Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

I find it hard to believe that Sideshow would deliberately lie, not once but at least twice that I have seen them answer the question do they resell returned items. It is probably more likely that Obi was mistaken about his number or they reissued the number on a replacement, which would explain why that particular box would have been opened.

dude stop beating a dead horse they sell returned items, it's a fact that has been verified many times.

Even with this batman pf ex, i ordered 2, one came as expected, the 2nd one came with belt already installed on the body and one of the wing tip cracked and reglued back.

I also gotten new orders with international shipping labels on them. it's posted by many over the years.

I don't really care, as long as it's not broken.

brokenhand1.jpg

Can't see the conversation JAWS... What was the post number???

So have you decided to sell this me JAWS or are you keeping it??

I am leaning towards keeping it. I have found that I think he looks best if I display him by himself with the short eared head. When I put the Joker with him it just looks off for some reason... So I moved the joker and Bats looks great and very Iconic on top of the Besta in all his kick *** glory.

I am also getting a replacement Body so I will be able to play around with the pits on my old one and see if I can improve the look.

dude stop beating a dead horse they sell returned items, it's a fact that has been verified many times.

Even with this batman pf ex, i ordered 2, one came as expected, the 2nd one came with belt already installed on the body and one of the wing tip cracked and reglued back.

I also gotten new orders with international shipping labels on them. it's posted by many over the years.

brokenhand1.jpg

That's how I feel. As long as it's not broken or poorly painted, I could care less if it is a return.

brokenhand1.jpg

I'm sure your a much more reliable source then Sideshow Reps

:cuckoo:

:horse

It's never happened to me so in the end I couldn't care less, and anecdotal stores are just that, stories.

I'm sure your a much more reliable source then Sideshow Reps

:cuckoo:

:horse

It's never happened to me so in the end I couldn't care less, and anecdotal stores are just that, stories.

They do, I was a victim of receiving a "new" item that had been returned.
I know because I contacted them about 2 very distinct issues with the piece.

I trawled through the thread to see if others had experienced the similar issues.

One person had the exact same issues I described and returned theirs.

SSC obviously takes a gamble because you'll see from reading threads that for every upset collector there's two who will settle for it.

wtf you got multiple people telling you the same experience and it has been posted in many other threads from buyers, if you just want to troll that's fine, but don't be a ****.

I don't really want to take sides but someone really needs to provide proof of these types of allegations. Here's the problem. I return a Poison Ivy PF because it has googly eyes. Another person off the WL converts for Ivy and gets googly eyes. Now I claim that person who converted got my return. Well, we all know that SSC has tons of statues that have that problem. It doesn't mean that he received my return. Jaws provided a specific example with a problem and an edition number. Another member here claimed he received his return. Is it possible? Of course, but unless that particular individual takes a pic and posts it...how do we know for sure? There are a few peeps here that love to slam SSC and their business practices. However, if anyone is going to say that SSC resells damaged statues, provide indisputable proof. Give me a edition number of a statue that was returned with a picture of the damage. Then let the person whose WL converted and claimed to receive the same damaged piece post pics of the edition number and damage. If everything matches up, I'll buy in completely.

Last edited:

Of course SS ships out returned products, anything else would be stupid, and there's many examples of that being proved here. Many return flawless items for different reasons. But in order to do so, SS must make sure to check returned items extremely carefully. They have to check to see if every things in the box properly and that there's no flaws. Anything else is unacceptable. You definitely should check the piece even more thoroughly if there's sign of it being opened. But I don't see anything wrong with shipping out returns as long as they have a system for it.

I am leaning towards keeping it. I have found that I think he looks best if I display him by himself with the short eared head. When I put the Joker with him it just looks off for some reason... So I moved the joker and Bats looks great and very Iconic on top of the Besta in all his kick *** glory.

I am also getting a replacement Body so I will be able to play around with the pits on my old one and see if I can improve the look.

Im glad you think that way about joker and bats side by side so I can feel better about myself not buying the joker when I had the chance ;)

I recall one person putting a smiley face of the styro of a statue they returned to have it show up in another collectors hands who bought "new" from SS.

Ask yourself this, if SS does not resell flawed pieces, why not have the original owner simply destroy their statue and issue a refund?

Why would SS want to incur an additional shipping expense, adding to their loss?

I recall one person putting a smiley face of the styro of a statue they returned to have it show up in another collectors hands who bought "new" from SS.

Ask yourself this, if SS does not resell flawed pieces, why not have the original owner simply destroy their statue and issue a refund?

Why would SS want to incur an additional shipping expense, adding to their loss?

That was a Hawkeye EX. It happens, been proven. Not sure why some are playing dumb about the practice?

