Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

Just sent it photos of the issues with mine. Hopefully they get back to me with some sort of good news.

In other news, I put this guy next to my Deadpool and Great Ultron PFs and he dwarves them! I have to find a new spot because he is making my other badass statues look puny.

View attachment 92019

Edit: I have no idea why this picture is upside down...

wall remind me of this one position I work at. they have this stupid idea of repainting the little office with the new colors; art deco style where every wall gets a different color. and it happened that the hallway leading to the back pantry or break room is painted in red on one side and blue on the other. so when ever I walk pass, the ceiling lights reflect on the glossy surface and I get this sick brown feeling in the middle. if done right, it could looks nice. turned out they sold their business like a year after I left.

wall remind me of this one position I work at. they have this stupid idea of repainting the little office with the new colors; art deco style where every wall gets a different color. and it happened that the hallway leading to the back pantry or break room is painted in red on one side and blue on the other. so when ever I walk pass, the ceiling lights reflect on the glossy surface and I get this sick brown feeling in the middle. if done right, it could looks nice. turned out they sold their business like a year after I left.

I hate these red walls. Previous owner had them painted this way and at first my fiance loved it so we kept it (they also had the bathrooms orange and the other bedroom green... Those all got repainted). Now she is sick of the red too but we are too lazy to move everything out of the bedroom to repaint, particularly since we plan to move in a year or two.

There are certain things I can't display against that wall. Deadpool is one of them but I don't have anywhere else to put him just yet.

Finally got to unboxing my Batman. Happy to say no QC Issues. Awesome Statue.

Awwww, just got mine... Everything is perfect but the cape has two big holes in it and a large crack. Mine is 182/2000. The paints look great though. I really am impressed with it. A lot of the issues like the face paint are overblown. I think it looks perfect. The pits are not perfect, but I may just do the paper wedge trick. I'll post cracked cape pics soon.

That looks wicked! I can feel the "Must HAVE" side of the collector in me coming out again :devil
Thank you sir, and everyone else who commented. I'm still for a new pose/sculpt but this doesn't look bad at all. I should have changed the bat on the emblem as well, but I'm lazy...unless side show wants to pay me for a full mock up ;)

My Batman had paint defects on both head portraits. Looks like they packaged it before it dried. I was going to sell it anyway because of my living situation I don't know when I'll ever have the room to store or display this beast, but wanted to see if SS could replace the head pieces first, and they put me on the waitlist like everyone else. I doubt I'll even make my money back with the flaws so I'm just going to return it.

My Batman had paint defects on both head portraits. Looks like they packaged it before it dried. I was going to sell it anyway because of my living situation I don't know when I'll ever have the room to store or display this beast, but wanted to see if SS could replace the head pieces first, and they put me on the waitlist like everyone else. I doubt I'll even make my money back with the flaws so I'm just going to return it.

I'm so sorry to hear that! I hope your living situation changes for the better man, this statue is full of win and demands to be displayed!

Good luck with your return.

just to help you out SurlyJ
null_zpsfd3ebfa7.jpg

Mine came today.... And though I haven't had time to look him over super closely he looks AMAZING. I LOVE THIS STATUE.... IMHO I have ABSOLUTELY NO complaints. I know guys don't like the pits and the paint is to dark, BUT I have ABSOLUTELY no complaints. I now have my TWO FAVORITE characters of ALL TIME, and I couldn't be happier. Honestly folks I am OVER THE MOON!!!!!!! Folks honestly it has been an AMAZING time here. I wil get pics up later today or tomorrow.... GOD he looks amazing.

As for the portraits, well they are BOTH AMAZING. I have waffled back and forth on both the portraits over the months, but honestly I can't choose... So luckily I don't have to and will keep switching them out :yess:

P.S. To ALL of those getting the Regular you will not be disappointed. I currently have him displayed with the Reg hand just for the heck of it, and he still looks AWESOME!!!

