Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

Damn dude, Mr. Green's Bats taken with the flash really makes his pits look like ****. Is it me, because every time I look at Batman from the EX side, with as bad as the pits are on that side, it always look way off. The suit is so stretched out and sagging on that side, it looks as if he has no muscle definition, as well as making the chest logo look small, puny, and cheap. Especially when the pic is taken from a distance on the EX side using the AB sculpt.

I know it's better and worse on others, but Green's flash photos really highlight how cheap it looks. NO to flash photos!

Mr. Green actually take the pic without the flash too but it come out too dark; not up to standard for you all to see. Its dark outside here and interior light is sufficient but not enough for the pics, so Green's auto flash went on. Its actually accurate and the statue is as bad as it look. Overall, the statue is great but the flaw Green stated is true. The light scratch below the chin is grain size small and will be easy fix; light brown paint and its done. Dark skin color on both head will be as is. Green will definitely glue the arm pit soon.

Also, the base is level, but the center of gravity is off and can tip over if a cat/dog or kid knock it.

*Edit: the suit is not stretched out, imo. its just not skin tight and the fabric seem like a high quality fabric too. its just too bad, SSC droped the ball on this area when the rest of the sculpt/execution is so awesome.

Last edited:

Mr. Green actually take the pic without the flash too but it come out too dark; not up to standard for you all to see. Its dark outside here and interior light is sufficient but not enough for the pics, so Green's auto flash went on. Its actually accurate and the statue is as bad as it look. Overall, the statue is great but the flaw Green stated is true. The light scratch below the chin is grain size small and will be easy fix; light brown paint and its done. Dark skin color on both head will be as is. Green will definitely glue the arm pit soon.

Also, the base is level, but the center of gravity is off and can tip over if a cat/dog or kid knock it.

Looks like the right shoulder is actually broken causing the arm to sag causing the costume to do that.

Looks like the right shoulder is actually broken causing the arm to sag causing the costume to do that.

Trust Mr. Green, its not. The fabric is loose and not skin tight, so it cover a lot of the muscle definition in that area. its not only the arm pit but the top of the biceps/top of the arm too. Mr. Green will try to find the right fabric glue first. Seem epoxy glue might be too thick and Krazy glue dry too fast. Mr. Green will post before and after photos.

Re: Sideshow Batman PF?

Not sure if it's ok to ask here, but I can't find a thread to ask of this :\

But what does SS do when in case I use someone else's card? I'm suppose to be charged tomorrow but I lost my card and had to report it. I'm using my siblings card. Will it go thru tho? My card was declined once and it will cancel tomorrow if it doesn't go through so I'm really worried here :\

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if it's ok to ask here, but I can't find a thread to ask of this :\

But what does SS do when in case I use someone else's card? I'm suppose to be charged tomorrow but I lost my card and had to report it. I'm using my siblings card. Will it go thru tho? My card was declined once and it will cancel tomorrow if it doesn't go through so I'm really worried here :\

"Please Note

Sideshow's credit card policy is that the credit card listed must belong to the registered Sideshow Collectibles online account holder. The billing address provided in your account and on your order must match the billing address of the credit card. Learn more in our Help Desk."

Mr. Green think its better to call SSC customer service to be safe.

I see but then how to ppl here let others pay off the order so others get the chance to buy it off them?

Green not an expert in this but sound like a possible scam or problem if one would pay off partially; one would have to give their credit card info to a stranger or from your sibling? you trying to sell/trade a partially paid item to a boarder? doesn't seem like a good idea if so. try to pay off on your end, then do the total sale via ebay to a fellow boarder?

Call customer service and resolve; Mr. Green would hate to see you loose this item.

No I am getting this paid off from a sibling. I see her daily so no issue but I read here that others try to help other boardies to get the item. Idk how they do it tho. I just don't want my order cancelled.

Neil, that is the cutest PF evah! Her clothes fit better than Bats.

Lol thanks buddy :)
I had seen pics of ther box but until it was in hand I had no idea how big it was, it's mental!

My styrofoam has a hole in it where the base was too. I just taped it up. Now it's not going anywhere.

Glad it wasn't only mine, looking back it seems pretty common to be honest, which is weird, you'd have thought they would have used a reinforced bit for the bas as it is a really weighty piece.

Neil

The cheap shipping is because alter ego is having sideshow drop ship it . That basically means SS is shipping it. For $10 you could hold out hope and get on the ex waitlist. ($30 tax minus $20 to you pay $10 for the ex)

I think this is one of the last few things before Alter Ego goes shipping directly from them

Well, I did state in my post that if he lived in Cali then taxes would come into play. If he doesn't live in Cali, then shipping was $53. Shipping for me was $43 but I live close to Chicago. Yeah, this piece does weigh north of 30 lbs. He's definitely well put together and has some good heft to him. This is an awesome PF. I hope yours arrives minty fresh.

Mine was $43 too

No I am getting this paid off from a sibling. I see her daily so no issue but I read here that others try to help other boardies to get the item. Idk how they do it tho. I just don't want my order cancelled.

You need to call them to cover your ***, but so you know some people have relatives set up another account entirely to get around the 1 EX rule.

Charged. Waiting for ship notice...

tumbleweed.gif

Trust Mr. Green, its not. The fabric is loose and not skin tight, so it cover a lot of the muscle definition in that area. its not only the arm pit but the top of the biceps/top of the arm too. Mr. Green will try to find the right fabric glue first. Seem epoxy glue might be too thick and Krazy glue dry too fast. Mr. Green will post before and after photos.

rrjrstatueman used fabri-tac. The description says it will not bleed through fabric which is a big plus. I'm hoping I don't have to do it on mine which is supposed to arrive on Thursday.
https://www.amazon.com/Beacon-Fabri...=UTF8&qid=1390915967&sr=8-1&keywords=Fabritac

Hello all. Just received my EX last night, #1365. This thing is amazing. HUGE. My 2nd PF.

Unfortunately, I have some QC issues, which I've been lucky enough to avoid throughout most of my HT figures and other SS items.

As its my first time (ha) how do I proceed? I'd greatly appreciate any thoughts or advice.

Thanks

photo.jpg
photo_2.jpg

photo_6.jpg

Gloss splatters on inside and outside of cape:

photo_3.jpg
photo_5.jpg

Hello all. Just received my EX last night, #1365. This thing is amazing. HUGE. My 2nd PF.

Unfortunately, I have some QC issues, which I've been lucky enough to avoid throughout most of my HT figures and other SS items.

As its my first time (ha) how do I proceed? I'd greatly appreciate any thoughts or advice.

Thanks

View attachment 90761
View attachment 90762

View attachment 90763

Gloss splatters on inside and outside of cape:

View attachment 90764
View attachment 90765

Firstly congrats on the Bats PF EX danny. Unfortunately, it looks like yours has arrived with a number of defects. However, do not worry...send Sideshow an email, better still, maybe telephone them...and explain your situation. They will ask for you to email some pics of the defects and 9 times out of 10 they will issue out a replacement for each of the faults...job done! :)

thanks, Mr. Green will see if he can pick it up from local hobby shop today.

Just be careful. Rafa clearly stated he put the glue ONLY on the seam of the costume. Try not to get any on the costume itself. It may still bleed through if you use too much or get any on anything else other than the seam. Good luck Mr. Green.

Back