I don't really want to take sides but someone really needs to provide proof of these types of allegations. Here's the problem. I return a Poison Ivy PF because it has googly eyes. Another person off the WL converts for Ivy and gets googly eyes. Now I claim that person who converted got my return. Well, we all know that SSC has tons of statues that have that problem. It doesn't mean that he received my return. Jaws provided a specific example with a problem and an edition number. Another member here claimed he received his return. Is it possible? Of course, but unless that particular individual takes a pic and posts it...how do we know for sure? There are a few peeps here that love to slam SSC and their business practices. However, if anyone is going to say that SSC resells damaged statues, provide indisputable proof. Give me a edition number of a statue that was returned with a picture of the damage. Then let the person whose WL converted and claimed to receive the same damaged piece post pics of the edition number and damage. If everything matches up, I'll buy in completely.

This exactly

I would imagine they use the non damaged parts as replacement parts, ie you return a statue because of a broken arm, they can use the heads, cape, base as replacement parts.

That was a Hawkeye EX. It happens, been proven. Not sure why some are playing dumb about the practice?

Where is this proof you speak of?

I don't get why anyone would give their money to a company they think blatantly lies to them :cuckoo:

Lol, I can bet this forum is the place to come to for all of SS's employees to laugh their *** off at collecting desperation. You think SSAlex is the only one who comes in here to monitor? **** no! Those guys prolly place bets to see who'll accept what.

I bet it was chaos when Batman came out, employees running around screaming and killing each other. Then one man stood up and said, "Calm down everyone, please! We just have to monitor SS Freaks and hope that the usual nut-swingers accept what we've given them. Once they do, everyone else will follow like mice. Afterwards...we're good."

Haha, you're all slaves!

This exactly

I would imagine they use the non damaged parts as replacement parts, ie you return a statue because of a broken arm, they can use the heads, cape, base as replacement parts.

Where is this proof you speak of?

I don't get why anyone would give their money to a company they think blatantly lies to them :cuckoo:

I deleted my reply to you in hope of ending this pointless discussion,but you just won't give up. You clearly made up your mind despite everyone else telling you otherwise, so believe what you will and just drop it. I don't want to go through another 5 pages of this when the thread is about statues.

Classy pic! Joker looks fantastic! Wish he had closed fist(s) to hold the hammer / crowbar. Did spazzy offer closed ones as well?

Yeah one of my favorite custom, spazzy did a wonderful job. Nope it only came with the open hand. I agree closed hand is more natural but the way he holds the cane give joker a more feminine look which fits his character pretty well, as he is one of the comic characters that have very elaborate over the top poses.

--------------------

Unrelated, i dont have a huge issue with the arm pit on both of mine, don't know how you guys can adjust the uniform, the area where his arm pit is, the cloth is wrapped very tight to the actual polystone, there is no air inside. Anyway it really isn't a big deal, i left it as is.

Also the green lantern does not display well with this set, it makes it look like a shrunk version (ant man?). It's just too small..

Waiting on wonder woman and superman (and new ver of green lantern if ever), then my dc shelf will be complete.

Lol, I can bet this forum is the place to come to for all of SS's employees to laugh their *** off at collecting desperation. You think SSAlex is the only one who comes in here to monitor? **** no! Those guys prolly place bets to see who'll accept what.

I bet it was chaos when Batman came out, employees running around screaming and killing each other. Then one man stood up and said, "Calm down everyone, please! We just have to monitor SS Freaks and hope that the usual nut-swingers accept what we've given them. Once they do, everyone else will follow like mice. Afterwards...we're good."

Haha, you're all slaves!

Right, and you're here because?

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

Re: Sideshow Batman PF?

They do, I was a victim of receiving a "new" item that had been returned.
I know because I contacted them about 2 very distinct issues with the piece.

I trawled through the thread to see if others had experienced the similar issues.

One person had the exact same issues I described and returned theirs.

SSC obviously takes a gamble because you'll see from reading threads that for every upset collector there's two who will settle for it.

so you went looking through a thread expecting to find others with similar issues and then cry conspiracy theory when you find someone. Makes perfect sense. To your point, I have seen at least three posts on this thread alone with similar issues with a white spot/paint chip on the head. If I was to believe you, they were all the same head simply re-purposed by SS?

I deleted my reply to you in hope of ending this pointless discussion,but you just won't give up. You clearly made up your mind despite everyone else telling you otherwise, so believe what you will and just drop it. I don't want to go through another 5 pages of this when the thread is about statues.

lol, I love posts like this. You want to drop it, but still need to get the last word in. :clap

as I have stated before, I have not experienced receiving a returned item, even after having multiple WL conversions over the years. I choose to believe the company rather then conjecture from from conspiracy theorist unless hard evidence is produced. Sorry I am not willing to simply jump on board with the tin foil brigade because you said so. Perhaps your right and SS has been lying to us all these years, but until I see actual evidence of it, I'll continue to give them the benefit of the doubt, as I would anyone else.

Yeah one of my favorite custom, spazzy did a wonderful job. Nope it only came with the open hand. I agree closed hand is more natural but the way he holds the cane give joker a more feminine look which fits his character pretty well, as he is one of the comic characters that have very elaborate over the top poses.

That's right, holding a heavy mallet like that can only be pulled off by Mistah J. :) I just have the Hat and I love the way he looks.

If there's one thing I'd like to do, is paint the gloves white.

Back