Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

TRINITY!

kNrNTOI.jpg

Too many issues...mines going back....good luck waitlisters.

Sucks, here's hoping Sideshow starts using much better factories and artists in China. These are too expensive to accept flaws. I hope Supes arrives flaw-free but if he doesn't, I have no problem getting a refund. I would much prefer an awesome flawless PF of him tho.

Congrats bicoid18! Display looks Great! Though a bit more light on Bats PF (face) would make him look better. :)

The EB & HT 1/4 Batmen look pretty awesome! Have been thinking of getting out of 1/6 for the Nolan trilogy. Cape on BB looks fantastic! (Tony Meis'?

Yeah the EB Batman is wearing Tony's wired cape. Thanks for the tip! I followed your advice and moved my led light further forward to get more light on the face. It's definitely an improvement. The Martin Canale head really looks great as a result. The Andy B head doesn't benefit as much because it is slightly leaning forward.

8pn3.jpgry0i.jpg

Did it this morning. My pit fix (sorry for the phone pic, that's all I had):

The AB portrait

Same procedure with FabricTac. Thanks to Roberto and all those that went before me to give me the confidence to do this. I have nothing to contribute other than to give others some comfort that they can do it if they want to.

That looks great! It's hard not to be tempted to do the mod when the results look like that.

Do you guys think this is bad enough to request a new head? I'm really happy with the way the rest of the paint job turned out on the face.

Definitely request for a new head.

Damn that pic of the Trinity is too awesome! Too bad my wallet is all tapped out for the WW EX next week. :(

Man looking at that pic of Supe... His pit area is exactly the same as Bats, same angle, same stitching, same material, what makes us think that there's any way his pits wont sag just like Batman's? SS "officially" doesn't even consider Bats sag a defect so why would Supe come out any different? I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

Official Sideshow Batman PF

Man looking at that pic of Supe... His pit area is exactly the same as Bats, same angle, same stitching, same material, what makes us think that there's any way his pits wont sag just like Batman's? SS "officially" doesn't even consider Bats sag a defect so why would Supe come out any different? I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

Have you seen the Punisher PF? They pulled off his pits just fine. Who knows what went wrong with Batman...

I received my replacement for the long eared Andy B. head yesterday. I took a hammer to the damaged head today. It is a solid casting and would not break. Best I could do was bash the face in.

Yeah the EB Batman is wearing Tony's wired cape. Thanks for the tip! I followed your advice and moved my led light further forward to get more light on the face. It's definitely an improvement. The Martin Canale head really looks great as a result. The Andy B head doesn't benefit as much because it is slightly leaning forward.

MC's looking fantastic now! And, with lesser light, AB's looks quite menacing!

Wow! This is going to be one Epic display! :rock

I've been looking but haven't found any pictures of Sideshow's PF Batman next to the DC Direct Museum Green Lantern. Anybody have? I know Sideshow PF Green Lantern looks small next to Batman so I'm just curious how the DC Direct Version looks next to him.
Thanks

I've been looking but haven't found any pictures of Sideshow's PF Batman next to the DC Direct Museum Green Lantern. Anybody have? I know Sideshow PF Green Lantern looks small next to Batman so I'm just curious how the DC Direct Version looks next to him.
Thanks

Someone posted it I think on another forum and the DC Direct still looked small.

wut's going on? good thing Mr. Green not into Green Lantern. he looks between comiquette and PF. soup and WW better match up with bat, SSC. *shakes fist!*

Someone posted it I think on another forum and the DC Direct still looked small.

Yeah, it is in the pic I remember seeing. The problem is the same. Bats is on the larger side of 1/4 scale. Other pieces are going to look small next to him. That's just the way it is. I have the same problem with my original Spidey Com. He's huge and other 1/4 scale pieces don't match up as well with him. The BiB Spidey Com is true 1/4 scale for the character and looks much better next to my other 1/4 pieces.

I have the DC GL. When I get home I'll take a pic next to bats for you.

First of all, thanks for posting pics. Even with you propping up the piece, the DCD GL looks just about as small as the SSC GL PF does next to Bats. The biggest difference is that the DCD GL seems to have a little more girth to it. Bats is just a BEAST of a statue. There's no way around the fact that he's larger than 1/4 scale. Any PF that also isn't larger than 1/4 scale will just look off next to it.

Back