I love this piece. I think its instantly become my favourite.

z8lw.jpg

Mine came today.... And though I haven't had time to look him over super closely he looks AMAZING. I LOVE THIS STATUE.... IMHO I have ABSOLUTELY NO complaints. I know guys don't like the pits and the paint is to dark, BUT I have ABSOLUTELY no complaints. I now have my TWO FAVORITE characters of ALL TIME, and I couldn't be happier. Honestly folks I am OVER THE MOON!!!!!!! Folks honestly it has been an AMAZING time here. I wil get pics up later today or tomorrow.... GOD he looks amazing.

As for the portraits, well they are BOTH AMAZING. I have waffled back and forth on both the portraits over the months, but honestly I can't choose... So luckily I don't have to and will keep switching them out :yess:

P.S. To ALL of those getting the Regular you will not be disappointed. I currently have him displayed with the Reg hand just for the heck of it, and he still looks AWESOME!!!

I like scruff on the Canale sculpt the most. It looks like he's been living in the suit for about 2 weeks straight

I like scruff on the Canale sculpt the most. It looks like he's been living in the suit for about 2 weeks straight

Reminds me of Aftershock/ Long Halloween where he does that kind of thing. Big fan.

That is so great to read!! Thanks for that. Finally some good news. Dare I say that means there is hope for those still waiting to receive a good statue? Could it mean SSC reads these boards and takes action on issues vastly reported? I'm new so pardon if a rookie ask. I'm on the waitlist for the ex but am so close to canceling because of the nonstop posts about QC issues across the web. It's a bummer no matter how hard we try to tell ourselves they're fixable. I gotta believe after the love at first sight syndrome wears off that's it's a bummer to have chipped ears or dark scrufs or droopy pits or wobbly stands. Lost track of the countless items. None of us should have to resort to fixing ANY part of this statue at that price. I am very new to statue collecting and have been reading and learning. Folks here seem very forgiving and understanding I guess. Is this just "how it is" in statue world or do manufacturers step up to make things right PROACTIVELY? They should have halted shipping after the first 10000000000 issues were reported. Maybe I'm missing something.

If you get a dodgy piece send it back for a refund or replacement.
You're never guaranteed a first time winner with SS.

That is so great to read!! Thanks for that. Finally some good news. Dare I say that means there is hope for those still waiting to receive a good statue? Could it mean SSC reads these boards and takes action on issues vastly reported? I'm new so pardon if a rookie ask. I'm on the waitlist for the ex but am so close to canceling because of the nonstop posts about QC issues across the web. It's a bummer no matter how hard we try to tell ourselves they're fixable. I gotta believe after the love at first sight syndrome wears off that's it's a bummer to have chipped ears or dark scrufs or droopy pits or wobbly stands. Lost track of the countless items. None of us should have to resort to fixing ANY part of this statue at that price. I am very new to statue collecting and have been reading and learning. Folks here seem very forgiving and understanding I guess. Is this just "how it is" in statue world or do manufacturers step up to make things right PROACTIVELY? They should have halted shipping after the first 10000000000 issues were reported. Maybe I'm missing something.
Issues happen with most collectible manufacturers. The difference is a lot of these issues used to be weeded out by lical comic shops, I used to manage one, for every 10 statues we inspected we usually had 2 breaks or issues. The problem with breaks really stems from the fact that artists who sculpt these pieces aren't concerned with shipment, and honestly if the were you'd see alot more boring sculpts. The shipping issue with Batman is mainly the ears and cape, unless they bubble wrapped them its nearly impossible to get them to all ship perfect. The other issues are from the manufacturing plant, and anything that is manufactured theres going to be mistakes, happens with everything from incorrect threading on screws, to improper gas tanks being put on cars, ask jeep about their recent recall. Even comics occassionally have issues with shipping ir printing. The thing is collectors are a demanding bunch, the want perfection or as clise to it as possible. If you bought a $400 bike and happened to notice a slight scuff on the underside of the frame you'd probably just let it go. Not going to happen with a statue.

I LOVE THIS STATUE.... IMHO I have ABSOLUTELY NO complaints. I know guys don't like the pits and the paint is to dark, BUT I have ABSOLUTELY no complaints. I now have my TWO FAVORITE characters of ALL TIME, and I couldn't be happier.

Congrats, man. Take the pics of Bat w/ your drawing.

Back