i just emailed them, and let them know i needed a reply because i only have 5 days to provide photos of the destroyed pieces but didnt want to destroy anything yet in case they wanted to see pics of the original body in the base compared to the new body's fitment issues.

Has anyone taken pics of what the body looks like underneath the cloth? thanks!

UPDATE:

ok i just emailed them, and let them know i needed a reply because i only have 5 days to provide photos of the destroyed pieces but didnt want to destroy anything yet in case they wanted to see pics of the original body in the base compared to the new body's fitment issues.

I sent in pics of my peeling bat symbol last week and have yet to hear back. But in your case it's probably best to give them a call or chat online directly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My local comic shop has a paint workshop on Tuesday evenings, so I brought the head in with me. The guy there gave me some advice on how to fix it but wasn't 100% confident that it would turn out OK. Well I am extremely pleased with the results and have notified Sideshow to remove me from the waitlist for a replacement head. Here's is how it looks now:
CAM00057_zpsbe3ff247.jpg

I used FolkArt Coffee Latte 2559 and Game Color Smokey Ink 72068 water based acrylics and mixed to match as best I could. Also Mike from Sideshow suggested Zap-A-Gap glue for the bat emblem. I carefully applied it to the back of the wingtip with a toothpick, and it worked great.
CAM00061_zps01c3f3eb.jpg

I sent in pics of my peeling bat symbol last week and have yet to hear back. But in your case it's probably best to give them a call or chat online directly.

If I was you, I would call or chat as well. I recently have had issues with SS not getting my emails when more than 1 pic is attached (even though it was under the 5 MB limit).

I was under the impression the 5mb thing was a minimum picture size, not a maximum file limit.

Re: Sideshow Batman PF?

Question for those of you displaying him in a besta. Did you light him from above or below? His head is so close to the top I'm thinking of changing my plan and mounting lights on the shelf in front of his base.

My local comic shop has a paint workshop on Tuesday evenings, so I brought the head in with me. The guy there gave me some advice on how to fix it but wasn't 100% confident that it would turn out OK. Well I am extremely pleased with the results and have notified Sideshow to remove me from the waitlist for a replacement head. Here's is how it looks now:
CAM00057_zpsbe3ff247.jpg

I used FolkArt Coffee Latte 2559 and Game Color Smokey Ink 72068 water based acrylics and mixed to match as best I could. Also Mike from Sideshow suggested Zap-A-Gap glue for the bat emblem. I carefully applied it to the back of the wingtip with a toothpick, and it worked great.
CAM00061_zps01c3f3eb.jpg

Looks great!!! I don't even see where there was any issues. Well done.

Thanks! I surprised myself at how good it turned out, especially after talking to Mike at Sideshow and the guy at the comic shop. Neither sounded very optimistic that I would be able to cover the spots and have it match well. I'm just glad I don't have to worry about going through the hassle of getting a replacement head and body.

Ah ok. I must have misheard.

As for lighting, I think this piece has to be lit from below. He's sitting on a gargoyle that is on top of a building, the lights from the city below illuminate him.

where is the link for the online chat? all it says is click the link at the top of the page....dont see a link.

Last edited:
Back